• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 3

pio_dov

Pro Squid
I wonder what will happen to Callie, Marie, Pearl and Marina (latter two will probably be in the story mode).
I can't think of anything they could do with them in the plot that wouldn't seem repetitive, but I can definitely see Callie as an anti-hero like she was in Splatoon 2, or maybe even a full-out villain this time. I like her as an anti-hero, as anti-heroes tend to be the most well-made characters. Think of Meta Knight.

Cephalobro

So are we going to be able to take photos with our Amiibos this time? I hope so, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't, given Nintendo's recent habits of removing Amiibo functionality out of a later game in the same series. *coughs* Super Mario Maker 2 *coughs*

pio_dov

Pro Squid
I know it's unlikely, but I hope the Agents return. It meant a lot when Three returned in OE, and Agent 4 will likely be an ally since they were on the winning Final Fest team (but I don't want to fight Eight...)

Also, what if old stages come back, but different? Like Mako Mart, but as an abandoned building (though I don't really like that stage), Kelp Dome with burnt out machines and vines growing everywhere, stuff like that.

Cephalobro

It's possible for the Agents to return, but I don't expect any of them to have the level of customization that your Splatoon 3 character will have. In Octo Expansion, Agent 3 was limited to strictly Splatoon 1's customization options so I expect a similar limit that 4 and 8 will have with their respective Splatoon 2's options regarding their reappearance while Agent 3 keeps the Splatoon 1 limit.

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
I know it's unlikely, but I hope the Agents return. It meant a lot when Three returned in OE, and Agent 4 will likely be an ally since they were on the winning Final Fest team (but I don't want to fight Eight...)

Also, what if old stages come back, but different? Like Mako Mart, but as an abandoned building (though I don't really like that stage), Kelp Dome with burnt out machines and vines growing everywhere, stuff like that.
Agent 7 still hasn't been revealed, I wouldn't be surprised if that's something they'll add to the lore with their next game.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Seven, huh?

I thought that they would likely be five, but if you're talking about Pearl and Marina, why not also include Sheldon? He had about as big a role in Octo Canyon as they had in Octo Expansion. However, there's also a chance that Sheldon's an Agent and they aren't, so that means that this new character could be Agent 5, Agent 6, or Agent 7. Or maybe they're not an agent at all! The possibilities are endless.

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
Seven, huh?

I thought that they would likely be five, but if you're talking about Pearl and Marina, why not also include Sheldon? He had about as big a role in Octo Canyon as they had in Octo Expansion. However, there's also a chance that Sheldon's an Agent and they aren't, so that means that this new character could be Agent 5, Agent 6, or Agent 7. Or maybe they're not an agent at all! The possibilities are endless.
Pearl and Marina are agents 5 and 6, Captain Cuttlefish doesn't have an assigned number, because he formed the whole thing, and 8 is the protagonist of Octo Expansion, so number 7 has no obvious character assigned. Sheldon would have a lower number considering how long he's been involved in the whole thing, so I assume he's not a proper agent.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Pearl and Marina were never stated by Nintendo to be 5 and 6. Also, Octo Expansion happens before Octo Canyon, so it would make sense for Sheldon to be 7 if Pearl and Marina are 5 and 6.

And yep, it is correct that Cuttlefish isn't an Agent. He's just an old dude who recruits children to the military.

Cephalobro

Pearl and Marina are agents 5 and 6, Captain Cuttlefish doesn't have an assigned number, because he formed the whole thing, and 8 is the protagonist of Octo Expansion, so number 7 has no obvious character assigned. Sheldon would have a lower number considering how long he's been involved in the whole thing, so I assume he's not a proper agent.
Pearl and Marina aren't Agents 5 and 6, neither Cap'n Cuttlefish nor Marie has recruited them. In fact, before beating Octo Canyon for the first time, being persistent with Marie will eventually make her think that she might need to get an Agent 5. Given that Octo Canyon and Octo Expansion happen at the same time, it makes Pearl and Marina even less likely to be Agents.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
I agree with Cephalobro, but I find it odd that Nintendo's starting to consider some fan-made stuff for this. Maybe the NSS has a different type of non-Agent rank for helpers like Pearl, Marina, and Sheldon? Marie states post-Canyon that she wanted Sheldon to become an Agent but he was too busy and declined.

In addition, Marie and Cuttlefish aren't the only ones who can recruit. Any agent can recruit more agents, as hinted in dialogue between the Squid Sisters saying that Marie became Agent 2 when Callie recruited her by hitting her with a bug net? Anyway, with that evidence, maybe Cuttlefish doesn't return but let's say Agent 4 does and they recruit the player. Also Cuttlefish is probably gonna be dead in this game but whatever...

Cephalobro

Additionally, if Cuttlefish dies, I'm almost positive Marie will be the new leader.
That makes me think of an interesting question. If Octavio dies as well, who becomes the new leader for the Octarians? I think Marina is the most obvious and (in my opinion) the best answer. That's because she is familiar with Inklings at this point, so instead of inciting another war, she could instead bring peace between the two species.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
I think the Octarian army is done for. Octavio, being the idiot he is, thought it would be a good idea to bring his entire army into an enclosed room with on of the Squid Sisters and another one about to come. He clearly didn't think that through. Maybe the same logic that made him make his band write a song about the person they kidnapped, and then get that person to sing backwards in that song (the Girl From Inkopolis is weird). Anyway, the obvious outcome of the Calamari Inkantation happened, and now all the Octolings are living happily on the surface. There were also Octo Troopers and such in the audience, but who knows what's happening with them.

If Octavio returns, he likely won't have an army anymore. And I don't see what he could steal from Splatsville. A solar panel? Him returning as a villain will likely have a plot where the NSS heads to Splatsville to find an Agent since the kids in Inkopolis are getting suspicious of them or something, and the player would be taken back to Inkopolis to go to Octo Canyon or Valley... or maybe it's just the Splatlands? One of the things I love about this is that we have NO IDEA what the story will be.

However, I'm still waiting for a new Squid Sisters Stories-like thing.

Cephalobro

I was kind of wanting Turf Wars to happen out in the wild, but I hope the desert isn't the only place to do so. It would've been cool, for example, to have ink battles in the middle of the woods, would've loved to have that happen especially during Splatfest because I just like having battles in creepy places.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So thanks to the twitter post on Twitter we got the a few new details
-The crab mech, inkzooka, and a torpedo like special have been confirmed for the game
**2 movement techniques were named
Squid Roll- the airdodge mechanic we saw enables players to dodge out of the way of inkcoming attacks
Squid Surge- Allows player to dash and jump upwards off of a wall (that is how the blaster dunked the sniper)

Inkbow: when fully charged the inkbow shoots 3 shots outward in 3 different angles

*****Most of Splatoon 3 will be taking place in the splatlands so expect alot more maps to be out in the wild

Cephalobro

I just had a thought, what if we do get to visit Inkopolis later in the game and I think that's where we will be able to get Octarian pets? Given the new possible single-player world isn't made of floating platforms anymore, it could be theoretically possible. Maybe the train could be the way we travel, much like Octo Expansion except the levels being more open world.

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
I am really curious about the bow, I love bows and the fact that we get to use one is incredibly exciting. I think it should funtion as a cross between a charger and a slosher if that makes sense, it seems to have an arch which would mean that aiming it up, like a slosher, could make the ink bolts fall down onto people behind cover. If all three shots hit a target, it's an instakill, it appears that depending on how long you hold the charge determines the range and number of shots it fires at once. In the trailer, it was shown, albeit briefly, that the bow fired only two shots instead of three, which is why I have come to this conclusion.

Additionally, the bow would switch between horizontal and vertical positions, making me believe that it has two modes of fire, one that's better at inking and one for sniping. It seems likely that this could also have a shorter ranged, faster variant and a longer ranged, slower variant, I'm basing this theory on long and short bows that exist in real life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom