• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

SPLATOON UPDATES AND CONTENT RETURN

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
Why the hell is the splattershot getting another variation

like what the actual ****
I also don't understand this. I mean, sure, it's still only the third version of it since the singleplayer variants have the same sets. But still, I would've preferred to see more N-Zaps, more (Dual) Squelchers and maybe more Splatling variants.

Does anyone know what time this update will drop tomorrow?
I'd also like to now that!

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
@shani @CM2 the splatoon tumblr says that there will be maintenance between 4:50 and 6:30 PM PT. So i'm assuming after 6:30 PM PT.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Well splatoonwiki mentions at least three new weapons:

Wasabi Splattershot
Berry Splattershot Pro
Fresh Squiffer

You can even see images of the weapons with their subs and specials here.
So at this point, I doubt it's speculation since they already know the names and the sub/special.

Still, there could be more than only three new weapons, so the thing about the Bamboozler could be also true.
You seem to be late on retrieving the info we have already confirmed these three weapons days ago as well as a slosher bamboozler and ink rush did you watch the direct. Although like you correctly said only 3 wasabi berry and fresh give us the exact setups although I'm curious either it was an error or planned but EU is getting a different wasabi splattershot instead on NA AND JP having splat bomb and ink strike we get splat bomb and inkzooka. But Ye the bamboozler with burst bomb seems to be speculation thus far

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Does anyone know what time this update will drop tomorrow?
Splatoon of Japan Twitter mentioned something about server maintenance around the time of update like@Leronne said

I also don't understand this. I mean, sure, it's still only the third version of it since the singleplayer variants have the same sets. But still, I would've preferred to see more N-Zaps, more (Dual) Squelchers and maybe more Splatling variants.

I'd also like to now that!
New splattershot because let's face it the setups are crap for them well for a lot of people anyway I'm talking bout the splattershot the tantataek is just an average setup

Somehow I get the feeling that, whatever the rest of Sheldon's Picks are, they'll be datamined by the end of the day tomorrow.
Sits and waits patiently for Nwplayer 123 to datamine and hack these weapons into his game and show them off on her Twitter twitch and YouTube accounts

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
the splatoon tumblr says that there will be maintenance between 4:50 and 6:30 PM PT. So i'm assuming after 6:30 PM PT.
This would mean Wednesday 3:30 AM in Europe but whatever. :) It would still be Tuesday in the US and I'll happily wait until 3:30 AM for the update.
Somehow I get the feeling that, whatever the rest of Sheldon's Picks are, they'll be datamined by the end of the day tomorrow.
Probably!
You seem to be late on retrieving the info we have already confirmed these three weapons days ago as well as a slosher bamboozler and ink rush did you watch the direct. Although like you correctly said only 3 wasabi berry and fresh give us the exact setups although I'm curious either it was an error or planned but EU is getting a different wasabi splattershot instead on NA AND JP having splat bomb and ink strike we get splat bomb and inkzooka.
My bad, I thought Leronne's asked where the info for the Sheldon's Picks weapons came from. So in that regard, you're absolutely right. Also, didn't know that we get a different Wasabi Splattershot, Splatbomb + Inkstrike sounds ridiculous. If you compare it to the Tentatek/Octoshot, why should anyone switch to the Wasabi?
And to be totally honest: Yes, I didn't watch the Direct. I just didn't find the time on Thursday so instead I read up on the Direct content later. ^^
Sits and waits patiently for Nwplayer 123 to datamine and hack these weapons into his game and show them off on her Twitter twitch and YouTube accounts
I thought she was banned from Splatoon? I guess she just made an alt account then. ^^

BTW I actually like the regular Splattershot with Burst Bomb Rush, but I agree that it's not really useful on higher ranks or in fact for any mode aside from TW/SZ.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
This would mean 3:30 AM in Europe but whatever. :) It would still be Tuesday in the US and I'll happily wait until 3:30 AM for the update.
Probably!
My bad, I thought Leronne's asked where the info for the Sheldon's Picks weapons came from. So in that regard, you're absolutely right. Also, didn't know that we get a different Wasabi Splattershot, Splatbomb + Inkstrike sounds ridiculous if you compare it to the Tentatek/Octoshot (BTW I like the regular Splattershot with Burst Bomb Rush, but I agree that it's not so useful on higher ranks and any mode aside from SZ)?
And to be totally honest: Yes, I didn't watch the Direct. I just didn't find the time on Thursday so instead I read up on the Direct content later. ^^
I thought she was banned from Splatoon? I guess she just made an alt account then. ^^
I agree with everything but she got banned I'd heard this briefly but yes she probably made alternate account what do you mean though "banned from Splatoon" do you mean miiverse or literally she can't play Splatoon. If she legit is not able to play Splatoon then Nintendos a bit tight I mean come on she payed for the game

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
At first I couldn't find the info, but then I remembered it was somewhere on NL so I went there and dug it out.
It wasn't just a Miiverse ban (that would be silly, it would achieve nothing) and it also wasn't just a Splatoon ban. It was console ban:

And honestly, I disagree with you. I'm not condemning her, I'm even against calling her a hacker, since all she did was data mine and that's not really hacking.
But what she did surely broke the EULA of Splatoon (or the Wii U), so Nintendo had every right to ban her from their property.
Because let's not forget, no matter if you pay for it or not, your game copy technically is still Nintendo's property and not yours (it's the same with other video games, nothing special to Nintendo). One can find this unfair and oppose it, but it is as it is.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
i doubt europe actually gets a different setup. i think it was just an information error.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
Why are there another two splattershots? We have: :wst_shot_normal00::wst_shot_normal01::wst_shot_normalh::wst_shot_first00::wst_shot_first01::wst_shot_expert00::wst_shot_expert01: We do not need two more.

I want to see sprinkler or ink mine bomb rush just to watch society crumble. :splashwall:+:bombrush: :sprinkler:+:bombrush: :inkmine:+:bombrush:

KayB

Semi-Pro Squid
I can't imagine they'd give the a weapon from the same series the same special. It's probably an inkstrike since the tentatek has an inkzooka already.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
The weapons will all have the same subs and specials for every region, unless the weapons change from time to time. I think this is just a way to give some weapons a third version, but with a fancy name and special update for it.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
At first I couldn't find the info, but then I remembered it was somewhere on NL so I went there and dug it out.
It wasn't just a Miiverse ban (that would be silly, it would achieve nothing) and it also wasn't just a Splatoon ban. It was console ban:

And honestly, I disagree with you. I'm not condemning her, I'm even against calling her a hacker, since all she did was data mine and that's not really hacking.
But what she did surely broke the EULA of Splatoon (or the Wii U), so Nintendo had every right to ban her from their property.
Because let's not forget, no matter if you pay for it or not, your game copy technically is still Nintendo's property and not yours (it's the same with other video games, nothing special to Nintendo). One can find this unfair and oppose it, but it is as it is.
I'm not condemning her

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
Why are there another two splattershots? We have: :wst_shot_normal00::wst_shot_normal01::wst_shot_normalh::wst_shot_first00::wst_shot_first01::wst_shot_expert00::wst_shot_expert01: We do not need two more.

I want to see sprinkler or ink mine bomb rush just to watch society crumble. :splashwall:+:bombrush: :sprinkler:+:bombrush: :inkmine:+:bombrush:
Come on, it's true they all have "Splattershot" in their name, but there is nothing alike between a Jr and a Pro or a regular for instance... If the Sploosh was called "Pocket Splatershot", you would put it there too. The names don't matter! ^^

These rush would be so stupid... Yet I would die from laughter from the Wall and Sprinkler ones. The Mine seems more boring. But that would be fun to watch someone putting all the Mines. Gardener guy or something.

JamKaret

Inkling
NNID
JamKaret
I'm hoping for a new Sploosh-O-Matic :wst_shot_short00:
Every other short range weapon has a type of projectile to close the gap..
I'd like to see the Sploosh with Splat/Suction/Seeker, and Bubbler for sticky situations,
Or Inkzooka, again, for range.

:wst_shot_short00:+:seeker:or:splatbomb:or:suctionbomb:for sub

:bubbler:or:inkzooka: for special

By the way, I'm new to SquidBoards.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
They said popular and underappreciated weapons would be getting new kits, and the Splattershot is easily the most popular of them all so it makes sense that it'd get a new set, even if it probably shouldn't. :L

sammich

Inkling Cadet
I'm hoping for a new Sploosh-O-Matic :wst_shot_short00:
Every other short range weapon has a type of projectile to close the gap..
I'd like to see the Sploosh with Splat/Suction/Seeker, and Bubbler for sticky situations,
Or Inkzooka, again, for range.

:wst_shot_short00:+:seeker:or:splatbomb:or:suctionbomb:for sub

:bubbler:or:inkzooka: for special

By the way, I'm new to SquidBoards.
with sploosh having the shortest range possible bubbler seems like it would be pretty ineffective? though idk, maybe it would work (i'm new to the weapon).

but i think an inkzooka or bomb rush would be pretty cool.

ArcticWolf

Inkster Jr.
NNID
RedGazelle7
They said popular and underappreciated weapons would be getting new kits, and the Splattershot is easily the most popular of them all so it makes sense that it'd get a new set, even if it probably shouldn't. :L
Ah yes they did say popular weapons huh.
So, whose ready for the new E-Liter kit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom