• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 TEST FIRE

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I am not buying a Switch anytime soon, I think... So have fun, guys and girls.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Welp

. . .

Turns out my brother pre-ordered BOTW and not a Switch.

. . .

I supose I can still hope a friend gets one before march 24th . . .
(I want a splatoon 2 deal/bundle more than I want the testfire)

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Double post, I know. BUTT it;s been a few weeks so I think I'm fine =D

Anyways just sharing what I shared on the reveal thread.
We get 2 MAPS for this testfire! The Reef and Musselforge fitness, no Amphitheater.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm looking forward to the results of hackery more than I am the test fire itself. Hackers found the DLC fighters for Smash months ahead of release by delving into the code, I wonder what they'll find in the demo's files?

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm looking forward to the results of hackery more than I am the test fire itself. Hackers found the DLC fighters for Smash months ahead of release by delving into the code, I wonder what they'll find in the demo's files?
lemme know if you find a post on that, if I don't

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Along with datamining, I want players (especially the vets) to try and break the game! Mechanics, map design, weapon usage, group composition, etc. The "Squid Research Lab" is trying to gather data and feedback afterall; seems reasonable to push that gauge into the red and keep it there. So give them a reason to improve the game!

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Kind of hard to break the game in the span of just 6 1 hour sessions, with only 4 weapons.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Kind of hard to break the game in the span of just 6 1 hour sessions, with only 4 weapons.
When it comes to the gaming community there are matters when I have little faith in it.

Not falling prey to exploitative pre-order bonuses and season passes? Yes. Finding ways to exploit and break an alpha, beta, or demo within a limited amount of time? No.

=p

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm more expecting some hidden piece of info that Nintendo didn't want us to know being dredged up. "This just in! Dataminers have revealed that Marie is the last Highlander!"

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
I'll buy one for sure to enjoy this global testfire. Last saturday I was so anxious to get a Switch that I almost paid US$730 for one. (Yes, that's the common price in my country)

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
So I'm very excited for this Testfire, but it's scary for me because I don't have a pro controller yet :/ Not only that, but I'm planning on switching to motion controls (yes I use sticks DEAL WITH IT) by the time Sploon 2 rolls around. With these two affairs combined I'm not sure how this will turn out. It'll be fun to use the dualies, but God knows I won't be good with em.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@Magic8Ball Don't sweat it, eeeeererebawdeez gunna to be trying to learn all the new stuff along with ya.
If you were around back at splatoon's launch, it'll be a lot like that. If not, then you'll get a taste of what that was like =P

Ansible

Community Ambassador
So I'm very excited for this Testfire, but it's scary for me because I don't have a pro controller yet :/ Not only that, but I'm planning on switching to motion controls (yes I use sticks DEAL WITH IT) by the time Sploon 2 rolls around. With these two affairs combined I'm not sure how this will turn out. It'll be fun to use the dualies, but God knows I won't be good with em.
Step one: DEEP BREATH. Exhale. Deep breath, exhale.

Tell yourself: It's not ranked mode. It's not a competitive tourney. No records will be kept. No one is judging you. Don't judge yourself.

Now repeat: Test fire. Turf Wars. Noobs anywhere. Casuals everywhere.

Finally: Splatoon and chill ~(▼-▼*)~

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
Even in the test fire, there is no such thing as mercy.
We must display our DOMINANCE! But in all seriousness I will have fun it's just gonna be hard making the transition. But yeah, everybody else is gonna be where I am. That's the joy of Testfire.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Even in the test fire, there is no such thing as mercy.
That splits me in twain!

On one side, I can see it running off new and returning players if they're getting curbstomped like a newb that failed into level 10 then jumped into a competitive scrim.

Yet on the other hand, going all out on everyone could encourage the game's staff to further refine the game, such as with matchmaking, map design, and weapon balance.

But I don't have to decide either way because I won't be in the test fire! =p

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I'm more expecting some hidden piece of info that Nintendo didn't want us to know being dredged up. "This just in! Dataminers have revealed that Marie is the last Highlander!"
Well this ends up making Callie's disappearance all the more morbid

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
'^') Man... I'm just ready to see the whole game.
Gah, just hearing the test fire makes me more excited tbh. Though I won't be able to play it because I don't have the Switch yet. I'm just honestly hoping by May I can get one and sit there and wait for the Squids to roll on by in Summer.

New weapons, abilities, etc, gonna be great. However hearin' the new weapons just make me brace myself because I know Imma be raging so hard once the game it out.

To those who are able to play the Test Fire, have fun and whatnots! Tell us how it went - v-)b

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom