• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon Stock STOLEN From Nintendo.

Treadlight

Inkling
NNID
Excavater9
I can imagine in the near future, the iconic money vault meme will be filled with figurines instead of gold coins. People sure do attach a lot of value to these amiibo.

zoroarkrules25

Inkling
Was surprised by this. it is a good sign that the game is gaining huge popularity though. And not going to lie, I imagine the thieves dressing like squids or octarians as they load everything up and take off.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Was surprised by this. it is a good sign that the game is gaining huge popularity though. And not going to lie, I imagine the thieves dressing like squids or octarians as they load everything up and take off.
I wouldn't say that because ti is the rare amiibo that get nabbed the most and resold. Up front the squid amiibo are more rare since you can only get it in a bundle with the game in the UK, and people knew it. Who knows- maybe they will release the separate package with the squid amiibo in a month or so because of this.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
This is terrible. Amiibos are hard to get, so having you hopes risen then crushed because of some petty thieves is awful. I myself would be sad to get news that I'm not getting my amiibos. I've been waiting so long for them as well. It would be quite crushing.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
So much crime has been attached to amiibos since their launch- Didn't they bust a black market amiibo ring of Store employees taking rare amiibos and selling them illegally? Also didn't someone get stabbed over an amiibo? It's a mad world I guess.
Wait what?
Tell me more.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I'm disappointed that there are people out there who would do such a thing.

mario123007

Pro Squid
you think they stole the truck so they could play every single copy? They're obviously selling it on. I'm not saying MarioTehPlumber did this but I;m just poking fun at the scalper problem.
Speaking of Mariotehplumber, do you know he had made a video about his views of Splatoon? Saying that Splatoon is hentai, and Nintendo sucks? I hate this guy, but I know it won't be him of course. He recently got banned from Smashboards a few months ago. And he is not a classic troll, his viewpoints are real.

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
Jeez, I saw this at work this afternoon and me and my friend were baffled.

Just, what? Is all I really have to say about this.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
It is very unlikely that the lorry was targeted specifically for its amiibo - rather these were some opportunist thieves who saw a vehicle full of goods and went for it. This isn't an example of how bad the amiibo craze has become!
Joking aside, why did you guys decide to get the physical copy? Just curious.
The only way to get the Squid amiibo in EU was to buy the physical special edition bundle, there was no 3-pack like in NA. I told myself I would go digital and wait until after launch to buy the game, but I ended up doing neither because it was the only way I could be sure I would get the amiibo. (Thank goodness I didn't order from GAME...)

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Wait what?
Tell me more.
If I ever find the articles I will link them but I have been searching for an hour and "amiibo crime" "amiibo theft" etc. are only getting me rants about scalpers. I am exhausted lol. Wasn't there also an article about someone who tried to trade their child for an amiibo? That was most likely is satire (I hope.)
Anyways it is is possible they are satire but the thing about the employees taking stock before it hits the floor and reselling them happens all the time especially with the rare and exclusive amiibos. I kinda hope those previously rare amiibos will become more common forcing people who bought them in bulk to cut a loss.

I know there are tentacles in the game, but c'mon
The dude seems to genuinely think that the only reason game companies add playable females is strictly for eye candy and is against it. Weird argument when talking about young squid children.

Aura

Infiltrator
This is just sad, but I expected something like this to happen sooner or later. Splatoon Amiibos are being sought after, and they're pricey- not to mention rare. A man of my station knows the value of a dollar but Hell, least I'll earn it honestly.

Hopefully they're found.

5quid kid

Inkling
I ordered the special edition with squid amiibo at gameseek. And the status is still pre order whereas the standard game pre orders have already been shipped. I hope this stock wasn't stolen as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom