SPLATOON UPDATES AND CONTENT RETURN

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
these buffs are unbelievable. inkstrike and killer wail have less ending lag and are effected by special duration. bomb sniffer doubles as bomb defense. recon working out of spawn and revealing weapons. ink efficiency increase. haunt doubling as a mini comeback. comeback now increases special charge. tenacity building up faster. opening gambit is a bit confusing and last-ditch effort still doesn't seem all that useful. overal, this will be a really great patch.

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
*tries to find anything on new brushes or brush buffs*

I don't see it but when will they buff the range/speed of chargers? =p

Yet really, I'm hoping one day they include rank modes in regular modes. Would relieve some of the pressure rank players bring into Turf War.

Ice-Fisher

Inkling
NNID
Ice-Man
these buffs are unbelievable. inkstrike and killer wail have less ending lag and are effected by special duration. bomb sniffer doubles as bomb defense. recon working out of spawn and revealing weapons. ink efficiency increase. haunt doubling as a mini comeback. comeback now increases special charge. tenacity building up faster. opening gambit is a bit confusing and last-ditch effort still doesn't seem all that useful.
About last ditch effort. it actually does seem pretty useful outside of squads and turf, from my understanding the translation states that it now works continuously when the enemy counter reaches 30 and continuously through overtime, that's extremely useful if you get unlucky with a random team on ranked and need a little extra something to help get the win + it now boost special too which hopefully stacks with the boosted special up your team already gets when you're loosing.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Just accepted that I was out of competitive splatoon.........and it draws me right back in.
all the buffs ar so......so......
Admittedly, I was just about bored as well and started playing for the grafting of gear and suddenly, I have new life. I freaking got 2/3 attack subs on one of the LDE sunglasses... too bad the last slot was run speed :(

I'm still shaking at the fact that you can have constant LDE if your enemy reaches 30 or less.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Admittedly, I was just about bored as well and started playing for the grafting of gear and suddenly, I have new life. I freaking got 2/3 attack subs on one of the LDE sunglasses... too bad the last slot was run speed :(

I'm still shaking at the fact that you can have constant LDE if your enemy reaches 30 or less.
well a few weeks ago I became squadless + college ramped up so been too busy to play, but now that things are slowing down again Nintendo buffs abilities/gear that I love/love the look of but were mostly useless to now being meta changing. I can't say no to that ;A; now I have to find a squad

Def up meta is a thing too, to combat things like eliters burst bombs, but now we're getting bomb sniffer's buff to reduce bomb damage+def up? oh I'm so excited!

Garo

Inkling
Discounting the fact that main and sub weapons won't get any buffs or nerfs, I'm really happy with the upcoming patch.

The weapon set seems to include 8 weapons, with 3 of them being hidden. One looks to be an Inkbrush but I wonder about the other two. Hoping for a Roller with Disruptors/Bubbler and a Sploosh-o-matic with Seekers/whatever.

Ice-Fisher

Inkling
NNID
Ice-Man
"Splat fest Powewr/points" seems like an interesting concept. looks like they did the best they could to balance skill level with the time they had. I guess splat fest will now be a defacto-Ranked turfwar . and it looks like they also divided the rankings so that you can't come in contact with anyone outside your rank letter aside from S which is divided into S and S+ now.

AlsoDededork649

Pro Squid
NNID
DARandall4711
IDK about you, just need my nice old Splatterscope with Burst Bomb and Inkstrike. (Inkstrike because why the f*** not).

Great to see Last-Ditch Effort get buffed. I guess you could say it's a last ditch effort to make Last-Ditch Effort usable.

Zach627

Full Squid
NNID
Zach-MK8
Sorry to seem stupid but none of my friends could answer:
What's like all the updates in a summary
-when's it all coming out

Sorry if it's stupid to ask

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
I just realized... the Vanilla Splattershot Pro is gonna become obsolete now..

Also, JP patch notes: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/agmj/update/index_260.html

A LOT OF STUFF got buff omg.
I wouldn't say totally obsolete. It outranges the Splattershot by quite a lot, for one.

Also, I hope that new Slosher has something really wacky for its set. I think both Sloshers have good sets already, I wonder what they have cooked up for it.

JFL

Senior Squid
NNID
AldricJFL
Like this?!
Yes.

I'd be fine with disruptors instead of burst bombs so that it doesn't have the exact same set as the Neo Splash, plus l want the core gameplay of the Sploosh to remain based on movement and CQC.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
From the link Sol64 posted:
Stage Adjustments:

• Object placement in Regular Battle for the following stages will be changed to match that in Splat Zones.
    • Arowana Mall
    • Moray Towers
Matchmaking and Team Assignment Adjustments:

• Until now, team assignments in Ranked Battle were completely random, but some consideration will now be given to equipped weapons when assigning teams.
  • Ranked Battle Matchmaking will be changed so that players of the following ranks are not matched together.
    • S+ and S
    • S and A+
    • A- and B+
    • B- and C+
    • This change may be subject to further adjustment depending on changes to matchmaking times that occur as a result.
Changes to Rank Points:

• During Ranked Battles, when a team plays at a disadvantage due to unavoidable issues such as teammates being disconnected, and then loses, the winning team’s points will be decreased by an amount proportional to the time they benefited from the above conditions.
  • Does this mean that Moray's stage layout as a whole will no longer be the crappy Turf War version????
  • Consideration for equipped weapons???!! This might balance things out SIGNIFICANTLY.
  • ALSO THIS? I don't really have a comment but this is crazy/cool/what
Along with everything else mentioned in this thread, the coming updates are huge and unexpected. Who would have guessed there would be SO MANY changes and improvements after all this time? We truly are spoiled as Splatoon owners. I love this dev team.

EDIT: NO MORE S+ in S LOBBIES!!! I STAND A CHANCE!!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom