• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 3 Wishlist

Cephalobro

And maybe for the single-player mode(s) you can choose personalities for 3, 4, and 8 so they can have dialogue and stuff that matches how you imagine them. I don't mean you choose every single thing about them, just Miitopia personality-level stuff.
This so much, Octo Expansion has already let the player choose canon already, so being able to choose how we portray the three Agents would be the logical next step, so I don't have to get stuck with the 3x8 scenario.

LunaSea

Inkling
Personally, what I’d like to see is being able to actually interact with the Idols. I’m not talking like Tentakeel Outpost sort of thing, I’m talking like getting to interact with the idols of Splatsville outside of just getting them to wave at you.

Like just being able to talk to them in their studio would be p fresh

pio_dov

Pro Squid
What if random splatfests had small effect on the game? Like a food place that serves waffles but not pancakes and chips with salsa, but not guac. Or maybe there's a popular comedy show (rather than action), and a lot of the clothes are more modern than retro. Stuff like that.

Ketatnet

Inkling
NNID
ketatnet
Switch Friend Code
SW-8017-7454-5223
I think theres a good bit that needs cleaning up from 2 but I think the biggest points that need to be fixed for me are the gyro controls and the gear

The gyro as it stands in splatoon 2 with its input lag is dreadful, and as far as im aware there have since been switch games that have managed to eliminate the lag issues, so its just a matter of the splatoon devs caring enough to fix it for splatoon 3. I understand splatoon 2 was probably pretty rushed to be a launch window game for the switch, but if this gets left as is for 3 its going to be seriously disappointing.

As far as the gear goes, I think now is the time for the devs to finally do something interesting with it. Gear was really powerful in splatoon 1 pretty much out of pure accident as far as I can tell, and things like quick respawn and damage just so happened to work as a good balancing mechanism for that game's weapons.
With Splatoon 2, they were so reticent when making gear that the game launched with almost nothing worth running. Over time they ended up having to artificially increase the value of abilities by giving them insane curves for single subs, ie inkres, special saver, qsj, so on. These abilities did not become powerful, they simply became worth running because they required almost zero investment.

In Splatoon 3 I hope that the devs look back and learn from both splatoon 1 and 2, and revamp the gear system to be more specialized than before.
They could accomplish this in a number of ways, but my personal idea is to axe the sub ability slots and have 4 main ability slots (add one for pants or something, idk). From there, they can create and revamp abilities to all be more desirable than before. For example, make inkres work like it did in splatoon 1 v1.0, revert stealth jump to invisible jumps, rework bomb defense to halve bomb damage, combine swim and run speed into a mobility up ability, etc. The point would be to have EVERY ability feel powerful and game changing to a degree, but of course you would be limited to only running your main ability slots now.

And for the hell of it, a far out idea that will never happen but would be sick is a halo style map editor, but yeah im not expecting that to be a thing in splatoon ever

Cephalobro

I hope DJ Octavio is a good guy (and the artwork depicts him as a side character anyways, much like Craig Cuttlefish and the Squid Sisters) this time, willing to listen to those who have experienced the surface. I think it would be even better is the reason why he's helping is because Marina or Agent 8 convinced him that Inklings and Octarians don't need to be fighting to live in the same place. Or he learns that fact during the Hero mode and decides to talk to Craig Cuttlefish about their friendship that was forcibly ended due to the Great Turf War and that they can be friends again. Allowing the Inkling and Octarian societies to merge into a bigger cephalopod society.

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
The gyro as it stands in splatoon 2 with its input lag is dreadful, and as far as im aware there have since been switch games that have managed to eliminate the lag issues, so its just a matter of the splatoon devs caring enough to fix it for splatoon 3.
From what I understand, it seems to be a system wide issue. Some games have even managed to make input lag unbearable system-wide for me, especially Dark Souls. Do you have any examples of games that "solve" input lag on switch?

Cephalobro

Alright, since it's partly confirmed that Captain 3 will be customizable, I will explain what I want to happen when you customize him/her. During the first time you enter, you will see the Squid Sisters and Craig Cuttlefish looking at some sort of tablet. Captain 3 is behind the box, completely concealed.

When you choose Captain 3's gender, his/her tentacles will appear from one of the sides of the box if female or from the top of the box if male, but any part of the skin won't appear until you choose the skin tone, which after this point, Captain 3 will stand up, but will be looking away from you, only after you decide the eye color will Captain 3 turn around.

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
can't wait to see what paid dlc expansion the game will get in the future

SacredWarrior

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SacredWarrior88
Switch Friend Code
SW-5006-3355-6621
Aside from what I've already said earlier (Choose Your Own Ranked Mode and stages and accessing Salmon Run whenever I want), I want the following:

1. Super Sea Snails and Ability Chunks need to be way easier to get than they are so people can customize faster.
  2. More Splatfests please! And I think they should continue indefinitely until the next game in the series is released.
  3. No region exclusive gear or Splatfests! Nothing should be region exclusive!
  4. Cloud saves please! This should be a given!

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
More Splatfests please! And I think they should continue indefinitely until the next game in the series is released.
The sad part is that it would be extremely easy to pull off by simply putting all splatfests on repeat after the last new one is added. Nintendo should commit to this series and make sure that when they drop one game, the next one comes out. The sad state of Splatoon 2 is caused by the fact that they didn't account for the time needed to work on ACNH, while setting a 2 year cap on Splatoon, and then really adding one new splatfest after that, along with some scarce repeats.

Cephalobro

Here's an idea I just thought about Splatoon having a reoccurring villain other than DJ Octavio. What if Commander Tartar is Mr. Grizz? It wouldn't surprise me that they would have an Ultron/Sigma-like villain who is essentially a rogue A.I. that keeps integrating itself into new mechanical bodies. This could be the perfect answer for Nintendo to have a better recurring villain without conflicting with the events that makes progress each game.

SacredWarrior

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SacredWarrior88
Switch Friend Code
SW-5006-3355-6621
The sad part is that it would be extremely easy to pull off by simply putting all splatfests on repeat after the last new one is added. Nintendo should commit to this series and make sure that when they drop one game, the next one comes out. The sad state of Splatoon 2 is caused by the fact that they didn't account for the time needed to work on ACNH, while setting a 2 year cap on Splatoon, and then really adding one new splatfest after that, along with some scarce repeats.
Exactly! Hell even allow fans to create their own Splatfests! That would be awesome!

Cephalobro

I think a good compromise would be to allow players the option on whether to play Splatfest battles or not anytime when the Splatfest is happening. It shouldn't be that hard to do considering there are many games out there that have lobbies specifically for their special events. I mean, it's 2021, so the Splatoon team needs to adapt to adding more options for what the player can do if he/she doesn't want to play on the special event but still wants to play to progress on the rank, weapon freshness, etc. Just like having a non-ranked version of the ranked battles so players who don't want to lose their rank doesn't have to be stuck with Turf War.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
More stuff about the minor bands. Maybe even in-game appearances from bands from Splatoon and Splatoon 2. I'd personally love to witness a Bottom Feeder bar fight.

And maybe for the single-player mode(s) you can choose personalities for 3, 4, and 8 so they can have dialogue and stuff that matches how you imagine them. I don't mean you choose every single thing about them, just Miitopia personality-level stuff.
This. Just... all of this, please.

frankus

Banned (6 points)
I want a lot of things.
I want a huge open world.
I want to explore the streets of Spaltsville and fight people randomly on it.
I want to be able to use my weapon in the city and splat people.
I want a huge Splatfest all over the city with different games you can play and battles that take place on some of the streets.
I want to be able to look for secret passages in the city to new areas.
I want some missions to take place in the city as well - not just in levels.
I want new pop idols. I love country music and the Squid Sisters are country so maybe they can go country?
I want to be able to ride a bike in the city and use my weapon from it, taking out people on bikes as well.
Ink racing should be a thing. On the main city street spray ink and get to the end of the street as fast as possible, dodge cars, etc.
The ability to purchase apartments in the city and also to house your team.
The ability to build your own type of weapon with a custom look and stats.
The ability to upload an image and have it come out in a shirt.
I could go on and on but we all have to wait... shoot now I've got to play Splatoon!

frankus

Banned (6 points)
More stuff I want:

- Street gangs like the Splatlings who patrol the streets stealing weapons and clothing. You fight them to get back your stuff and they grow strong every encounter.
- Battle arenas to have Turf Wars but areas outside of the battle arenas to be where hero mode is held.
- Random stuff to happen on the Plaza such as people riding their bikes, pranksters spray painting walls, ride by grabbing of items, random ink brawls that take place, etc. Just good fun!
- Once a month show an episode from Callie's drama show.
- Show episode from Studying with Marie.
- Commercials featuring the latest stats on various players such as who got to S+.
- This one is a bit weird but the ability to swim under the ink as if it were a deep pool of water and fight in squid form.
- Posting of artist's work everywhere and showcased on TV screens.
- Ability to walk in shops and chill out.
- Ability to join street games such as Hacky Sack or street chess.
- Ability to take part in yearly card tournaments that are held.
- Another pipe dream but here it goes... Mario's cape as an item to be able to fly around the city. Discover new areas during hero mode and enter secret shops.
- Longer names, please. I tried to enter my name as Bicycle Mike because of limit of 10 characters.
- Show more of the city. Have other discount shops and unusual item shops.
- Minor secret missions which you can be sent on to retrieve items. Shop owners or individuals can send you on these and if successful you get an unusual item. Missions may take place in odd areas such as Moray Mountains, New Sardine (wherever that is), or anywhere else in Splatsville.
- Give characters different heights and weights like in real life. Would make characters much more unique in look.

9DB

Inkling Cadet
Splatoon 3 will likely give us playable cuttlefish (see lore topic for why I think this). But what would playable cuttlefish be like?

Inklings are cool, Octolings are cute. The Splatoon 2 art book has a page of NPC ideas, and one of them is a cuttlefish kid who's "uncompraheldably pretty". That plus, well, the Squid Sisters, makes me guess that humanoid cuttlefish are very attractive.

But please Nintendo, playable cuttlefish makes so much sense and would be awesome.

Not just cuttlefish. Maybe for example nautilus.

Last edited:

peeinator

Inkling
What do you want to see in Splatoon 3?
I really want them to go all out on adventure mode tbh. Like, the desert they showed in annoucement trailer. More cutscenes and stuff like that, maybe following people around y'know? Also there should be more ways to spend gold, maybe it could be used for stat boosts. Maybe there should be a stat system actually- also BALANCING THEIR FRICKIN LOBBIES. like- make turfwar ranked kinda. NOT JUST BY LEVEL TOO! maybe a bot can look at their gameplay / weapon freshness or something idk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom