Splatoon Direct

thefro

Full Squid
Seems like we're getting everything the game needs, just it will be gradually rolling out over the summer.

No custom matchmaking until August (you can play with friends before that, but teams are randomized).

Setnaro X

Full Squid
So far, Splatoon is coming out just fine. I just hate the fact that so many of the content is locked away and won't be available until a later date. At least it's free. I can't say the same thing about the Amiibos though.

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
Okay that direct made me happy. It will have a legit type of party system and custom lobbies. I can deal with no vc now and be happy.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
Super happy about the direct. Glad to see the matchmaking improved in August (wish it was sooner) but the competitive community can breathe a huge sigh of relief. WE LIVIN BABY!!!
Also ..DEMO HYPE!!
Just need one more piece of info and Splatoon is absolutely golden (how offline tourney setups will happen), but we'll find out soon enough

FatReuniclus

Full Squid
NNID
Sillykola
OH SNAP. DEMO.

>Inkling costumes for Smash Bros.
Welp, there goes any chances of the Inklings appearing as a playable character there.
Uh-huh... I guess Link can't be playable anymore, seeing as he has a Mii costume...

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
It doesn't prove anything really.
Nintendo will highly consider Inklings. This is a new IP that would gain status as high as StarFox, Kirby, DK, and other if they are in Smash. Ok mb not as high a status but it'll definitely give them the publicity they need to get to that level.
It just makes sense for Nintendo to do it. Why would you not advertise their successful new project by putting them in smash.
edit: grammar stuff

Citanul

Senior Squid
NNID
outforprophets
Everything I was concerned about was addressed. Gear perks are random and can be rerolled, meaning us style folks can still get the perks we want (at least eventually). New levels, new modes, more concrete weapon examples, and PLAYABLE DEMO WHAT

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
Waiting until August to have private matches with friends is going to suck. I just want to play Turf War with friends a few times, with them actually on my team too! Not randomized. I don't want that at all. A lot of the direct was pretty good, though I am a little disappointed that there's a lot of RNG when it comes to perks.

Smashington

Senior Squid
Waiting until August to have private matches with friends is going to suck. I just want to play Turf War with friends a few times, with them actually on my team too! Not randomized. I don't want that at all. A lot of the direct was pretty good, though I am a little disappointed that there's a lot of RNG when it comes to perks.
This. I'm worried competitive team on team (or 'clan') battles might not be a thing until the August update.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So overall, hype direct. Splatoon seems to have a nice set of starting content.

I find it odd how they are handling the additional content. Some of it looked finished, and yet they are holding it off? Uhhhh...

I wanted to use the ink brush. : (

I think the kick in the gut was the mii costumes though. Now I feel as though I have to buy the game physically. But I wanted to buy amiibos AND it would be way more convenient to not have to switch disc. Being able to instantly play it after turning on my wii u would be really helpful.

Lastly, Inklings aren't deconfirmed. There is absolutely no evidence what so ever that to support this. There is way more evidence opposing this theory. Like how Mewtwo and Lucas having trophies and yet still becoming dlc characters later on. Or how that it doesn't make sense to not give players options. Like, why COULDN'T someone dress up like an Inkling with their miis and play as the Inklings? There is no argument saying they can't coexist.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
lmao @ the people mad that the private lobbies being withheld till august

just buy the game in august then

Mayana

Full Squid
NNID
wolfxdog
Thought it was interesting to compare the EU and NA directs. The approach to humour was... Oh jeeze. Painful on both ends. : p But I do love puns.

The main differences were that the Splatfests are confirmed to be region-wide events. I believe the first splatfest for EU is Rock v Pop, NA is Dog v Cats, and Japan is Rice v Bread. Haha.
Second was when I realised that towards the end, the EU stream showed Splatoon plates for the New 3DS while the US stream just chatted about the Squid Researchers showing up in their labcoats in-game during the demo; wasn't mentioned in the EU stream at all, but still. Content differences and all that.
Nothing huge, and just quick observations.

Much hype after this.

Teddy

Senior Squid
NNID
EggplantAlloy
lmao @ the people mad that the private lobbies being withheld till august

just buy the game in august then
That doesn't address anyone's actual complaints, the problem is competitive Splatoon is essentially delayed for three months, when it was assumed it would be available day 1 or at least close to release. Some people want to play with their friends right off the bat and not wait till August to buy the game after everyone else has it.

theblackbird

Senior Squid
NNID
ProminenceF
You can play with your friends, just the teams are random.

(Sorry for stoking the flames, but I'm pretty much legit an android about these sorts of things, and it's difficult for me to understand why folks are so riled up. Not in a condescending 'I'm better than you' way, there's a serious mental disconnect that's not letting me get it, I think. But I want to try.)

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
That doesn't address anyone's actual complaints, the problem is competitive Splatoon is essentially delayed for three months, when it was assumed it would be available day 1 or at least close to release. Some people want to play with their friends right off the bat and not wait till August to buy the game after everyone else has it.
I feel it's similar to how Smash 3DS came out and we needed to wait for the Wii U version.
I'd much rather have the game and have time to learn it than I would for Splatoon to get delayed until August.
These next few months will be spent learning the game and its weapons and whatnot and then when August comes around we can really begin playing.
I get the frustration but any kind of competitive splatoon held right after the game comes out would just be people flopping about in unexplored areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom