• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon amiibo!

What amiibo have you preordered?

• Inkling Boy

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Inkling Girl

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Inkling Squid

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • All of them/3-Pack

Votes: 40 67.8%
  • None

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
Well, there is an Inkling Mii hat in Streetpass Mii Plaza, so don't give up hope on that. I think they'll be common, honestly.
How do you get that anyway? Is it just a random drop or do you need to do something specific for it?
But on the topic of amiibo content I really feel nothing should be exclusively from them. Getting extra stuff from figures I already wanted is cool but it feels like crap if you dont want the figure and just want the content. I really think there should be alternative ways to get the content, especially with how scarce a lot of amiibo are.
Like with codename STEAM with the FE characters being locked behind some of the rarest figures. So that content ended up being locked off to the grand majority of people :/
Yeah it is cool extra bonuses for people who want the figures but those who just want the content are forced to buy something they didnt want and has a high chance of being pretty rare or just miss out on the content entirely. You are put into a pretty crappy spot if you didnt already want the figure.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
How do you get that anyway? Is it just a random drop or do you need to do something specific for it?
But on the topic of amiibo content I really feel nothing should be exclusively from them. Getting extra stuff from figures I already wanted is cool but it feels like crap if you dont want the figure and just want the content.
Well, the figure is the content. They aren't going to sell the content separately unfortunately. As far as the squid hat goes, you probably need to Google that. I'm not sure. It's probably purchasable at the ticket shop.

KawaiiChao

Full Squid
I tried to get the inking hat in Find Mii for awhile, and no dice.
You can probably only get it from the fishing game or something.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I tried to get the inking hat in Find Mii for awhile, and no dice.
You can probably only get it from the fishing game or something.
It's probably in the ticket shop, you have to wait a few days before it shows up.

Xeiros

Senior Squid
I managed to snag a preorder of the inkling girl from Walmart so I'm plenty satisfied. She'll be the first Amiibo I've ever owned.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I have to say how much I love the inkling girl design. <3

The squid amiibo also grew on me. The squid amiibo also makes me incredibly curious what type of stuff it will unlock. We already know a mech suit is one...but what else? : o

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
I have to say how much I love the inkling girl design. <3

The squid amiibo also grew on me. The squid amiibo also makes me incredibly curious what type of stuff it will unlock. We already know a mech suit is one...but what else? : o
Well, Squid's weapon skin unlock, you can see the character in the mech suit holding it. It looks like it might be a reskin of the Splattershot Jr, or at least some form of rapid-shot weapon.

What I wanna know is... what the heck is everyone's 5th unlock? Each Amiibo unlocks 5 items... the outfits are 3, then a weapon skin... with's the 5th?

Infinity343018

Senior Squid
Alright well the 3 pack is sold out on Walmart for people waiting to have the money to pay for it (like myself ). Let's just hope other places can get them up soon. (Target has the 3 pack, but its sold out, Best Buy has all 3 things, sold out, and GameStop surprisingly doesn't have any of the Amiibo up. Just the game and its guidebook.)

I'm checking GameStop, Best Buy, and Target as Walmart just sold out somewhere overnight. (Literally, it was available at like midnight)

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
I haven't pre-ordered any yet, since I'm a poor college student :(

However, I REALLY want to get the 3 pack. I'm interested in all the challenges and fear that will be made available.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
One thought I had is how I would love to see the Splatoon amiibos used for other games! Think of all the fantastic unlockables. :3

I did hear they might be read-only, limiting their uses. (For example, they couldn't be used in smash if Inklings were confirmed for that game).

I think that might've been only a rumor though. Hopefully those amiibos are full amiibos. <3

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
One thought I had is how I would love to see the Splatoon amiibos used for other games! Think of all the fantastic unlockables. :3

I did hear they might be read-only, limiting their uses. (For example, they couldn't be used in smash if Inklings were confirmed for that game).

I think that might've been only a rumor though. Hopefully those amiibos are full amiibos. <3
I don't see why they'd give the Splatoon amiibo an entirely different kind of chip than every other Amiibo has. That would just end up pissing off anyone who bought the original series and wants to use them in future games that include storage-content for them.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
Seems like most people have ordered the triple pack. I ordered the Special Edition game and the two Inkling amiibo from the Nintendo UK site. Comes with a neat t-shirt too.

Besides the figures actually looking like some of the highest quality amiibo so far, I'm super excited to obtain the rewards from them. Have you guys seen the three outfits you get from them? They all look fantastic, although the gnarly outfit from the green squid amiibo is definitely my favourite. Can't say I dislike the other two because I love them all, but the green squid slightly pulls ahead.

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
Seems like most people have ordered the triple pack. I ordered the Special Edition game and the two Inkling amiibo from the Nintendo UK site. Comes with a neat t-shirt too.

Besides the figures actually looking like some of the highest quality amiibo so far, I'm super excited to obtain the rewards from them. Have you guys seen the three outfits you get from them? They all look fantastic, although the gnarly outfit from the green squid amiibo is definitely my favourite. Can't say I dislike the other two because I love them all, but the green squid slightly pulls ahead.
I like the schoolgirl outfit the best out of the amiibo outfits. Also found out that according to the gameinformer vids on youtube I watched that the girl always gives missions that use the splat charger and the boy gives missions that use the roller. Dont know if that was old news or not but I just found it out. Dont know what kind of missions the squid one gives though. And I finally found out that the outfits can be taken into multiplayer as well so that's cool

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
3 pack to keep sealed and the boy to open. I want that samurai armor.

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
The Inkling amiibos dont seem to be selling out from Walmart.com. Its a good thing too, I want them all.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
I like the schoolgirl outfit the best out of the amiibo outfits. Also found out that according to the gameinformer vids on youtube I watched that the girl always gives missions that use the splat charger and the boy gives missions that use the roller. Dont know if that was old news or not but I just found it out. Dont know what kind of missions the squid one gives though. And I finally found out that the outfits can be taken into multiplayer as well so that's cool
Maybe it'll be a weapon we don't know about, or it could just be one of the rapid-shot weapons that were shown in the initial announcement? Can't wait to get my hands on them and complete them all. I need all those outfits! I'm so glad you can use them online, otherwise that would've sucked.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
Maybe it'll be a weapon we don't know about, or it could just be one of the rapid-shot weapons that were shown in the initial announcement? Can't wait to get my hands on them and complete them all. I need all those outfits! I'm so glad you can use them online, otherwise that would've sucked.
The squid Amiibo's challenges are, I believe, time trials. You use the default gear, but must complete the mission within a certain time limit.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
The squid Amiibo's challenges are, I believe, time trials. You use the default gear, but must complete the mission within a certain time limit.
Ah, I see. Seems like they could be the most challenging ones. I welcome that challenge and now I'm sure the rewards will be even more satisfying when I get them. :cool:

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The splatoon amiibos are used in quite an interesting way in this game. It's a good thing it's all optional content.

I'd like to buy these amiibos but they cost a lot for me to ship them into my country.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
One thing I like about the amiibos are the stylish weapons you get from it. I do wonder if they have special stats or if they are just reskins of the normal weapons?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom