SPLATOON UPDATES AND CONTENT RETURN

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
The last 2 weapons are most likely shooters as they're generally smaller then chargers or rollers. I'm hoping for a point sensor & zooka Jr and a wall and bubble H3. What about al you guys? What do you want the set for the boozler, bucket and brush be? Personally I'm hoping for a burst bomb Rush boozler, something and echo for the bucket and the brush needs to have disruptors or I riot, just stack a bunch of bomb range, tag them from afar and then run in for the kill.
I'd think one of them would be a Splatling since all other weapon types have atleast one new set. Wall + Bubbler H3 would definitely get people to actually use the thing so despite how OP that kit is I'd like to see it on that weapon. I can't really use Bamboozlers or Brushes, but I'd hope they'd get great stuff. I think Burst Bombs on the Brush would be pretty cool, and for the Bamboozler, idk actually, it's kits are already really good.

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
(and avoiding Splatfests)
Actually, Splatfests will undergo a huge change also with the new update!

Splatfest Changes:

• During Splatfests what was previously the Vibe Meter will now display your Splatfest Power.
    • Initial Splatfest Power level depends upon your current Ranked Battle rank.
    • Splatfest Power level will change depending on wins or losses during Splatfest Battles.
    • The player with the highest Splatfest Power on the winning team will receive a slightly larger boost to their Splatfest Power than their teammates after the match.
  • Until now, Splatfest matchmaking favored grouping players with similar play styles. Players will now be more likely to play with those of similar Splatfest Power level.
  • The higher a team’s average Splatfest Power level, the more Splatfest Points they will earn after winning.

That alone would be a reason for me to play the Splatfest (aside from the dire need of sea snails!).

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Actually, Splatfests will undergo a huge change also with the new update!

Splatfest Changes:

• During Splatfests what was previously the Vibe Meter will now display your Splatfest Power.
    • Initial Splatfest Power level depends upon your current Ranked Battle rank.
    • Splatfest Power level will change depending on wins or losses during Splatfest Battles.
    • The player with the highest Splatfest Power on the winning team will receive a slightly larger boost to their Splatfest Power than their teammates after the match.
  • Until now, Splatfest matchmaking favored grouping players with similar play styles. Players will now be more likely to play with those of similar Splatfest Power level.
  • The higher a team’s average Splatfest Power level, the more Splatfest Points they will earn after winning.

That alone would be a reason for me to play the Splatfest (aside from the dire need of sea snails!).
Hopefully it will put the overly skilled players out of reach of the ones that just try to have fun without much worry of getting spawncamped in the first minute of the match :ability_defenseup:

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
Hopefully it will put the overly skilled players out of reach of the ones that just try to have fun without much worry of getting spawncamped in the first minute of the match :ability_defenseup:
You mean by those who use the new Opening Gambit ability? ;)

No seriously, the Splatfest changes could mean exactly what you suggested (although I never recognized this as a problem). But it depends on how much more initial Splatfest power you get for your rank. If the difference isn't too big, anybody with a lower rank could still reach the Splatfest Power level of someone with a higher rank, depending on how long they're already participating in the Splatfest.
Of course, the fact that a higher Splatfest power level also gives you a slightly larger boost makes it even more likely that high rank players will be battling among themselves.
But in the end, it only says "more likely". :)

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
Yes! Splatfest fixes! I literally had a battle once where a single splat charger spawn camped an entire team on camp triggerfish. One guy camped the team.

Really want that fresh squiffer! Going to use the **** out of that thing!

:wst_charge_quick00::wst_charge_quick00::wst_charge_quick00::kraken::kraken::kraken::wst_charge_quick00::kraken::wst_charge_quick00::kraken:

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
That sounds awful! My Splatfest experience was rather balanced, but I'm happy about the changes.

And I'm more excited for the Berry Splattershot Pro, because I like Suction Bomb Rush for certain modes but there was no weapon with a good range equipped with that special before.

But the Fresh Squiffer sounds interesting too!

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Yes! Splatfest fixes! I literally had a battle once where a single splat charger spawn camped an entire team on camp triggerfish. One guy camped the team.

Really want that fresh squiffer! Going to use the **** out of that thing!

:wst_charge_quick00::wst_charge_quick00::wst_charge_quick00::kraken::kraken::kraken::wst_charge_quick00::kraken::wst_charge_quick00::kraken:
Hehe I can't stress how many times I have been that charger

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
Two days? More like half a day. The update comes on March 8th and right now it's already the 8th. I guess 12 hours left or so.

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
Well splatoonwiki mentions at least three new weapons:

Wasabi Splattershot
Berry Splattershot Pro
Fresh Squiffer

You can even see images of the weapons with their subs and specials here.
So at this point, I doubt it's speculation since they already know the names and the sub/special.

Still, there could be more than only three new weapons, so the thing about the Bamboozler could be also true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom