• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 TEST FIRE

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral

BREAKING NEWS! A Squid Research Lab special report:
Nintendo Switch owners will soon be able to participate in a special Splatoon 2 preview. A special demo version of Splatoon 2 will be available for download on Nintendo Switch and will allow players to battle against opponents around the world in the Splatoon 2 Global Testfire event. It’s a way for everyone to investigate the latest in cephalopod warfare months before the game launches!
The Splatoon 2 Global Testfire will give Nintendo Switch owners six chances to play with other owners worldwide during the three-day event. The timing of the event is as follows:
March 24:
12-12:59pm PT
8-8:59pm PT
March 25:
4-4:59am PT
12-12:59pm PT
8-8:59pm PT
March 26:
4-4:59am PT
All indications are that the content for the Global Testfire is similar to what’s being offered on the Nintendo Switch Preview Tour. Players can test four different main weapons, including the new Splat Dualies, as well as remixed versions of the iconic Splat Roller and Splat Charger. Extraordinary!
We look forward to sharing additional findings soon, such as when the demo will be available for download on Nintendo eShop.

#NintendoSwitch #Splatoon2
HYPE :D Looks like we'll get to test drive some of the new kit before launch.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'll be personally torn between all the weapons. They all have atleast 1 new thing I'm eagar to try out.

-Tenta missles
-Curling bomb/splatdown/new flick
-Roly-poly
-Held charges, STINGRAY

I'm not too terribly excited for the inkjet actually...
well, I'm not interested too much in it's intended use anyways >=)

I'll probably end up playing doolies and charger the most. I've been hard pressed to find any video of good play of these weapons
I've only found nintendo's dev-provided, possibly scripted, gameplay video to do either weapon much justice.

Here's a big point though:
We won't have that "10 minutes or less of gameplay video" restriction on us anymore.
Sounds purdy gewd ;D

Splash

Full Squid
NNID
ChameoFive
Switch Friend Code
SW-3931-9636-2696
Real cool of Nintendo though to hold the Global Testfire at the launch of the Switch AND NOT near the launch of Spla2n. There are gonna be alot of people not being able or not wanting to get the Switch at launch because of life taking priority over video games.

Joasa

Depressed Squid
I would participate but I have no intention of even getting a Switch until summer. I'll probably get one as a graduation or birthday present, as both come between the Switch release and Splatoon2 release. But it kinda stinks that it's gonna be so soon, like 5 months before the game even comes out. Hopefully they will have another test fire closer to the release date, perhaps with a wider range of options such as picking a character and more new weapon sets to try.

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
In all actuality this is definitely a marketing ploy. Believe it or not, this will definitely sway how soon people will buy the system. Nintendo knows this and that's why it's happening so close to launch. I think it is a win win for everyone involved. This seals the deal that I need to get the Switch soon.

Splash

Full Squid
NNID
ChameoFive
Switch Friend Code
SW-3931-9636-2696
In all actuality this is definitely a marketing ploy. Believe it or not, this will definitely sway how soon people will buy the system. Nintendo knows this and that's why it's happening so close to launch. I think it is a win win for everyone involved. This seals the deal that I need to get the Switch soon.
Win-Win, yet not everyone has that luxury, mate! I would probably get it at launch too, but I need to find a place to live first. Then again, not a big Zelda fan and I am NOT at all confident in 1, 2, Switch being a system seller, much less a good game

Madd-D

Inkling
NNID
Madd-D
Does anyone else think its a bit soon to release a test fire? Have they had time to hammer out any bugs from the demo, or do you think the test fire will be no different from the demo?

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I haven't heard of any bugs from the demo... but no one posting videos on sploon2 this early are primarily focused on finding them so...
We might get another map or two? It wasn't a part of any splatoon 1 testfires, but I believe they had 3 maps in them each time. Also they have atleast officially named the rock climbing stage as MusselForge Fitness

@Magic8Ball I'd still wait, since I'm holding out for spla2oon launch deals.

I want a cheaper price and/or a slick, inked out switch ;p

Madd-D

Inkling
NNID
Madd-D
I'm honestly just upset about how stiff and awkward the victory/losing poses look. ( ´△`) They looked SO much better in the first game (and the first game's test fire, too!). I was hoping they'd fix them by the time the test fire came out for Splatoon 2, but now I'm thinking that won't happen. A petty nitpick, I know. ( ; ´Д`)

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I'm honestly just upset about how stiff and awkward the victory/losing poses look. ( ´△`) They looked SO much better in the first game (and the first game's test fire, too!). I was hoping they'd fix them by the time the test fire came out for Splatoon 2, but now I'm thinking that won't happen. A petty nitpick, I know. ( ; ´Д`)
Well, you should at least give them some feedback then. *nudge nudge*

I'm hoping the splatling win will still have the hug animation, or at least a 2.0 version of it.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
We have no official word or date on release, aside from "Summer" (in classic nintendo fashion)

A few online retailers had a wide range of dates listed as release but, without any consistent dates(and one even saying december or some-such), they were most likely just placeholder dates. Not to say all of the dates were wrong, but that they are unreliable. We're still guessing dates at this point.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I don't remember the line-up, but when are ARMS and Mario Kart Deluxe coming out? I'm wondering if the test fire is also being used as a way for Nintendo to put their servers through a bit of stress testing.

Seems like a good idea on paper, if it's true. Get new people hyped for one of their newest IPs and put the online resources allocated to the Switch through its paces before their multiplayer games and latest app take the field.

Though I'm still giving them a disapproving side-eye with the whole one hour playtime sessions.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I don't remember the line-up, but when are ARMS and Mario Kart Deluxe coming out? I'm wondering if the test fire is also being used as a way for Nintendo to put their servers through a bit of stress testing.

Seems like a good idea on paper, if it's true. Get new people hyped for one of their newest IPs and put the online resources allocated to the Switch through its paces before their multiplayer games and latest app take the field.

Though I'm still giving them a disapproving side-eye with the whole one hour playtime sessions.
Mario kart comes out April 28th, and ARMS has no announced date, according to Amazon with their placeholder date of Dec. 2017.

And I highly doubt this test is to test Nintendo's online infrastructure as a whole, especially considering that Splatoon 2 will most likely be like Splatoon 1 having just matchmaking servers to make lobbies, and game play using P2P. On the performance side of things though, Splatoon 2 has made improvements to their online, so of course they will be testing to see how it performs in P2P, but I highly doubt we will see the servers breaking in this test fire.

Considering at how close to the switch launch this test fire is going to be, this is most likely just a marketing stunt primarily, due to how a small amount of Switches will most likely be in player's hands in the month of March. We will most likely see a test fire closer to Splatoon's launch date though, which will be more aimed at testing their servers.

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
If I'm in the Testfire, which I hope to be for the sake of my position, I'm most interested for Tenta Missiles.

I don't really have a reason to get the Switch besides Splatoon 2 though, so getting it so early for just the TF feels a waste.

In all actuality this is definitely a marketing ploy. Believe it or not, this will definitely sway how soon people will buy the system.
And I'm potentially one them. BotW and certainly nothing else on the menu isn't enough to push me to a Switch before the launch of Splatoon 2.

Except this testfire. If conditions are good financially and I am able to physically secure one, I very well may get a Switch entirely based on this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom