• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon lore: Weapon Manufacturers

ryechu

Inkling
NNID
ryechu
Oh man I love this. Maybe if the presentation a bit cleaned up and categorize all the weapons as they release then this thread would be a cool guide or thread to get stickied.

Curious about the disruptor- the game manual says they are filled with bodily fluids from a certain creature but the brand makes me wonder if it is actually paint thinner or some other extremely dangerous art product instead.
The thing is I didn't want to add too many low quality pictures to the album. Once things like the Rapid blaster pro come out, I'll add that weapon as a representative of its "family" to the album. I didnt have an "promo" image of the rapid blaster family. I forgot to add the disruptor image and the splatter jr, and am looking for the HQ splattershot pro image however.

D_Neon

Inkster Jr.
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
This is seriously impressive work, I love the branding in Splatoon, all the cohesive styles. It's such a good take on 'brand culture' and all that goes into marketing.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
The thing is I didn't want to add too many low quality pictures to the album. Once things like the Rapid blaster pro come out, I'll add that weapon as a representative of its "family" to the album. I didnt have an "promo" image of the rapid blaster family. I forgot to add the disruptor image and the splatter jr, and am looking for the HQ splattershot pro image however.
Didn't we get some pictures from the data mined version of Splatoon? Or were they too small/low quality?

Ber

Full Squid
NNID
Bernee
On a somewhat related note, Squidforce seems to be the sponsor of the ranked matches, the anchor logo (that, to my knowlege, only squidforce shirts sport) appears in the background when ranked matches are selected and now on the rain maker too, their regular logo is on the tower and I'm sure I saw it too somewhere while playing splatzones but not sure where.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
On a somewhat related note, Squidforce seems to be the sponsor of the ranked matches, the anchor logo (that, to my knowlege, only squidforce shirts sport) appears in the background when ranked matches are selected and now on the rain maker too, their regular logo is on the tower and I'm sure I saw it too somewhere while playing splatzones but not sure where.
Different maps have either ads or sponsorship banners as well.

ryechu

Inkling
NNID
ryechu
Squidforce sponsors online battling in general. The main squidforce logo is the icon for regular battles (turf wars) and their anchor motif is the logo for ranked battle.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
SquidForce is also the brand for Splatfest T-shirts. I think it's safe to say they're a driving force for setting up Ink Battles in general.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
SquidForce is also the brand for Splatfest T-shirts. I think it's safe to say they're a driving force for setting up Ink Battles in general.
So they'd be like the NFL or NBA, etc.?

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
While I think they are a part of the organization that runs turf wars, Squidforce is probably just the name for the gear company, since the Regular Battle logo has eyes, unlike the squidforce logo.

ryechu

Inkling
NNID
ryechu
While I think they are a part of the organization that runs turf wars, Squidforce is probably just the name for the gear company, since the Regular Battle logo has eyes, unlike the squidforce logo.
You know those boxes that are added in ranked modes with the grey wallpaper on the sides. They have the squidforce logo repeated (without the eyes). Yeah its safe to say they are like a league, and the gear is just franchise merch.

Phlox

Senior Squid
NNID
PhloxofBirds

I cannot for the life of me figure out what this is. Help please?

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753

I cannot for the life of me figure out what this is. Help please?
The logo is the Deco brand rotated thrice, it has the row of arrows, and the material looks similar to the slosher and Carbon handles. It's definitely "Deco."

Phlox

Senior Squid
NNID
PhloxofBirds
The logo is the Deco brand rotated thrice, it has the row of arrows, and the material looks similar to the slosher and Carbon handles. It's definitely "Deco."
I know it's "Deco", as it's listed under Deco. I just can't figure out what weapon (main, sub, or special) it is.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
I know it's "Deco", as it's listed under Deco. I just can't figure out what weapon (main, sub, or special) it is.
Oh whoops, sorry. That's a seeker, sub weapon.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That's a Seeker? Now that I look at it, yeah, 100%. Never saw one up close though, mostly jumping over them.
You should see the singleplayer version, it's pretty cool too

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
You should see the singleplayer version, it's pretty cool too
I forgot the subs, like the weapons, are slightly altered in single player. I can only remember burst bombs though. Do specials like the inkzooka look different in single player too? I can't remember.

ryechu

Inkling
NNID
ryechu
Edit: Updated

I made an an analysis of all weapon brands shown thus far. The weapons in Splatoon are created by companies distinct from the clothing brands we all know. Each brand has a theme and an aesthetic style,and dictates the naming convention for any alternate sets of their weapons. This includes main, sub and special weapons.
updated. i dont know why it became unembedded and spanish text.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Do include that "Neo" is also the company that does in-universe construction. Since the point sensor has a futuristic look to it, it's safe to assume that it's probably made by them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom