• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon Direct Leak?

Is the 'leak' real or fake?

• Fake

Votes: 26 55.3%
  • Some of it could be real

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • True

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

epicmartin7

Inkling
Nintendo Direct leaks haven't really been proven right at this point. I'm a little sceptical on this leak because Nintendo doesn't seem to be a company to spill DLC plans on day one. Now plans can change at any time, but it just doesn't seem likely of them to do that. Who knows, we'll probably know by tomorrow XD.

Aura

Infiltrator
I'm gonna be that guy and say it's a possibility. Because even from the darkest of places, light can shine. But I'm not holding my breath. Leaks in general should always be shelved but certainly not dismissed. There are things in this leak that are plausible and unless I've missed something, the leak has not been proven false.

But this leak to me is irrelevant because the direct is tomorrow. I hardly believe there's merit in trying to prove this leak false or true. I'm still on board though, and hope some of this is true.

Twilord

Senior Squid
NNID
Twilord
Think Nintendo just need to give this game some breathing space to help build it's own identity before cramming it full of other franchises.
So you don't think that coming later, as DLC, would relegate it enough to the back of players minds?

BluePikmin11

Inkling
This sounds like something Nintendo would do.
I could see this happen, but not exactly what the leak details.

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
Fake! Club Nintendo died so how can they do that bonus for buying Splatoon like they did with MK8? I also doubt that they would have SMS maps unless it is DLC.

DakiHero

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DakiHero
So you don't think that coming later, as DLC, would relegate it enough to the back of players minds?
Maybe after a while they could if it was struggling or they lacked original ideas, but as a new IP I'd rather have it just have a few Easter eggs rather than full on DLC features.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Yeah, I have no doubt a crossover DLC down the line would bring some players back, but in the long term it would hurt the Splatoon brand. Let's let this special little baby forge a path of its own before turning it into a billboard for other series.

Shaggy_MN_1975

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shaggy_MN_1975
I hope the special promotion is not real, cause I already own those five games, haha! Unless Mario Party 10 gets added to that list. :D Interesting set of "leaked" stuff though

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Plays it a little too safe. Deathmatch is way too simple to be a big selling point of the game. Not even the name of the mode just "deathmatch." I can certainly see a mode like it, but where is the new unique mode only Splatoon can provide?

More examples of playing it safe is mentioning the Arcade and amiibo. Of course those are possibilites to show up. Notice how this person doesn't go into much details about what these are for and can do. Like does the arcade give you anything? Does the Mario cap have special stats?

Lastly, as much I would love to see these stages based on these franchises, I'm skeptical of Kirby after things like Nintendoland. I expect something like G&W or Yoshi first to be honest.

It would certainly all be neat to see, though it wouldn't be the most mind blowing direct.

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
Im not going to hold my breath for any of this but I like the sound of getting 3D world free and the 2D shooter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom