Votes: 26 55.3%
  • Some of it could be real

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • True

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

iDaylon

Inkling Cadet
I'm quite skeptical about majority of that information tbh. I'd be surprised if the other amiibos besides the Splatoon ones were compatible but I do see the team deathmatch being a thing though. May 7th will tell however.

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
How I know this is fake: There's no stage based off of Metroid.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
i wouldn't mind the e3/pax demo of turf war so that they can test their network infrastructure and fine tune it for launch. but i am willing to bet they won't.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
100% fake without a doubt. It just wouldn't make sense to dilute a brand new IP by stuffing it full of other Nintendo franchises, especially not that many, or such unrelated ones. DK and Pikmin would not work at all in a game that makes a point of being slick, streetwise and cool. And so much of the stuff written doesn't even make sense given what we know about the game - Extra Hard one-hit-and-you're-dead mode? Did whoever wrote this even know how the Splatoon health system works?

Ignore this and forget about it. None of it will show up in the Direct.

Setnaro X

Full Squid
Sounds way too good to be truth. Some of it sounds believable though, but that's only because whoever wrote this went with a major educational guess. Let me give it a rundown:

amiibo: even more amiibo than the dedicated Splatoon amiibo will be compatible with the game. You can get additional equipment from them. If you touch a Mario amiibo to the Wii U Gamepad, you can unlock a Mario cap.
This seems to be based off how Nintendo's been handling the Amiibos for other games, so it definitely wouldn't be out of the question if they decided to have Splatoon support this feature (Sonic hat plz).

2D Arcade shooter mode revealed: In this mode you can play a 2D shooter game, in which it is your mission to defeat as many enimies as possible in the time limit.
This comes from one of the previews that we saw where, for a split second, we see a clip of such a 2D shooter, but it's never shown how it is accessed, much less if it's even in the game to begin with. Gamexplain did a breakdown where they saw an arcade cabinet in the hub, which may be where we can access the game. As of now, we've yet to see the purpose of the 2D sprites we saw, much less if it's even playable.

A bunch of new stages got shown: There will be set of Super Mario Sunshine based stages like Delfino Plaza, Porto d’Oro or Monte Bianco.
This really falls into the "TOO GOOD TO BE TRUTH" category. Everyone's made jokes about how Splatoon carries similar vibes behind Mario Sunshine, to the point that even Nintendo has acknowledged it, and if it turns out to be truth, it wouldn't be surprising, but I seriously don't think Nintendo would be cool enough to pull it off (I'd love to be wrong though).

Battle Dojo will be also playable online.
Would surprise absolutely nobody.

Team Deathmatch mode announced.
Nintendo has mentioned there are more modes we've yet to see, and a basic team deathmatch wouldn't be completely out of the question, especially since the assets needed for one are all there. Wouldn't be surprising whatsoever if it has one, though I can bet you it won't be called Deathmatch (maybe Squidmatch, or Inkmatch).

campaign will be playable in different difficulty levels. Campaign features 28 levels with a total playtime of around 14h.
Here's where things start to sound like the person who wrote this is starting to guess how the campaign would work. 28 levels do sound reasonable, but something about the number 28 rubs me the wrong way.

if you mastered the campaign on hard difficulty, you’ll unlock Extra Hard mode: One hit, instant death.
I can see this happening. Nintendo has pointed out that they want to do something for the hardcore audience behind Splatoon. This is something I can get behind if this turns out to be an added feature.

Tournament mode announced: In this mode you can participate in monthly tournaments hosted by Nintendo or by other players.
Mario Kart 8 has tournament mode, Smash Bros. soon will, not so shocking if Splatoon had it. Another one of those educational guesses made by the "leaker".

Special promotion announced: If purchase the game on Nintendo eshop before July 31st, you can recieve a free download code for 1 out of 5 possible games.
Nintendo tends to do this every now and then with some of their newly released games. Wouldn't be surprising to see them do that again with Splatoon. It would definitely help make the game be much more notable as a result. Another educated guess.

The development team plans to release additional Downloadable content in the future. Nintendo plans to give us more information in the future.
Like with many other shooters out there, Splatoon's design is way open to the idea of DLC. It wouldn't be at all surprising.

Demo Version will be available on the Wii U eshop shortly after the presentation:
(1 Stage online, 1 stage Batlle Dojo, First Campaign level)

Everyone is begging for a demo. Seems like something the "leaker" put in to get everyone hyped. Chalk up this one in the "TOO GOOD TO BE TRUTH" category. I know the Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 had a demo following their respective Direct, but that was Platinum Games' choice to do it. I've never seen Nintendo themselves release one of their demos following a Direct.

mario123007

Pro Squid
Sounds way too good to be truth. Some of it sounds believable though, but that's only because whoever wrote this went with a major educational guess. Let me give it a rundown:

amiibo: even more amiibo than the dedicated Splatoon amiibo will be compatible with the game. You can get additional equipment from them. If you touch a Mario amiibo to the Wii U Gamepad, you can unlock a Mario cap.
This seems to be based off how Nintendo's been handling the Amiibos for other games, so it definitely wouldn't be out of the question if they decided to have Splatoon support this feature (Sonic hat plz).

2D Arcade shooter mode revealed: In this mode you can play a 2D shooter game, in which it is your mission to defeat as many enimies as possible in the time limit.
This comes from one of the previews that we saw where, for a split second, we see a clip of such a 2D shooter, but it's never shown how it is accessed, much less if it's even in the game to begin with. Gamexplain did a breakdown where they saw an arcade cabinet in the hub, which may be where we can access the game. As of now, we've yet to see the purpose of the 2D sprites we saw, much less if it's even playable.

A bunch of new stages got shown: There will be set of Super Mario Sunshine based stages like Delfino Plaza, Porto d’Oro or Monte Bianco.
This really falls into the "TOO GOOD TO BE TRUTH" category. Everyone's made jokes about how Splatoon carries similar vibes behind Mario Sunshine, to the point that even Nintendo has acknowledged it, and if it turns out to be truth, it wouldn't be surprising, but I seriously don't think Nintendo would be cool enough to pull it off (I'd love to be wrong though).

Battle Dojo will be also playable online.
Would surprise absolutely nobody.

Team Deathmatch mode announced.
Nintendo has mentioned there are more modes we've yet to see, and a basic team deathmatch wouldn't be completely out of the question, especially since the assets needed for one are all there. Wouldn't be surprising whatsoever if it has one, though I can bet you it won't be called Deathmatch (maybe Squidmatch, or Inkmatch).

campaign will be playable in different difficulty levels. Campaign features 28 levels with a total playtime of around 14h.
Here's where things start to sound like the person who wrote this is starting to guess how the campaign would work. 28 levels do sound reasonable, but something about the number 28 rubs me the wrong way.

if you mastered the campaign on hard difficulty, you’ll unlock Extra Hard mode: One hit, instant death.
I can see this happening. Nintendo has pointed out that they want to do something for the hardcore audience behind Splatoon. This is something I can get behind if this turns out to be an added feature.

Tournament mode announced: In this mode you can participate in monthly tournaments hosted by Nintendo or by other players.
Mario Kart 8 has tournament mode, Smash Bros. soon will, not so shocking if Splatoon had it. Another one of those educational guesses made by the "leaker".

Special promotion announced: If purchase the game on Nintendo eshop before July 31st, you can recieve a free download code for 1 out of 5 possible games.
Nintendo tends to do this every now and then with some of their newly released games. Wouldn't be surprising to see them do that again with Splatoon. It would definitely help make the game be much more notable as a result. Another educated guess.

The development team plans to release additional Downloadable content in the future. Nintendo plans to give us more information in the future.
Like with many other shooters out there, Splatoon's design is way open to the idea of DLC. It wouldn't be at all surprising.

Demo Version will be available on the Wii U eshop shortly after the presentation:
(1 Stage online, 1 stage Batlle Dojo, First Campaign level)

Everyone is begging for a demo. Seems like something the "leaker" put in to get everyone hyped. Chalk up this one in the "TOO GOOD TO BE TRUTH" category. I know the Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 had a demo following their respective Direct, but that was Platinum Games' choice to do it. I've never seen Nintendo themselves release one of their demos following a Direct.
Great rundown. So do you believe this leak? Or you think most of the information in this leak are way too obvious?

Gunster25

Pro Squid
I'm actually surprised with the poll results, I expected nearly every person to say that this is fake but it's about 50/50 at the moment.

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
Hm, looks too good to be true.
Is there a source towards this leak?

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
It was posted on 4chan, which is where genuine leaks tend to get posted, but because of that it means a lot of fake stuff gets posted there too.

It's possible that some of this stuff might come up in the Direct, but there's no way this was actually leaked by some cheeky Nintendo employee.

Gunster25

Pro Squid
It was posted on 4chan, which is where genuine leaks tend to get posted, but because of that it means a lot of fake stuff gets posted there too.

It's possible that some of this stuff might come up in the Direct, but there's no way this was actually leaked by some cheeky Nintendo employee.
I won't care if the rest of it is fake as long as the demo is real xD

Setnaro X

Full Squid
Great rundown. So do you believe this leak? Or you think most of the information in this leak are way too obvious?
I want to believe the leak, but like I said, a lot of it seems to derive from educated guesses, so I really can't. I'm sure anyone else could come up with a similar info like this if they thought hard enough about it and pass it off as a leak.

I am down for a lot of the ideas brought up here. I would totally love the idea of dressing up the inklings with items based on other Amiibos you can scan in. Same with DLC stages, a tournament mode, and the deathmatch. And also the one-hit-kill campaign difficulty, thought in hindsight, that may be such a nightmare considering the kinds of weapon we've seen so far along with the massive splash damage it can do.

mario123007

Pro Squid
I want to believe the leak, but like I said, a lot of it seems to derive from educated guesses, so I really can't. I'm sure anyone else could come up with a similar info like this if they thought hard enough about it and pass it off as a leak.

I am down for a lot of the ideas brought up here. I would totally love the idea of dressing up the inklings with items based on other Amiibos you can scan in. Same with DLC stages, a tournament mode, and the deathmatch. And also the one-hit-kill campaign difficulty, thought in hindsight, that may be such a nightmare considering the kinds of weapon we've seen so far along with the massive splash damage it can do.
Yeah, I want surprises in the Direct. At least one thing that surprises us.

grandpappy

You guys made me ink!
NNID
eyeplaybass
If they could just give us a demo, that would be great. Even a demo of a single player level would be ok because then we could at least get a feel for the controls and moving around.

I have low expectations so I'll be pleasantly surprised by anything though.

Also, if there's a team deathmatch mode (which really wouldn't be that surprising) I want them to call it Splatter Fest. :rolleyes:

DakiHero

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DakiHero
Definitely hope they don't stuff it full of other Nintendo franchises from the get go. Maybe further down the line, though even then I'd still be against it. There's so much free design space with this world and characters they've created.

Also demo gimme please, I really hope that is true, just so we can get a feel for the game.

Twilord

Senior Squid
NNID
Twilord
Definitely hope they don't stuff it full of other Nintendo franchises from the get go. Maybe further down the line, though even then I'd still be against it. There's so much free design space with this world and characters they've created.

Also demo gimme please, I really hope that is true, just so we can get a feel for the game.
I'd love for it to have as many stages as Mario Kart (pre-DLC) has tracks for world-building.

If that is the case then I'd be only delighted to see other franchise themed DLC. What is your take?

DakiHero

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DakiHero
I'd love for it to have as many stages as Mario Kart (pre-DLC) has tracks for world-building.

If that is the case then I'd be only delighted to see other franchise themed DLC. What is your take?
Think Nintendo just need to give this game some breathing space to help build it's own identity before cramming it full of other franchises.

grandpappy

You guys made me ink!
NNID
eyeplaybass
Yeah. Stages based on other Nintendo games would feel awkward and forced in this game's environment. They just don't really fit together. There's plenty they can do with what they have. I'd like to see the game flourish on it's own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom