1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Splatoon Dev, all creative sense no common sense.

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by Skirmisher, Mar 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gameboy224

Gameboy224 Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Gameboy224
    Yah, we'll give you Pearl and Marina being unskippable being annoying. Doesn't help that their announcements a longer than in Splatoon 1 due to Marina's record scratching and there being another mode with a another map rotation + Salmon Run.

But, if you're playing a game or in a lobby when the map changes, the game doesn't boot you out. It just sends you back to the lobby. If I'm not mistaken the game will only send you back to announcements if: you're in the plaza, have just reconnected to the internet, or if there in some announcement. Salmon Run has not affect on it (unless you were in Salmon Run when is closes).
    That is probably the biggest improvements to this, that you don't have to watch it every time, especially now that we have shorter map rotations.

But yah, a skip button has been something people have been wanting since Splaton 1.

2. Goont

Goont Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    PrankingMaster
    Criticism is shown by the true fans, the ones who love the games so much that they want to point out its flaws to make it a better experience. You however, aren't really giving a good reason to as why this thread exists. What's the source of this argument? Splatoon is bad because Snipers are flawed? Blasters are too accurate? A better thread then would be "Are Chargers a Flawed Mechanic of Splatoon 2?" That, or at least create a open letter to the devs that shows a concise argument that's quick and to the point. Right now your argument is disjointed. I'm not sure what your main complaint is.
    Well. I can't blame you there. lol. Splatoon 1 had a skip option. (Though I rarely used it. god bless the SS banter)

ANYWAYS....I think Splatoon 2 is a phenomenal online shooter, and quite possibly one of the greatest console shooters ever crafted. The weapon balance is incredible, the design and graphical style is top notch, and a solid 60 FPS makes for a superb experience. Yes, Chargers are a tad flawed, there's a bit of messy balancing, but given the size of a game Splatoon is, on a handheld console nonetheless, it is truly a testament to incredible game design by devs who really, really, understand the Switch's hardware. I can forgive stuff like the poor online chat and mobile app garbage and some messy snipers in favor of what is a really innovative game. (Plus, this game gets updated all the time. I'm sure a lot of these issues will be fixed down the road.)

Nerdbird likes this.
  3. MINKUKEL

MINKUKEL Inkling Fleet Admiral

@Skirmisher, if you have a problem with something I said, you can adress it here, in the very place you started the discussion. Please don't post nonsense like "stop trolling" on my profile page. It seems a bit rude to post that on someone's (public, remember) profile page without context.

If you've really played this many hours of online shooters in the past, the Chargers' behavior shouldn't surprise you.

And sure, it's annoying to listen to Pearl and Marina when you boot up the game. But those kinda things are small annoyances that neither ruin the game, nor justify the existence of this thread, and certainly aren't relevatory to any S2 player out there. It comes across as you're just bitching for the sake of bitching.

4. shani

shani Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    shani_ace
    @Skirmisher You do realize Nintendo have lots of different development teams that have nothing to do with each other? E.g. the BotW devs are completely different people than those responsible for Splatoon. It's not a matter of 'bad vs. good' devs either, they are just part of the team that fits them the most.

Also, your criticism regarding the matchmaking algorithm makes zero sense. If you're a player who avoids confrontation and only inks turf, you have to be matched with players who focus more on splatting opponents (e.g. snipers). It's all about balance!
    If you would be only matched with inking-focussed players, your team would lose. Similarly, if four splat-hungry players would be matched together, they would lose.
    The matching algorithm is actually one of the best I've ever seen. Not only does it take your level or rank into account, but also your weapon and your playstyle. Especially the latter is quite hard to detect correctly, so they're really doing a magnificent job.

Also, you're wrong about 'playing Turf War as intended'. It's not just about inking turf, all aspects of the game are important. In other words: You're not playing it as intended.

Yin_ likes this.
  5. Skirmisher

Skirmisher Inkling

Squidboards has an ignore user option; that will clean up the troll comments in this thread.

6. Dessgeega

Dessgeega Squid Savior From the Future

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3756-0533-5215
    Wow, okay. I'd recommend that everyone else do the same as well, because nothing conducive is going to come out of this thread... not that it was ever going to.

ThatSquidYouKnow, the and Elecmaw like this.
  7. Flopps

Flopps Inkling Commander

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3195-9273-4326
    What does it do? Does it stop notifications going to you form posts form that user?

Dessgeega likes this.
  8. Elecmaw

Elecmaw Lord of the Squids

NNID:
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3466-8927-7969
    I tried doing that, but it caused this thread to vanish! Help!!

the and Dessgeega like this.
  9. MINKUKEL

If there ever had been a thread that should get closed, it's this one.

MeTaGross likes this.
  10. Skirmisher

Skirmisher Inkling

As my first post indicates this thread is to voice my objections to choices made by the designers and developers of the Splatoon series. In hopes one of them may see my objections and enter them as bugs. I'm not looking for responses to my posts and therefore I turned off notifications. What ignoring a user does is prevent you from seeing posted messages from the user you ignored. I assume the messages are still in this thread, but I can no longer see them. Thus, keeping the thread readable by no longer seeing troll messages and messages that provide no value to this thread.

11. Chewwiii

Chewwiii Senior Squid

NNID:
    newmoonz
    Okay.
    Soooooo no value huh.
    Then why make a THREAD about it on a FORUM about SPLATOON? Clearly you aren’t understanding how a lot of things work.
    —————-/////—-/
    This is a Forum about Splatoon so of-course people are going to comment about your in your feelings complaints about a game you clearly don’t understand. These comments have value in what they were trying to convey: this game ain’t perfect. The devs are trying their hardest to keep a lot of squit under control.
    If you wanted it not to blow up so badly you should’ve added some pros to your joycons
    “But whatever”, I say as you ignore me, still in your prissy feelings.
    If anything you’re a troll making a troll thread. ‘Cause this is out right ridiculous.

#31 Chewwiii, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  12. MINKUKEL

Making a thread but not looking for any responses...talk about using forums for literally the opposite of what they're there for.
    Again, this thread should be locked.
    Oh, so then you can't see your own posts anymore?

Yin_ and ajxrunner like this.
  13. Nerdbird

Nerdbird Pro Squid

*Most passive-aggressive post of 2018*

Marfie, Yin_ and Chewwiii like this.
  14. Saber

Saber Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Saber
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0369-4203-0233
    @Skirmisher
    I am going to put this nicely your complaint are so varied and very very biased towards your persoanl experience.
    Cause of this alot of the arguement you made so far don't have the weight to make any real change.

Matchmaking for example has been greatly improved overthe course of the game back in spaltoon 1 you used to be a B+ player paired against S to S+ players and most times.
    So having a charger in a turf war isn't as bad as you might think it to be compared to what it used to be

Chargers as a whole are decently viable and have their place in a lineup as supression and can be really good with pratice any problem you might have reguards busted hitboxes might be solved with a LAN adapter or simply moving closer to a router to minmize lag.

Lastly,
    Let me tell you I don't always agree with @MINKUKEL but that is okay I understand where they come from and respect their opinion.
    If you aren't going accept cirticism exists or even try to learn from it you never going to be viewed great player and people will keep viewing you as toxic or as a troll.

Personally I feel you might be a decent player who is just venting I understand and respect that does it all the time, but don't take out your frustation on other players or ban them cause they don't agree with you,

Now here is how the thread should have gone... @Chewwiii this is for u

Con(s)
    -Paid online without dedicated serves. This is a real probelm that has been point and many are concerned that it will do more harm than good

-Clam blitz this mode is just salt inducing and though I dkn't take it too seriously I feel it needs some changes to be more entertaining and upbeat rather than a 5 minute camping trip

-Abilities- cold blooded, haunt, respawn punisher, and thermal ink have little to no use and honestly take away from many of the unique gear options and they honestly need a rework or a buff

-Salmon run this feel more like a grind for a new piece of gear or items they haven't any new bosses, regular or maps and rotations...

Pro(s):
    decently balanced most time you get away with a non meta choice in weapons and can be as useful as a meta pick (outside of 1 or 2 options)

Devs understanding the community they might not be watching this site specifically but they understand our needs and concerns do their best to fix them.

And they are supporting this game liejly for another year or longer after launch with dlc and likely sheldon's picks or maybe even more dlc
    and are willing to support it in smahs bros despite it being a very new IP which shows the support they are putting towards this game (even if you may not notice it right away)

***sorry for the essay but there was alot I wanted to cover

Marfie and Chewwiii like this.
  15. Dessgeega

Dessgeega Squid Savior From the Future

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3756-0533-5215
    What compelled you to do this when you're surely aware the OP isn't going to pay you any mind? You do you I suppose.

ThatSquidYouKnow and Saber like this.
  16. Saber

Saber Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Saber
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0369-4203-0233
    Maybe not but this was for everyone no one deserves to be left in such a negative mood this thread can help voice concerns and aay what they would improve and that maybe can make it to the devs somehow ( plus I am going to see if I can meet the devs at E3)

Hoenstly if the OP do listen to the advice (or not it their choice) they could better find their place in the comminity and grow as a player...

Plus as you said I gotta be me....everyone else is already taken

#36 Saber, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    calamaro, Marfie and Chewwiii like this.
  17. Chewwiii

Chewwiii Senior Squid

NNID:
    newmoonz
    IM DYING xD

Saber likes this.
  18. Marfie

Marfie Semi-Pro Squid

OP is being silly (seriously why is this thread not locked yet) but calling them a slur is uncalled for :(

the likes this.
  19. Chewwiii

Chewwiii Senior Squid

NNID:
    newmoonz
    My apologiesss. I’ll change that in a jiffy. Is it better now?

Saber and the like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.