• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon News Update: Announcements and Contests and Demos OH MY!

Welcome squids and kids! We've had a bunch of news coming in from all over and have a lot of things to cover. Let's get down to business to get this news out! Starting off, it seems that Japan will have another chance at a Testfire! This special event will take place from August 3rd through August 9th from 9AM to 10AM (JST). Players won't have access to all of the maps, weapons, and equipment but they will be able to play if they have the demo version installed.

Inkoming Stage: Camp Triggerfish! Lots of pictures and information has been put out for the stage through various official Twitter accounts and the official Splatoon Tumblr. These new maps will be in at the usual times:

– Europe: 4AM
– UK: 3AM
– North America (EDT): 10PM (July 24th)
– North America (PDT): 7PM (July 24th)
– Japan: 11AM

For more pictures and information be sure to check out the official Splatoon Tumblr post.

A rough translation: "A sketch was sent to us by a research lab worker. Seems like an Octoling... hang on, haven't we seen this one already...? Huh? Actually, looks like there's something a little different about it... Ah, aaahh! Aaaahhh!!!"

People are already speculating this may have something to do with Octolings being possibly playab le but there is no confirmation of any kind yet. Let the speculation heat up!

It looks like a special Art Academy contest with a Splatoon theme will be happening soon! From the official announcement on Miiverse:

"Hello everyone! MariChan here. Thank you so much for your outpouring of messages about Mr Iwata. Miiverse and everyone on it held a very special place in his heart, so I know he’d be very happy. Mr Iwata’s passing was an extremely painful time for all of us, but I feel like it’s our duty to carry on making Miiverse a fun and awesome place so we can keep his spirit alive! To that end, we’re planning a Splatoon drawing event. Look forward to more details in an announcement on the Art Academy Events community page on 31 July!"

To keep updated on this contest and all other Splatoon related news be sure to stay tuned to Squidboards! Thanks for reading everyone and be sure to stay fresh!

Comments

snip:camp triggerfish sucks in splat zones because it is unbalanced
I fully agree with this from the 5 games of SZ that I played on it. It would be better IMO if the floodgates were open from the start (they might be already I forget) and it was the flood gate area that was the splat zone. I just really hate that squelchers have a huge advantage since they can rapidly fire from one splat zone to the other one but nearly every other weapon has to use bombs, a flick (roller only, and leaves you vulnerable), or a charge shot (which is by no means bad just they don't have rapid fire which can make covering enough of the opponents zone in ink tedious)

Right now, all I want is playable Octolings. I already have a favorite weapon, the current maps are great- just give me the ability to play as an Octoling and I will die happy. Metaphorically speaking.

:bubbler:

I fully agree with this from the 5 games of SZ that I played on it. It would be better IMO if the floodgates were open from the start (they might be already I forget) and it was the flood gate area that was the splat zone. I just really hate that squelchers have a huge advantage since they can rapidly fire from one splat zone to the other one but nearly every other weapon has to use bombs, a flick (roller only, and leaves you vulnerable), or a charge shot (which is by no means bad just they don't have rapid fire which can make covering enough of the opponents zone in ink tedious)
If you are using the aerospray MG (not RG, cause it sucks for that map), I suggest employing a pushback strategy by pressuring your opponents right out of spawn with seekers and covering their movements with you gun, and it works well alongside tenacity, special charge up, special duration up and special saver as they allow for quick charging and a long duration of your inkzooka, further increasing the pressure you place on your opponent. I was able to get 16 kills and 2 deaths in one very dominant, moderately ranking (b or b+ - I can't remember which because I got from low B to low A in that play session) splat zones match, and it works very well considering the very open spawn points in Camp Triggerfish.

My theory is that there might be another world, male octolings, or playable octolings... Could you imagine being an octoling in the single player? Splatting the kids that aren't squid enough, and boss battles being Agent 3?

My theory is that there might be another world, male octolings, or playable octolings... Could you imagine being an octoling in the single player? Splatting the kids that aren't squid enough, and boss battles being Agent 3?
Well the sequel could have the octolings be an anti hero with maybe a side story where they try and help their kind as their domes destabilize and collapse. That way it would make sense for them to be on good terms with the inklings at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom