• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon Direct

iDaylon

Inkling Cadet
Only thing that was disappointing was custom matchmaking unavailable till August. Other than that, the direct addressed my concerns quite nicely. :D

Teddy

Senior Squid
NNID
EggplantAlloy
I feel it's similar to how Smash 3DS came out and we needed to wait for the Wii U version.
I'd much rather have the game and have time to learn it than I would for Splatoon to get delayed until August.
These next few months will be spent learning the game and its weapons and whatnot and then when August comes around we can really begin playing.
I get the frustration but any kind of competitive splatoon held right after the game comes out would just be people flopping about in unexplored areas.
"Buy it in August" still isn't a valid solution. All I'm saying is it's a long wait for a feature that many consider the meat of the game. I will grant you that there isn't much to gain from trying to play competitive on day 1, but it's frustrating that it's not even an option for three months.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
buying the game in august is pointless you still have to acquire gear, weapons, and ranks before you can take advantage of some other features like ranked so they wouldn't be able to rank till they hit level 10 anyway and i am willing to bet people who have played since launch, will outright poop on their dome pieces. play from launch learn the game and get geared up. it will be an inkbath in august when the meat and potatoes are served piping hot!

Teddy

Senior Squid
NNID
EggplantAlloy
i know it wasnt
it was a joke
I don't follow; if the first part of your post was serious then why would you offer a sarcastic solution? Not to derail the thread over semantics, but to me, the second part of your post undermines the first unless they were both meant to be taken seriously.

Just so this isn't totally off topic, I think the Mii Fighter costumes look creepy and offputting. I also don't think it has any particular effect on the Inklings' chances of being added as a DLC character, but I figure their chances are slim to begin with. Spots are limited and Nintendo will likely make cut characters and overdue fan favorites a priority over a brand new IP that has yet to prove its lasting power.

The rest of the Direct was pretty meh. Not a ton of new info that sparks my interest. I'm not really a fan of how many features are being added post release, but the basic day 1 package is still pretty appealing.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The direct is just what I have expected. A quick rundown on the game. I'm especially exited for the August update.

Overall a really good direct. I would say it's better than the Xenoblade Chronicles X one.

DE235

Full Squid
NNID
Decrosis
I got what I expected and can't wait to play tomorrow.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
I think the Mii Fighter costumes look creepy and offputting.
I don't think they're that bad, whoever took the screenshots just went with some really freaky Miis. They shoulda gone with something like this:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom