• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Pro Controller- Are You Getting One?

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
I'm not a fan of the pink and green handles. So a no for me. Getting the regular version.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Seems it isn't too popular. I bet if it were a simple black finish with the brand logos it'd be a bit more popular. The bright handles do go against the design. I guess it does fit with the Switch's asymmetrical "neon" color scheme though.

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
As much as I'd want a second controller I want a full new colour pro controller instead of just the handles. Also the only reason I got a second DS4 is because the battery is basura, pro controller doesn't have that problem. Maybe I'll sell it for a bit cheaper if I see something I can't resist.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I like it but 80$ is too much for something I already have just in a different design. My love for Splatoon doesn't go that far I'm afraid. :L

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Yep. Be it the pro controller or anything else, I'm gonna try and hold out till November~February—if I can—when there'll hopefully be a choice discounts... and stock available.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
I would've gotten that sweet looking controller if I didn't already have the plain pro controller...

Sgt. Puffling

Why am I still alive?
Sadly, I cannot afford this controller since here in Canada it's even more expensive than the actual game and making money for THAT sure was hell. I might just stick with using the double Joycon grip. But who knows, maybe I'll be able to make enough.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
The more I look at it, the more I want it, but the price is a death sentence. To put things into perspective, this controller is only $5 less than the entire SNES mini console, which even comes with two Wii/WiiU compatible controllers packed in. What factors in deciding the cost of these things? I can't imagine this Pro Controller costs more to make than the SNES mini, and the two SNES/Wii Classic controllers included. Is the Rumble Feature really that pricey?

Coricus

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4794-7152-2904
I thought it over kinda hard due to the price, but my logic has been that if I'm getting Switch controllers I want them to both have more details than just colors and I want it to fit my preferences in games, so I ended up splashing over the edge and preordering it. I would have never actually bothered with the original Pro because it's just another ordinary controller nor would I have bothered with this one had it just been the ice pop handles, but the splat and branding details on the center. . .MMPH. It doesn't hurt that aside from the steep price and some people complaining about issues that aren't really any different from the Joy-Cons I haven't seen people say anything but good about the Pro Controller.

Looking at the thread I guess I kinda lucked out insisting I only consider things if they're fancy. :ability_lastditcheffort:

Ann

Inkling
I want one but I need to save up for it. I will probably get it in the fall if it's still available.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Already have a regular pro controller, so no. Also, the colors of the grips are just terrible.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Sadly, I cannot afford this controller since here in Canada it's even more expensive than the actual game and making money for THAT sure was hell. I might just stick with using the double Joycon grip. But who knows, maybe I'll be able to make enough.
I feel your pain (also Canadain) I bit the bullet and bought A pro controller when I bought the console.

I'm lucky since My Girlfriend is getting me this controller. I bought her the game thinking of getting her more... (I'll take suggestions)

I did play the original Test fire with both Joycons and the pro controller. I find both to be good. With A Joycon in each hand I found that A little harder, but that isn't my favorite control method. But as we all know people are very different from one another.

If you are trying to get a pro controller at some point expect Christmas sales and promotions at retail. Waiting normally nets you the same or Superior version of a product for less.

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
If it was more than just a recolor, I probably would. Like if it was decked with actual splatoon related artwork, I would be on board. I can't justify dropping that money on a simple colorful controller.

Coricus

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4794-7152-2904
If it was more than just a recolor, I probably would. Like if it was decked with actual splatoon related artwork, I would be on board. I can't justify dropping that money on a simple colorful controller.
. . .But it is?

It's not art of characters, but it has Splatoon 2 gear brands and area decor plastered all over the place underneath the splat marks and both of those things are more detail than a simple colorful controller.

I couldn't justify it if it was just the ice pop handles either, but unlike the Joy-Con iterations they keep making it's not just that.

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
. . .But it is?

It's not art of characters, but it has Splatoon 2 gear brands and area decor plastered all over the place underneath the splat marks and both of those things are more detail than a simple colorful controller.

I couldn't justify it if it was just the ice pop handles either, but unlike the Joy-Con iterations they keep making it's not just that.
No I know it has the splats and stuff on it, but it isnt quite enough. I would have liked it to be a messy collage of inklings and squids and ink just plastered all over the controller XD Makes for a colorful and crazy controller but it doesn't affect gameplay or anything.

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
Ohmy
So long as I have the money I'll get one! I just snagged a switch over the weekend so I'll need to catch up on hardware, too.

Jordanaimee

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0734-5535-9405
I wish ! But just blew all my spare money on the switch and splatoon 2 , maybe for my birthday ................. or maybe i will do lots of overtime !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom