• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 3

Cephalobro

If there's any consolation, we can still make stories and RPs taking place in Inkopolis, in fact, we can do it more freely.

Cephalobro

Upon looking at the trailer again, my worries about the male body type being absent were wrong, which is good. I can make my character and easily refer to him as male.

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
To be honest, I will miss Inkopolis now that the new setting is Splatsville. But at the same time, things kind of got wrapped up, or we may see a conclusion to it in Splatoon 3. Or it could be that Inkopolis itself got its name changed now that more species are starting to live in it. Maybe they can acknowledge that the younger generation of Inklings now know Octolings live among them.
I am very curious to see if this new city is more diverse or not. It seems that Inkling society has opened up to Octolings and other creatures. I do wonder though, how is the story mode gonna play out if Octolings aren't the main threat most likely. Salmonids maybe?

I really do wonder what Splatsville will be like, what sorts of characters we'll meet, will Sheldon return? What about the idols?

Cephalobro

I am very curious to see if this new city is more diverse or not. It seems that Inkling society has opened up to Octolings and other creatures. I do wonder though, how is the story mode gonna play out if Octolings aren't the main threat most likely. Salmonids maybe?

I really do wonder what Splatsville will be like, what sorts of characters we'll meet, will Sheldon return? What about the idols?
Something I remember from an interview with Nogami, he stated that Octolings will be the stars in the next Splatoon game. Could he be referring to the Octarians helping out this time? Due to the desert-like place, could it be that you need to bring water somehow and the Octarians might be the ones with water left?

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Here's the question though: What would the plot be? I have a theory that that would have been determined by the placement of characters in the S2 final fest. Octavio will likely return, since he was on the winning team. Maybe he's hiding in the desert to get away with a crime? My teams theory also mentioned Octavio returning with Salmonids as his army and having Callie as some sort of anti-hero (well I mean she already is, but whatever) while Marie leads the NSS. The pet smallfry makes me doubt the Salmonid part, and it wouldn't make sense for Inkopolis idols to be relevant in Splatsville, unless there's some sort of crazy scheme going on.

However, I still think it's possible for Octavio to return, since you can't just hold a violent kidnapper warlord in a glass wall held together with a plastic band-aid.

BUT WHO CARES IT'S STILL SPLATOON 3! *dies*

Vernaltick

Full Squid
First up in the trailer is the "Style" replacing gender, though, I doubt that's going to change how the Inkling/Octoling sounds. This also confirms Octolings returning as playable characters and a new weapon class.

A Smallfry buddy, it probably will tie into a pet mechanic for the lobbies.

A non-Salmonid fish in the train, interesting.

Everything outside of the Inkopolis hub is a wreck, the city itself is the only thing standing.
Edit:Nvm
Speaking of the city, it looks like the Jellyfish that will be in the lobby this time will be the kind from Octo Expansion, along with the normal ones we are used to.

The hub is a mix of several cities in terms of style.

More Octarian tech integrated into stages, at least with the Spawn Points and a new drone.

No idols were shown, a big departure from what we are used to in terms of first trailers.

Anyways I might post more findings as more is found out about the game, but so far, it's looking promising.
Its not actually inkopolis its splatville or splatown and its in the splatlands.

Cephalobro

So, will this game combine certain aspects of Splatoon 1 into Splatoon 2? Would be kind of nice to hear the Splatoon 1 soundtrack in this game.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
So, will this game combine certain aspects of Splatoon 1 into Splatoon 2? Would be kind of nice to hear the Splatoon 1 soundtrack in this game.
I hope we can customize the music we hear in-game. Getting a mix of 1 and 2's best tracks would be wicked

Sandtide

Senior Squid
NNID
Vegsushi64
This year is already a good year, hooray! First monster hunter, now splatoon! I'm gonna start saving up now

Sandtide

Senior Squid
NNID
Vegsushi64
I wish the direct wasnt on so late, theb i couldve found out sooner oh well, what matters is that we get it!

pio_dov

Pro Squid
I don't think playable salmon will happen anytime soon (though it is possible, since that one guy in High Tide Era is a fish-ling thingy), but a cool DLC might be a Cuttlefish thing where something happens in a Cuttlefish village and they all head to Inkopolis or Splatsville, but one Cuttlefish had xyz happen to them along the way, and you play as them.

Playable humans would be cool for a later game, but not quite Splatoon 3. I mean, the Eiffel tower's shown, so that more human stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom