Splatoon Stock STOLEN From Nintendo.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
I much prefer physical copies to digital ones. The boxes are awesome, plus I love having a collection of them on my shelf. Plus, the Amiibo bundle. Digital games take up space, too.

Why did you go digital? Because of the discount I'm assuming?
DISCOUNT WHAT WHERE WHEN

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
THIS is why you either A.) Pre-order digitally, or B.) Don't pre-order at all.

Joking aside, why did you guys decide to get the physical copy? Just curious.
Physical games>digital games, you can lend them to friends etc, and it's nice to have a box. But also Wii U's don't have very big memories, and between Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, and The Metroid Prime Trilogy, as well as numerous smaller downloaded games from VC, I don't have the space for a game like Splatoon despite its small filesize

Plus given the amiibo situation I thougt the GAME bundle with all 3 was a must order, and it would've been had the truck not been stolen lmao

Robikku Squid

Just a squid havin' some fun! :3
NNID
RobikkuScratch
This hit me too - had to order the squid from Play Asia...
The guy behind the counter at game was also affected - we both just kinda felt the whole thing was ridiculous.

I prefer physical if I can get it - I don't particularly like options being taken away from us!

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Are you sure this isn't just where you ordered them from? Also.. why is your source just another thread by you? This doesn't seem very credible.
No **** sherlock read my replies
You don't have to be so rude.

ChainALM

Senior Squid
NNID
ChainALM
To anybody here affected by this, I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry.
It's horrible what's after happening.

I really gutted for you, as well as paranoid that my Smyths Toys order could be compromised between now and Friday.

bluekentuckyboy

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
bluekentuckyboy
Wow this was...unexpected to say the least.

Too add to the amiibo craze, gamestop (or at least my location) got so overloaded with pre-orders that the site crashed and lost all pre-order information. Due to this my location closed ALL pre-orders to the amiibo and is selling them to whoever gets to the store first.

Never knew when I first heard of amiibo that they would become THIS out of hand...

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
thats just low stealing a truck for a game and some amiibo? he/she will get caught one day...
Something similar happened to an entire freight of Wii U's back in 2012 (i think?) here at the Seattle airport and I don't believe they ever caught them.

Also the comparison to scalpers fits, but it is worse. They are getting the figures for significantly cheaper then what they will sell them for. So much crime has been attached to amiibos since their launch- Didn't they bust a black market amiibo ring of Store employees taking rare amiibos and selling them illegally? Also didn't someone get stabbed over an amiibo? It's a mad world I guess.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
Are you sure this isn't just where you ordered them from? Also.. why is your source just another thread by you? This doesn't seem very credible.

You don't have to be so rude.
Because I'm the one that got the e-mail, I linked to the other post because I'd written it all nice and news-y and felt since I am the source it's worth linking to. Surely the fact I'm telling you, and others are also telling you, it's happened to us is what makes it credible? Or did I forge the e-mail for no reason? If you read the e-mail it confirms it is where I'm ordering them from

Also I wasn't aiming to be rude, no **** sherlock is just low tier sarcasm to me. I apologise to DAKO if he was offended.

Howl7

Pro Squid
I'm sorry for you guys and for the other GAME customers that will not have their Splatoon copies and the amiibo.
It is really a bad thing.

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
Emailed in to see if instore pre-orders are affected. Hopefully not, but such a shame that this even happened.

Robikku Squid

Just a squid havin' some fun! :3
NNID
RobikkuScratch
Emailed in to see if instore pre-orders are affected. Hopefully not, but such a shame that this even happened.
I checked in person at my local store - the WHOLE special edition stock for GAME UK was taken...all that exists for *any* orders made, period.
Sorry to say it, but like me...you just lost out.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
Because I'm the one that got the e-mail, I linked to the other post because I'd written it all nice and news-y and felt since I am the source it's worth linking to. Surely the fact I'm telling you, and others are also telling you, it's happened to us is what makes it credible? Or did I forge the e-mail for no reason? If you read the e-mail it confirms it is where I'm ordering them from

Also I wasn't aiming to be rude, no **** sherlock is just low tier sarcasm to me. I apologise to DAKO if he was offended.
It takes a lot to offend me, so we're good here.

Lord_Espurr

Inkling
NNID
wheresthetoliet
So how many amiibos were stolen, exactly? If it is all of GAME's stock I can't imagine were the thevies would put them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom