• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 3

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
(Deep Breath): AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! SPLATOON 3 IS COMING

th

Ok now that this that is out of the way let us take a closer look at some of the detail revealed in this short clip

New Weapon:
InkBow:
So this is what personally got me hyped OG know I have been clamoring for a charger with droppoff and called it the ink bow (as well as a ink flail known as the swoosher)
See I weapon I had posted for aged finally make it into the game is a dream come true hope to see some more in the future

Along we see returning weapons
Hydra splatling
splattershot
Eliter 4k
Dynamo Roller
.96 gal (?)
Sloshing machine
Range Blaster

Inkdodging:
It is easy to miss but during a shot we see an inkling do a diagonal dash out of the ink to dodge the attack
Probably pulling from Smash Ultimate this mechanic will open up opportunities for movement, positioning and mobility

Companions:
We got to see two so far the salmonoid buddy, and the crab (which could potentially be a special)
We get the ability to customize them as well which you know I am ggoing to have the freshest buddy around

Return of the inkzooka
This was always such a fun special and I am glad to see it return along with many classic spaltoon weapons
Crab tank (function in a similar manner to the baller in S2 for movement with more offensive ranged options)
Spider squid stealthy web swinging squid vigilantee who sneaks up and takes out opponents with their grappling skills

Fresh gear and more hairstyles!

New Campaign Rise of the Mamalians

Again there is alot more to piece together let me know what else you notived or potential theories for what was found down below

Last edited:

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
I'm super excited! The effects of chaos winning final fest are on full display in that trailer. Was that an inkzooka I saw at the end? I'm so excited, I never would have expected this to be the cap to the direct!

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
*I made alot of changes after I posted it of my analysis of some of the thing I noticed in the trailer I am so hyped

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
My biggest hope for the game right now is that they don't throw out balance for the sake of theming. They did a pretty good job overall of balancing 2 compared to 1 - "chaos" doesn't have to mean that balance doesn't matter.

Cephalobro

First up in the trailer is the "Style" replacing gender, though, I doubt that's going to change how the Inkling/Octoling sounds. This also confirms Octolings returning as playable characters and a new weapon class.

A Smallfry buddy, it probably will tie into a pet mechanic for the lobbies.

A non-Salmonid fish in the train, interesting.

Everything outside of the Inkopolis hub is a wreck, the city itself is the only thing standing.

Speaking of the city, it looks like the Jellyfish that will be in the lobby this time will be the kind from Octo Expansion, along with the normal ones we are used to.

The hub is a mix of several cities in terms of style.

More Octarian tech integrated into stages, at least with the Spawn Points and a new drone.

No idols were shown, a big departure from what we are used to in terms of first trailers.

Anyways I might post more findings as more is found out about the game, but so far, it's looking promising.

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
So, there's up to 2 years ahead of me before the game gets released? Considering how quickly Splatoon 2 was released after Splatoon 1 got the final splatfest, this is just a torture. I wish they either canned the whole AC series (never liked those games), or moved Splatoon to a director that knows basic UX. It's just amazing to see how little Nintendo cares about its major IP, and possibly the most revolutionary franchise since Quake dropped, setting new standards for movement and a control scheme that's unmatched.

At least release the new Switch and provide a 120 FPS mode before this game comes out, I assume Splatoon 2 won't get any new splatfests, because you're supposed to wait even longer. Also, make flick stick a thing, because it would make this game play even faster and make matches more insane.

Also, I hope they keep around the Splatoon 2 splattershot design, as it was nailed, but the trailer looks like they had to ruin the aesthetics of it.

Last edited:

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So, there's up to 2 years ahead of me before the game gets released? Considering how quickly Splatoon 2 was released after Splatoon 1 got the final splatfest, this is just a torture. I wish they either canned the whole AC series (never liked those games), or moved Splatoon to a director that knows basic UX. It's just amazing to see how little Nintendo cares about its major IP, and possibly the most revolutionary franchise since Quake dropped, setting new standards for movement and a control scheme that's unmatched.

At least release the new Switch and provide a 120 FPS mode before this game comes out, I assume Splatoon 2 won't get any new splatfests, because you're supposed to wait even longer. Also, make flick stick a thing, because it would make this game play even faster and make matches more insane.

Also, I hope they keep around the Splatoon 2 splattershot design, as it was nailed, but the trailer looks like they had to ruin the aesthetics of it.
I will admit tough it is tough it is good that they are taking their time Splatoon 2 got many complaints early on of simply being a Splatoon 1.5 til updates started picking up
This will give the game a promise start and possibly expand the initial weapon roster (Spaltoon 2 again pretty barren day 1)
Plus on top of that designing a game in covid life is risky if rushed....I mean just look how many complaints Avengers game had after release so waiting a year is ok for me

As for design it is likely these are vairants of the original weapons like the forge spalltershot pro or .96 deco, etc
Likely either the OG variants will appear or conisdering the games focus on customization we may even be seeing a preview of customizable weapon skins which would be pretty cool

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
Aahhh! I'm so hyped! I checked the Twitter account for Nintendo, there's a ton of stuff in there already, two new movements mechaniques!

Okay so, apparently, the game is taking place in a completely different region that the first two, the city is in a more barren and deserty environment so the matches take place in "the wilds."

The city is apparently the "city of chaos" I forget the actually name though. It's called this because of it's sense population.

BoTalksGames

Pro Squid
Content Team
NNID
BjFauble
Me and my buddy did an analysis of the trailer:

it’s been a long time but I’m so ready for some new Splatoon content!

pio_dov

Pro Squid
The new location will like mean no old stages or characters returning. Rest in peace Agent 4, Kelp Dome, Sheldon, Salmonid Smokeyard, and all my old friends. But that doesn't mean I can't make new ones! I'll still miss Kelp Dome tho...

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
The new location will like mean no old stages or characters returning. Rest in peace Agent 4, Kelp Dome, Sheldon, Salmonid Smokeyard, and all my old friends. But that doesn't mean I can't make new ones! I'll still miss Kelp Dome tho...
Yeah, that's a shame but at least it'll mean more interesting ideas for stages maybe?

Cephalobro

To be honest, I will miss Inkopolis now that the new setting is Splatsville. But at the same time, things kind of got wrapped up, or we may see a conclusion to it in Splatoon 3. Or it could be that Inkopolis itself got its name changed now that more species are starting to live in it. Maybe they can acknowledge that the younger generation of Inklings now know Octolings live among them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom