• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 November Patch Discussion (updated as needed)

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Hear me out!
Splatune 2 is coming out at the end of November, and the new patch is coming out at the end of November. Now, do you think they'd sell Splatune 2 with JUST the pretty weak multiplayer soundtrack we have right now? In 2.0 in Splatoon 2, it was the only time they added new multiplayer battle tunes. I would say that they're gonna add some battle tunes just in time for Splatoon 2 coming out, and it'll be the 2.0 update. I can hope, at least. I hope some maps will get a bit shaken up to make camping mid more difficult for Turf Wars, and hopefully some other map layout changes. AND BUFF RUN SPEED! Please...it shouldn't have gotten hit so hard. Quick Respawn can stay dead though.

Woomytales

Inkling
Oh my heckles, Blackbelly Skatepark was my favorite stage back in the day! Glad to see it return with more space for combat instead of being cramped up along the sides, as it seems. :)

(And yes, please awaken me from my deep slumber once we get Callie patched into Splatoon 2, in which she can actually be relevant to the overworld stuff.)

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
Hear me out!
Splatune 2 is coming out at the end of November, and the new patch is coming out at the end of November. Now, do you think they'd sell Splatune 2 with JUST the pretty weak multiplayer soundtrack we have right now? In 2.0 in Splatoon 2, it was the only time they added new multiplayer battle tunes. I would say that they're gonna add some battle tunes just in time for Splatoon 2 coming out, and it'll be the 2.0 update. I can hope, at least. I hope some maps will get a bit shaken up to make camping mid more difficult for Turf Wars, and hopefully some other map layout changes. AND BUFF RUN SPEED! Please...it shouldn't have gotten hit so hard. Quick Respawn can stay dead though.
I hope that's the truth, but I'm honestly not quite sure what other musical styles they could add in. I'd love to see another band like Squid Squad, I guess.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
I would say that they're gonna add some battle tunes just in time for Splatoon 2 coming out, and it'll be the 2.0 update. I can hope, at least.
I'm waiting for them to add back the original music, or if they don't, I'm waiting for Switch hacking.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
User interface?

Menus?

Player settings?

Inkling appearance options??

New inkling appearance options?!

PLAYABLE OCTOLINGS?!?

. . . please?

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
I get it was an issue in the first game with people stacking it to the point where they would zoom around like crazy
Lol if you think even 3 Run Speed Ups made you "zoom around like crazy". This is zooming around like crazy:

Probably a very unpopular opinion, but I think 3 Splatoon 2 Run Speed Ups should be your base run speed. Of course, everything would then need some major rebalancing. I'd also like for you to have twice the health and for weapons to have a greater range, so maybe I should just play a different game...

Padre

Pro Squid
I hope they would make you take more damage actually. Sometimes it feels that players can tank everything. Maybe halve the health.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Bigger question is, will this be an actual Blackbelly Skatepark, or the return of Lagberry Saltpark!

Oooohhhh ho ho ho ho ho h--*is splatted*
...and the return of the potential 10-15 second rainmaker matches!

Good times. ;)

Jet didn't get buffed.

So the new patch is bad.
Currently, the only buff I'm waiting for the Jet is the release of the Custom Jet. :p

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Make Blackbelly great again. AKA make it Rainmaker playable.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Gimme the gosh darn PLAYABLE OCTOLINGS. I will reset my switch if they add that in one of the updates

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
If not straight up bringing back the old music, it would be cool if they added remixes of some old songs and said they were covers by different bands.
This would be better than nothing, but I think that the few themes they did remix are much worse than the originals. The shopping theme, "Looking Fresh", is I think, the greatest example. You can barely hear it now. Also, the original multiplayer victory theme was jammin'.

The fact that the Amiibo unlock the original songs for Squid Beats 2, but not multiplayer, is insulting. It can't be that difficult to implement if it's already in the game.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
But the song varied depending on the shop in the first Splatoon as well, although I guess they sound more similar to one another? The bombastic music combined with the lovely hat changing animation (also changed, unfortunately...) was the absolute best, if ya know what I mean. ;)

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
For both games, music in the shops is the same track, but each shop uses a variation that focuses on a different tone. Like how in the first game Sean's shop would turn up the bass while Annie's shop would boost the treble.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
For both games, music in the shops is the same track, but each shop uses a variation that focuses on a different tone. Like how in the first game Sean's shop would turn up the bass while Annie's shop would boost the treble.
Meanwhile in the second game, the theme was outright re-arranged with different instruments and feel, such as Sheldon's getting a trumpet and chant backing and Bisk's getting a guitar solo. I personally prefer this, but meh, everyone's got their preference.

Additionally, I also like the touch that every player is listening to the same music track if they're in the same lobby, and I feel like throwing in bonus tracks through amiibo would throw that out of whack. I'm probably gonna be shot down hard for having this stance but I stand by it nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom