• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 3 Discussion

ZuraRBX

Inkling
NNID
Johnnybump
Switch Friend Code
SW-0993-3221-5618
So, this may be too early, but does anyone want new things or suggestions for Splatoon 3? I mean, I'm assuming we'll get it.

Personally, I'd like to see some new gameplay elements or something like that. What would you like to see?

(Also Octolings should still offered as an option, whether it costs money or not)
I want to see more customization options. I also want more ink colors, and the return of Splatoon 1 maps. Besides that, I'm pretty cool with what we have now.

Cephalobro

I want a real matchmaking system for all multiplayer modes, not just Ranked and Salmon Run. It's time for the completely random nature of Turf War to be a thing of the past.

ZuraRBX

Inkling
NNID
Johnnybump
Switch Friend Code
SW-0993-3221-5618
I want a real matchmaking system for all multiplayer modes, not just Ranked and Salmon Run. It's time for the completely random nature of Turf War to be a thing of the past.
I agree with this, personally. I feel the matchmaking system should be improved drastically, as well as invest in ACTUAL SERVERS. I feel S3 would benefit a lot from something like this.

ink#0187

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6856-4335-4791
Personally I'd want old subs, maps, and specials back (even though i haven't played the first game).
I'd also want more customization options, like being able to choose ink colors.

Aiken

Inkling
Splatoon 3 needs more hair (or I suppose tentacle) styles, especially for octolings.

ink#0187

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6856-4335-4791
I'd also like free Octolings, or another species to choose from, maybe in the next DLC.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I am glad to see this make a return a had a splatoon 3 think tank a while back but it was way too early.. since then my list has only grown I would like to see added to Splatoon 3 but I will stick with abilities

There are some abilities in Splatoon 2 that are straight up useless(.....cough cough cold blooded)
While most others especially the primary abilities were very niche, like Stealth jump, drop roller, haunt, respawn punisher, and thermal ink. So I propose 2 changes
1. Better primary abilities
-Like a primary that causes bombs to reveal nearby enemies, One that extends the range of a weapon at the cost of dmg, or one the increase movmeny speed until you get hit
-Bring back Dmg up and Def up as Primary and limit it to a specific piece of clothing
2. Higher base growth of abilties and increasing the diminishing returns
-Most players will usually run all or a split between 2 abilities because of stacking I would love to be able to have greater variety to improve multiple stats instead of 1 or 2
3. Add a slot for pants
-Again adds more customization amd style for causal players and so many variations on abilities you can have overall for competitive players

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Oh hey, this exists. Okay, sure, here's a current wishlist.

- A complete weapon overhaul. Let's be frank, the current system of "weapon with a kit and same weapon with a palette change that has a different kit" is NOT working. Whether they pare back weapons or increase customization, we need a new system.
- Separate fashion from abilities. In truth, Splatoon's customization is hideously limited as it is, and then you put abilities on it and it's even more of a headache, it's very hard to look the way you want to while also having the abilities you want.
- A better firing range. The current one is a step up, but we need MORE. Let us simulate abilities of any amount, to see if a grind is worth doing. Programmable dummies too - different patterns, behavior, even applications of run/swim speed. This would massively increase the usefulness of the firing range for all skill levels.
- Personally? A homing main weapon. I love homing weapons in any game. I don't care if they have to make it slow or weak for balance purposes, give me a primary attack that seeks enemies ;)
- Back to the drawing table for maps. Make each map specifically for one mode only. This'll make balancing and design far easier.
-Bring back Splatoon 1's point-based rank system. Frankly, that WORKED. Remove all the stupid variables - you win, you gain this much progress, you lose, you lose this much progress. Guaranteed. That was so much better.

There's more I could say, but that's the gist of it.

Cephalobro

The only thing I would change about the original Splatoon's point-based system is to always make the gains equal to losses, even in the higher ranks. Giving players something more concrete in terms of ranking up would be so much better.

It really shouldn't take 3 wins to recuperate 1 loss in a high ranked match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom