• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 3 theories

Agent_1000008

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-6179-1796
Well, since Splatoon 3 is planning to release soon, why not gather the information we already know? With all of the provided sneek-peeks that we've received through 2 trailers, I've got some theories made that we can all discuss!

Theory 1: What made Mammals come back?
Well, if it wasn't just me noticing, more of the locations in the background looked like man-made buildings, like skyscrapers. Also, snow exists. Could it possibly be that the weather was too warm for the mammals to survive?

With the snow coming, the temperature mustve dropped, enough for the human/mammal population to live. Now, im unsure on why humans weren't there, but other forms were. Perhaps they already got exterminated. Maybe they were hiding because they knew the evolved kind we're more of a threat than a friend.

Back to subject, who made them come back? Maybe Tartar didn't want the sanitized ink to be mind controlling. Maybe they wanted to bring the race of their creator back. Maybe the ink solution was an attempt to tranfere the Octoling species to more humanoid than they already were, hoping they would come out as the race before then originated

After he was defeated, the place was left abandoned and fell into the wrong hands. Octavio found the chambers of the mixture and edited it, and made it work (partially). He used his original Octarian army to be test subjects, just as Tartar did. Soon, it was all successful and led to the story mode placement. Octavio is still out for revenge!

This also explains why Octolings are playable without a cost in Splatoon 3. With them being saved, at least the ones in OE, they remained free and happy in what was Inkopolis, now known as Splatsville.

Well, here's the end of it! Let me know if you have any questions and what your opinions are! Stay fresh!

Cephalobro

While Tartar being possibly gone, I think it's a new villain or maybe Mr. Grizz being the villain. In my opinion, the latter seems more likely since he paid workers to reduce the Salmonid population by taking their Golden Eggs. The reason why I don't think Octavio is the villain in this game because he would definitely have a problem with someone else performing experiments on his people. From what I heard in the single-player trailer at the very end, there was a sinister laugh accompanied by a similar Grizzco tune, making me think it's actually Mr. Grizz, who could be an actual bear.

It could be possible that Mr. Grizz's idea to hybridize the Octarians was always on his mind, it's just the Salmonids that make that plan more complicated, Little Buddy's ability to devour the fuzzy ink could be universally true with the other Salmonids as well.

Agent_1000008

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-6179-1796
Possibly, it was just taken into mind that Tartar was trying to take over inkopolis, maybe to take revenge for its creator. Though, this theory does seem to make more sense, knowing that Mr. Grizz is actually mammal himself. I did notice Octavio in the first release trailer, within the end which focused on the Hero Mode, which made me ponder on what his part could be. But I doubt Nintendo would try to base Splatoon 3 after Splatoon 1, at least when looking at the single player gameplay.

Your statement does seem to make more sense than mine, but only Nintendo knows which is true. Thank you for sharing this with me! I'll be sure to keep this information in mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom