• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 November Patch Discussion (updated as needed)

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Tacking on to my wishlist I'd like to see them update the Splatnet app. Let us see the when & what for upcoming Salmon Runs, viewing and contacting our friends list (farther than any longshot), and look through my wardrobe--especially useful when surfing Annie's store, and maybe have it run by Jelonzo!

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Well we have now crossed the threshold into November!

We should hear some more details about the upcoming patch maybe next week. And maybe this month will finally give us the Hydra Splatling and at least one brand new weapon.

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander

We should hear some more details about the upcoming patch maybe next week. And maybe this month will finally give us the Hydra Splatling and at least one brand new weapon.
Yeah, and maybe a classic map people WON'T whine about! Who knows? (Sorry if I sound angry Ansible, but Blackbelly was one of my favorite maps from the first game and I'm happy they brought it back. I really don't appreciate everyone dissing it all the time.)

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Yeah, and maybe a classic map people WON'T whine about! Who knows? (Sorry if I sound angry Ansible, but Blackbelly was one of my favorite maps from the first game and I'm happy they brought it back. I really don't appreciate everyone dissing it all the time.)
Why do the opinions of others in regards to a piece of fiction affect you? Someone else not liking something doesn't stop you from enjoying it.

Anyway, this could get off-topic, but I wanted to throw in my two cents.

Village Squidiot

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5320-0179-1531

Is there a way to submit new weapon ideas to nintendo? o.o that would be awesome

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
Why do the opinions of others in regards to a piece of fiction affect you? Someone else not liking something doesn't stop you from enjoying it.

Anyway, this could get off-topic, but I wanted to throw in my two cents.
Hmmm, good point. I guess I just though people were treating Blackbelly sucking like some unanimous decision, sorry!

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
You nerds are going to complain about Blackbelly coming back, but not about how Port, the laziest design
(seriously it's 3 lanes in the middle with 2 lanes to your spawn, with some of the easiest spawn camps in the game) out of any classic stage by far came back into the game?

I can't tell you how many matches on port mackerel end in a dreaded spawn camp. The worst part is, the match always starts off in a boring stall war to see who peeks out their heads first. Forcing players who want to win here to have to peek behind the walls, or bring their own splash walls to be considered good here. This map also has next to no vertical positioning on it, so those who want to position themselves on top of perches and the like will be hard pressed to know that Port Mackerel doesn't care if you learned about high ground is important. Also if a stingray finds you on this map, you die instantly, there's no escape because the crane driver who put those boxes in the middle is actually a toddler, so you can't try to dodge to the sides if you don't want to die. (Plus since there is little to no vertical space to move, you can't go up or down to avoid either).

Now let's look at blackbelly. What's so "bad" about it? Long range weapons are somewhat suppressed here, with the lack of sniping perches, and the fact that most short/mid range weapons can hunt them down easily here. So don't go packing your E-Liter here. It's not like maps such as Camp Triggerfish and Moray Towers favored long range weapons more. Just pick a different weapon for this map.

"The matches were laggy here" I personally have never experienced this here, but I've experienced this kind of lag on Mahi Mahi and on Ancho-V a couple times, which isn't a problem with those maps, but it's more or less the game's connectivity spiking for no reason.

The Rainmaker matches last 30 seconds a lot of the time, and if you don't run qr, you get a loss if you lose the first team fight. This is the only problem I can actually say matters. Just because that's too punishing to instantly lose a game if you get wiped in the first 15 seconds. At least on Port they would have to spawn camp you for a couple minutes before they won.

Sorry for the salt, but if you guys are going to complain about maps, please highlight why they're bad instead of just saying "I don't like it, that's why it's bad".

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Sorry for the salt, but if you guys are going to complain about maps, please highlight why they're bad instead of just saying "I don't like it, that's why it's bad".
A matter touched upon in other, proper threads and conversations dedicated to that discussion. Repeatedly.

Other than wishlisting for improvements to particular maps, in a thread speculating about the next patch, the matter doesn't need to be dragged across multiple, satellite threads like an unsatisfying comic book crossover.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Well, we've got a new weapon on the way folks. Looks like this time it's one people will actually care about:

Or maybe it's just me who cares about it, I dunno.
It’s a cool weapon. I use Dualie Squelchers a lot, but I’m also quite decent with the Jet. I personally have a tendency to underutilize Burst Bombs, but Sting Ray is super cool.

The original also has a solid set, which is probably even more meta right now thanks to the Tentamissiles, but I can still imagine myself using the Custom a good bit.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Yeah, I don't see anything good coming from the further patches if they continue the way they do. Half of their work is fixing what they've broken in previous patches. Most problems wouldn't even exist if they just didn't touch them in the first place. I don't trust them to improve anything balance wise. The method of apparently buffing everything else to not nerf one thing is currenty almost breaking more than it fixes.

What I do hope for however is to get of the typical drought phase. We are in a well known phase where the game has no notable amount of content and the small weekly updates are getting dull. I think it's about time for the big splash. In Splatoon 1 those were the ranked modes, but knowing what we know of the Splatoon 2 plan regarding ranked modes, I don't think that's enough of a splash. They've prepared many options and therefore hide a good amount of cards up their sleeves, including Octolings, so I hope they pull the right card and I hope they pull it soon.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Haven't heard or found much of anything.

I'm sorta guessing they'll probably go for the last week in November at best, if at all.

However, this video just dropped about at least one new set of gear that could appear. A new Coro Coro set in fact.

But, his video doesn't link to any sources, so some digging around is needed. So take it with a grain of salt and/or confirm for yourselves.

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
Haven't heard or found much of anything.

I'm sorta guessing they'll probably go for the last week in November at best, if at all.

However, this video just dropped about at least one new set of gear that could appear. A new Coro Coro set in fact.

But, his video doesn't link to any sources, so some digging around is needed. So take it with a grain of salt and/or confirm for yourselves.
Lord Hydra shall return...

Foxtrot

Full Squid
Its real, but most likely gonna be a japan exclusive set. You can only get it by buying the January 2018 copy of CoroCoro, it will contain a code allowing you to unlock it. There hasnt been any confirmation/way to confirm that the code will work in other regions however.

The gear looks decent, and has decent Mains so I'll be buying it just to see if it works in the America's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom