Splatoon Guild [Carryover from GFAQS]

MangoSurf

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Comtesse
My NNI is urlordandsaviour. I think it's in my side bar but that's okay.

For my two cents, I'd like it if there were a competitive side to the guild. I probably wouldnt take much part in it but the option is always nice!
Now, is there any communications set up. Some kind of VoIP thing or even like an IRC channel where we can talk, get to know one 'nother etc.

Also votes:
Gamers INKED
Tentakillers
Squidbillies
The Splathulhu Mythos
I'm sorry for missing your NNI. I will be adding it to the list in a second.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
So this is where the GameFAQers have gathered. Hello all.

Squink!
Tentakillers
Squid Stikers
Squid Faqtion

Personally, I would've picked GameSPLATs for the name, but Squink is cool. ;)

MangoSurf

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Comtesse
So this is where the GameFAQers have gathered. Hello all.

Squink!
Tentakillers
Squid Stikers
Squid Faqtion

Personally, I would've picked GameSPLATs for the name, but Squink is cool. ;)
A few of them. Welcome Rotom :)

R_Hunter

Senior Squid
NNID
EclipseHunter
Alright ladies, and gents, I have news.

I've looked into Skype, but as well as that, Teamspeak is an option available to us, and seemingly a few other groups here are considering using it. Further, a room is awaiting us, and it would be a good way to communicate with other groups, both in a friendly manner, as well as for organizing matches.

Before I make any commitment however I want to hear from everyone. I intend to thank the team that set everything up of course, but the final decision will only come when we've talked about it.

Obviously this has potential, but there are also legitimate reasons to use Skype as well. I want to hear from everyone though, ideally.

I can provide the link for Teamspeak if we do decide to go that route.

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
Is teamspeak an online thing or something you have to download?

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
Hmmmm Im a bit wary on downloading things since Im just coming off dealing with a virus on my computer. But I'll probably get over that lol

Earthhalite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Earthhalite
I do like the idea of a voice chat system, and i do remember teamspeak being one of the better options back when i use to play WoW, i don't know how much i can use it, my Wii U and my computer are in different rooms. I think i might need to get a bluetooth headset system set up.

Last edited:

MangoSurf

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Comtesse
I do like the idea of a voice chat system, and i do remember teamspeak being one of the better options back when i use to play WoW, i don't know how much i can use it, my Wii U and my computer are in different rooms. I think i might need to get a bluetooth headset system set up.
I would prefer TS too.

ReverendRocky

Inkling
NNID
urlordandsaviour
I have no preference... Teamspeak works well... as long as the linux client isn't too annoying...

As for the IRC, when will the cannel be set up?

Supergamer111

Inkling
NNID
SuperGamerSplat
I'm personally not really big on voice chatting, mainly because I have a crap mic :x But I do have Skype already, lol. I am rather interested in the IRC, though.

R_Hunter

Senior Squid
NNID
EclipseHunter
Alrighty gents and ladies. Let's get started.

Had a project to finish, so forgive this being posted in the quite irresponsible morning. This is the first moment where i've had more then five minutes to myself. :[

The IRC channel is #SBGFSplatguild. Feel free to use it to chat both during guild activity and outside it too. I use Mibbit personally, but if you have a preferred IRC client, feel free. We're over on Foonetic.

Next, the tally. I'll just post the winners this time.

Squink!
Tentakillers (CRUSHED IT)
Squid Strikers
Squid Faqtion

These move on, of course, and we move forward. This time, i'm going to put up group 3 and 4.

===============
Group 3
===============
1. Inkendo vs sphINKx
2. sphINKS vs The JustINK League
3. Splat Pack vs Gamers Ink.
4. Cephalopod Squad vs Inker's Quill

===============
Group 4
===============
1. SquidFAQs vs Kraken Skulls

You know the drill! If there's any issues with the new channel, let me know as soon as possible. Also, i'd like to nail down a group vote on teamspeak, so if you would, along with your name votes, post your vote for it, positive, negative, or neutral. I'm going to check in on Saturday to check in with other guilds, but that in no way means I agree to use it overall, nor that the guild does either.

1. sphINKx
2. The JustINK League
3. Gamers Ink.
4. Cephalopod Squad

1. Kraken Skulls

Earthhalite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Earthhalite
1. Inkendo
2. The JustINK League
3. Gamers Ink
4. Inker's Quill

1. Kraken Skulls :)

As for the teamspeak thing, I'm going with positive.

Last edited:

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
Would you mind linking to the IRC client you guys use? I wouldnt mind using that or the teamspeak but I would like to have safe links to them since Im still wary of most downloads atm.

1. Inkendo
2: The JustINK League
3. Gamers Ink
4: Cephalopod Squad

1. Kraken Skulls

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom