• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2?

Purplesarus

Inkling
NNID
triminun
It came across my mind walking home today

but if there was a splatoon 2 what do you think will be new

besides the oblivious new maps and weapons thing

MrFilibrawler

Inkling
NNID
Zac757
I don't expect much to change if it goes over to the NX, sort of like a port of sorts. Besides, things are updated all the time.

Agadez

Octobrush Crackerjack
1. Some kind of Mario Sunshine Crossover. (If it isn't coming already to splatoon)
2. Pants :V
3. Create a map
4. Weapon Color Editor/stickers on your weapon
5. Newer mini games for the waiting lobby
6. In-game groups/Better ways to contact members and invite to private matches
7. More crossovers in general.

8. Other ways to spend in-game money (I've got like a mil and a half and nothing to do with it)
9. The cafe in Inkopolis to provide some buff before a match?

I dunno *Shrugs* :V

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
1) Hairstyles plz
2) Pants (hopefully they come out before then though)
3) Primary and/or secondary color changing of clothing, not including ink colors
4) A sound test without the need for an amiibo
5) Volume controls to turn the music off when I want to listen to music I like outside the game
6) Bigger hub
7) Use the d-pad or whatever it will be in the hub to do stuff like dance
8) More information about the world, like locations, species, etc.
9) Easier sniper controlling for stick users

These are things I want that I think are all possible for the next game. I think, at least. :P dont crush my dreams

@Agadez: Somebody understands the concept of love. :P

Kryzz

Full Squid
NNID
Valdraya
So this isn't really what I expect but more what I just want

• Better local multiplayer modes + splitscreen online (presume the NX would support two touchscreen controllers since they were aiming for that with the Wii U)
• Ability to change equipment in waiting room in modes other than squad
• More dynamic maps (tides changing, using floats as stepping stones etc)
• Harder, longer
single player mode
• Trousers I guess (though I quite like the shorts)
• A few hairstyles
• (Clientside and/or hub/singleplayer-based) player colour choice (like a more elaborate colour lock for people who want a specific colour on their inkling)
• More options to spend money on
• A few more macros other than 'To me!' and 'Nice!'. Left and right on the d-pad do nothing.
• Unranked splatzones/tower control (& ranked turf war?) <- so long as the game sells enough anyway, they can introduce it post-launch to check popularity
• Splatfests with splatzones/tower control incorporated (atleast for high enough level players)
• Main, sub and special separated for more strategy (not sure I've thought this through)
• JSR crossover stuff. Everyone wants it
• Moar hip wiggle

oval

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Weatie
Switch Friend Code
SW-0864-5796-0493
1. Some kind of Mario Sunshine Crossover. (If it isn't coming already to splatoon)
2. Pants :V
3. Create a map
4. Weapon Color Editor/stickers on your weapon
5. Newer mini games for the waiting lobby
6. In-game groups/Better ways to contact members and invite to private matches
7. More crossovers in general.

8. Other ways to spend in-game money (I've got like a mil and a half and nothing to do with it)
9. The cafe in Inkopolis to provide some buff before a match?

I dunno *Shrugs* :V
This reminds me so much of Jet Set Radio.

Psycho_Wendigo

Resident World Devourer
NNID
PyschoWendigo
Instead of shells, have the Inklings in Inkopolis be actual real-time avatars walking around.
Friends only voice chat
Public text chat
more Pings, specific to each gamemode, "Get on the Tower" could be left on the d-pad, for example

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Honestly, I think I'd be happy with just more of everything we already have, along with maybe some tweaks to current maps. But if we could get some other things...

+Being able to go into Recon (walking around the map by yourself) for every map, not just the ones currently on the rotation.
+Expanded single-player content, preferably through an Octarian campaign and non-amiibo-locked challenge levels (preferably with more variety as well).
+Playable Octolings in multiplayer. Just a cosmetic thing, probably, but it'd be something I'd like.
+Put single-player stuff (like Sponges, Inkrails, etc.) on multiplayer maps, even if it's just for a special mode (though I'd prefer some maps that have them all the time).
+More D-Pad commands. Maybe have a selection of things, from which you can select four?
+More than just 3 kinds of Roller and 2 Brushes. Not sure what else they could add for the Roller class (Brush still could use some kind of slow Roller), but I'd like to see what they'd add.
+Some sort of spray-paint can flamethrower? Seems like a logicalish thing that could get in at some point.
+Jet Set Radio crossover. This needs to happen. I didn't even play JSR (or Future) and I still know it's too good an idea to pass up (especially if we can get a few JSR tracks into Splatoon, the music is so good).

That's all I've got at the moment. Thoughts?

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
Instead of shells, have the Inklings in Inkopolis be actual real-time avatars walking around.
That can't go wrong at all. There definitely won't be a group just standing in front of Spyke's alley saying "This alley's closed"

Azure_Kyte

Inkling
NNID
Azure_Kyte
That can't go wrong at all. There definitely won't be a group just standing in front of Spyke's alley saying "This alley's closed"
To be fair, such things would be easily solved by not having players collide with each other in the plaza.

For a Spla2n, I would like to see the following features:
- Assymetrical map designs. Not acting as a replacement but a complement to our already symmetrical maps.
- The title, "Spla2n"
- Different Splatfest layouts for the hub zone.
- 2v2v2v2 game modes with doubly symmetric maps.
- The ability to lock colours to the colours of your own choosing.
- Unlockable Hub areas based on level.
- Hub areas being lit based on time of day. For simplicity's sake, have a sunrise (4am-7am), mid-day(7am-4pm), sunset(4pm-7pm) and night-time(7pm-4am) lighting system.
- Challenges; Missions or tasks you must complete alone without getting Splatted x times. Given specific loadouts against more numerous/harder (than we have now) AI adversaries. Things like "Take the Rainmaker to the enemy base" vs 6/8 Octolings with the Slosher.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
To be fair, such things would be easily solved by not having players collide with each other in the plaza.
Good luck ordering gear from one specific player then because you'll have 20 people standing in the same spot.

Azure_Kyte

Inkling
NNID
Azure_Kyte
1. Player presses X to order gear.
2. A list of players(name, with Inkling image(Already demonstrated in-game with inkling portraits)) within X meters is calculated console-side. This only needs to happen when the list is created, no updating when people leave/enter the radius.
3. Player selects the player they want a piece from.
4. Player selects the outfit piece they desire.

The lack of inter-player collision still doesn't make these things particularly complex.

Last edited:

MintChipper

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TonyEH
What I want is for Spla2 to not be talked about for like 2 years but you guys are already going on about it so I should probably contribute too, if it were ported to NX with additional content would like these things to happen:

• Ability to change equipment in a public lobby (once the lobby is full make it work like a squad or private where you have a minute to change before it begins but for pubs it should be 30 seconds.)
  • Make Jellyfish playable
  • Ability to transfer over gear and weapons from the Wii U version
That's all I can think of.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Better servers. More maps, more weapons. Better servers. Matchmaking will try to get you better balanced teams based on your weapons. (No more 4 charger teams.) Better servers.

Annnnd giant robots. Chicks dig giant robots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom