• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon Dev, all creative sense no common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Another issue is the initial loading screen. Making us sit through Pearl and Marina is absolute torture. There's no way to skip it and to make matters worse you are required to press the A button through it so you cannot pass the time while it's playing. Furthermore, there's times when you've already been in the game playing and there's a map change. And it loads Pearl and Marina, forcing you to sit through it. I have a theory that happens when Salmon run opens / closes for the day.
Yah, we'll give you Pearl and Marina being unskippable being annoying. Doesn't help that their announcements a longer than in Splatoon 1 due to Marina's record scratching and there being another mode with a another map rotation + Salmon Run.

But, if you're playing a game or in a lobby when the map changes, the game doesn't boot you out. It just sends you back to the lobby. If I'm not mistaken the game will only send you back to announcements if: you're in the plaza, have just reconnected to the internet, or if there in some announcement. Salmon Run has not affect on it (unless you were in Salmon Run when is closes).
That is probably the biggest improvements to this, that you don't have to watch it every time, especially now that we have shorter map rotations.

But yah, a skip button has been something people have been wanting since Splaton 1.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Criticism is shown by the true fans, the ones who love the games so much that they want to point out its flaws to make it a better experience. You however, aren't really giving a good reason to as why this thread exists. What's the source of this argument? Splatoon is bad because Snipers are flawed? Blasters are too accurate? A better thread then would be "Are Chargers a Flawed Mechanic of Splatoon 2?" That, or at least create a open letter to the devs that shows a concise argument that's quick and to the point. Right now your argument is disjointed. I'm not sure what your main complaint is.
Another issue is the initial loading screen. Making us sit through Pearl and Marina is absolute torture. .
Well. I can't blame you there. lol. Splatoon 1 had a skip option. (Though I rarely used it. god bless the SS banter)

ANYWAYS....I think Splatoon 2 is a phenomenal online shooter, and quite possibly one of the greatest console shooters ever crafted. The weapon balance is incredible, the design and graphical style is top notch, and a solid 60 FPS makes for a superb experience. Yes, Chargers are a tad flawed, there's a bit of messy balancing, but given the size of a game Splatoon is, on a handheld console nonetheless, it is truly a testament to incredible game design by devs who really, really, understand the Switch's hardware. I can forgive stuff like the poor online chat and mobile app garbage and some messy snipers in favor of what is a really innovative game. (Plus, this game gets updated all the time. I'm sure a lot of these issues will be fixed down the road.)

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@Skirmisher, if you have a problem with something I said, you can adress it here, in the very place you started the discussion. Please don't post nonsense like "stop trolling" on my profile page. It seems a bit rude to post that on someone's (public, remember) profile page without context.

If you've really played this many hours of online shooters in the past, the Chargers' behavior shouldn't surprise you.

And sure, it's annoying to listen to Pearl and Marina when you boot up the game. But those kinda things are small annoyances that neither ruin the game, nor justify the existence of this thread, and certainly aren't relevatory to any S2 player out there. It comes across as you're just bitching for the sake of bitching.

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
@Skirmisher You do realize Nintendo have lots of different development teams that have nothing to do with each other? E.g. the BotW devs are completely different people than those responsible for Splatoon. It's not a matter of 'bad vs. good' devs either, they are just part of the team that fits them the most.

Also, your criticism regarding the matchmaking algorithm makes zero sense. If you're a player who avoids confrontation and only inks turf, you have to be matched with players who focus more on splatting opponents (e.g. snipers). It's all about balance!
If you would be only matched with inking-focussed players, your team would lose. Similarly, if four splat-hungry players would be matched together, they would lose.
The matching algorithm is actually one of the best I've ever seen. Not only does it take your level or rank into account, but also your weapon and your playstyle. Especially the latter is quite hard to detect correctly, so they're really doing a magnificent job.

Also, you're wrong about 'playing Turf War as intended'. It's not just about inking turf, all aspects of the game are important. In other words: You're not playing it as intended.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Squidboards has an ignore user option; that will clean up the troll comments in this thread.
What does it do? Does it stop notifications going to you form posts form that user?

Skirmisher

Inkling
What does it do? Does it stop notifications going to you form posts form that user?
As my first post indicates this thread is to voice my objections to choices made by the designers and developers of the Splatoon series. In hopes one of them may see my objections and enter them as bugs. I'm not looking for responses to my posts and therefore I turned off notifications. What ignoring a user does is prevent you from seeing posted messages from the user you ignored. I assume the messages are still in this thread, but I can no longer see them. Thus, keeping the thread readable by no longer seeing troll messages and messages that provide no value to this thread.

Chewwiii

Senior Squid
NNID
newmoonz
Thus, keeping the thread readable by no longer seeing troll messages and messages that provide no value to this thread.
Okay.
Soooooo no value huh.
Then why make a THREAD about it on a FORUM about SPLATOON? Clearly you aren’t understanding how a lot of things work.
—————-/////—-/
This is a Forum about Splatoon so of-course people are going to comment about your in your feelings complaints about a game you clearly don’t understand. These comments have value in what they were trying to convey: this game ain’t perfect. The devs are trying their hardest to keep a lot of squit under control.
If you wanted it not to blow up so badly you should’ve added some pros to your joycons
“But whatever”, I say as you ignore me, still in your prissy feelings.
If anything you’re a troll making a troll thread. ‘Cause this is out right ridiculous.

Last edited:

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Making a thread but not looking for any responses...talk about using forums for literally the opposite of what they're there for.
Again, this thread should be locked.
and messages that provide no value to this thread.
Oh, so then you can't see your own posts anymore?

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@Skirmisher
I am going to put this nicely your complaint are so varied and very very biased towards your persoanl experience.
Cause of this alot of the arguement you made so far don't have the weight to make any real change.

Matchmaking for example has been greatly improved overthe course of the game back in spaltoon 1 you used to be a B+ player paired against S to S+ players and most times.
So having a charger in a turf war isn't as bad as you might think it to be compared to what it used to be

Chargers as a whole are decently viable and have their place in a lineup as supression and can be really good with pratice any problem you might have reguards busted hitboxes might be solved with a LAN adapter or simply moving closer to a router to minmize lag.

Lastly,
Let me tell you I don't always agree with @MINKUKEL but that is okay I understand where they come from and respect their opinion.
If you aren't going accept cirticism exists or even try to learn from it you never going to be viewed great player and people will keep viewing you as toxic or as a troll.

Personally I feel you might be a decent player who is just venting I understand and respect that does it all the time, but don't take out your frustation on other players or ban them cause they don't agree with you,

Now here is how the thread should have gone... @Chewwiii this is for u

Con(s)
-Paid online without dedicated serves. This is a real probelm that has been point and many are concerned that it will do more harm than good

-Clam blitz this mode is just salt inducing and though I dkn't take it too seriously I feel it needs some changes to be more entertaining and upbeat rather than a 5 minute camping trip

-Abilities- cold blooded, haunt, respawn punisher, and thermal ink have little to no use and honestly take away from many of the unique gear options and they honestly need a rework or a buff

-Salmon run this feel more like a grind for a new piece of gear or items they haven't any new bosses, regular or maps and rotations...

Pro(s):
decently balanced most time you get away with a non meta choice in weapons and can be as useful as a meta pick (outside of 1 or 2 options)

Devs understanding the community they might not be watching this site specifically but they understand our needs and concerns do their best to fix them.

And they are supporting this game liejly for another year or longer after launch with dlc and likely sheldon's picks or maybe even more dlc
and are willing to support it in smahs bros despite it being a very new IP which shows the support they are putting towards this game (even if you may not notice it right away)

***sorry for the essay but there was alot I wanted to cover

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
@Skirmisher
I am going to put this nicely your complaint are so varied and very very biased towards your persoanl experience.
Cause of this alot of the arguement you made so far don't have the weight to make any real change.

Matchmaking for example has been greatly im for roved overthe course of the game back in spaltoon 1 you used to be a B+ player paired against S to S+ players and most times.
So having a charger in a turf war isn't as bad as you might think it to be

Chargers as a whole are decently viable and have their place in a lineup any problem you might have with then might be solved with a LAN adapter or simply moving closer to a router to minmize lag.

Lastly,
Let me let you know I don't always agree with @MINKUKEL but that is okay I understand where they come from and respect their opinion.
If you aren't going accept cirticism exisist or even try to learn from it you never going to be viewed great player and people will keep viewing you as toxic or as a troll.

Personally I feel you might be a decent player who is just venting I understand and respect that does it all the time, but don't take out your frustation on someone other players.

Now here is how te thread should go...

Con(s)
-Paid online without dedicated serves. This is a real probelm that has been point and many are concerned that it will do more harm than good

-Clam blitz this mode is just salt inducing and though I dkn't take it too seriously I feel it needs some changes to be more entertaining and upbeat rather than a 5 minute camping trip

-Abilities- cold blooded, haunt, respawn punisher, and thermal ink have little to no use and honestly take away from many of the unique gear options and they honestly need a rework or a buff

-Salmon run this feel more like a grind for a new piece of gear or items they haven't any new bosses, regular or maps and rotations...

Pro(s):
decently balanced most time you get away with a non meta choice in weapons and can be as useful as a meta pick (outside of 1 or 2 options)

Devs understanding the community they might not be watching this site specifically but they understand our needs and concerns do their best to fix them.

And they are supporting this game liejly for another year or longer after launch with dlc and likely sheldon's picks or maybe even more dlc
and are willing to support it in smahs bros despite it being a very new IP which shows the support they are putting towards this game (even if you may not notice it right away)

***sorry for the essay but there was alot I wanted to cover
What compelled you to do this when you're surely aware the OP isn't going to pay you any mind? You do you I suppose.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
What compelled you to do this when you're surely aware the OP isn't going to pay you any mind? You do you I suppose.
Maybe not but this was for everyone no one deserves to be left in such a negative mood this thread can help voice concerns and aay what they would improve and that maybe can make it to the devs somehow ( plus I am going to see if I can meet the devs at E3)

Hoenstly if the OP do listen to the advice (or not it their choice) they could better find their place in the comminity and grow as a player...

Plus as you said I gotta be me....everyone else is already taken

Last edited:

Marfie

Semi-Pro Squid
Okay.
Soooooo no value huh.
Then why make a THREAD about it on a FORUM about SPLATOON? Clearly you aren’t understanding how a lot of things work.
—————-/////—-/
This is a Forum about Splatoon so of-course people are going to comment about your in your feelings complaints about a game you clearly don’t understand. These comments have value in what they were trying to convey: this game ain’t perfect. The devs are trying their hardest to keep a lot of squit under control.
If you wanted it not to blow up so badly you should’ve added some pros to your joycons
“But whatever”, I say as you ignore me, still in your prissy feelings.
If anything you’re a troll making a troll thread. ‘Cause this is out right retarded.
OP is being silly (seriously why is this thread not locked yet) but calling them a slur is uncalled for :(

Reactions: the
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom