Splatter House

Icky

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lillyfield18
Hope your team dog wins. Team dog won the US splatfest and hopefully your splatfest(PS: I chose team dog)
Awww, dogs lost because we had all the dum kids on our team :( to anyone on Team Planes, I know how you feel and I share your pain. We won 54-46 on popularity, but lost 46-54 on wins/losses. 270-230 was the final score

So has anyone here heard about the motion to ban Saltspray Rig from competitive play? There's a great post by FLC (FiveLeafClover) on why it should be banned because of right-side peeking.

Ale the Squidling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SuperAle
Awww, dogs lost because we had all the dum kids on our team :( to anyone on Team Planes, I know how you feel and I share your pain. We won 54-46 on popularity, but lost 46-54 on wins/losses. 270-230 was the final score

So has anyone here heard about the motion to ban Saltspray Rig from competitive play? There's a great post by FLC (FiveLeafClover) on why it should be banned because of right-side peeking.
That's interesting

Rowanuki

Inkling
NNID
Rowan12

Aww, dogs lost? oh well, can't win them all. you got the snails at least.

And oh really, hmm...I sorta like that stage too. What's right-side peeking?

Rowanuki

Inkling
NNID
Rowan12
hmmmm.....no, I don't think I'm ready yet for tournaments. I still got plenty to work on and I wouldn't wanna be a burden. Being a charger as a burden might be the worst as we're considered the eyes on the team from having to look around everywhere and I'd say my eyes aren't that good yet. Sure I may have gotten some improvement but, I don't think it's enough.

Ale the Squidling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SuperAle
hmmmm.....no, I don't think I'm ready yet for tournaments. I still got plenty to work on and I wouldn't wanna be a burden. Being a charger as a burden might be the worst as we're considered the eyes on the team from having to look around everywhere and I'd say my eyes aren't that good yet. Sure I may have gotten some improvement but, I don't think it's enough.
Okay at least you know about it

Icky

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lillyfield18
Nvm... check the Discord active battling chat
Whoa SHIVERS!!! Dandypanties and his friends beat SND's main team?! Well, except for Wulf (who's either their best or second-best player) but that's amazing!! You rock on Dandypanties, I wonder if Nintendome will put you in the community spotlight next week lol.

Well done. Well done

Ale the Squidling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SuperAle
Whoa SHIVERS!!! Dandypanties and his friends beat SND's main team?! Well, except for Wulf (who's either their best or second-best player) but that's amazing!! You rock on Dandypanties, I wonder if Nintendome will put you in the community spotlight next week lol.

Well done. Well done
Yeah Maude like WTF how you know these ppl

Icky

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lillyfield18
Yeah Maude like WTF how you know these ppl
I think Maude is someone who takes Splatoon very seriously, but honestly I hope that squads like SND, Squid Squad and XLT Gaming aren't getting the good developing players. Money and win-driven squads don't need any more good players, otherwise Splatoon will just get ruined as a competitive sport.

Nothing would frustrate me more than to see squads like them just keep building S+ teams of 4-8 and having huge player depth/reserves just because they have a big name. I do however respect their skills, their contribution to the community and playing ability in Splatoon.

You rock on Maude/DP. I hope you like it here at Splat-Squad along with all of us :)

Icky

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lillyfield18
Hi boiz, I've spent a bit testing out some of the nerfed and buffed weapons out to see how things have changed, and here's my thoughts on the big nerfs:

1. Kraken Nerf is not that big a nerf. You only need an extra 3 seconds of inking to charge it up, the hitbox is wider so it's now impossible to kill close range shooters and inkbrushes who are shooting/slapping at you, but the .75 seconds cooldown only occurs AFTER your Kraken is finished i.e. after you un-transform, you have to wait before you can attack. Over all, a good nerf that is fair but certainly hasn't ruined the Kraken, i believe the Kraken is still useful in the right hands.

2. Inkzooka Nerf once again not that bad - The hitbox for the Inkzooka shots is thinner now (you actually have to hit someone with the tornado for it to kill them), the aiming reticle is better and easier to use (which is a buff for Inkzooka users), but the .9 seconds cooldown occurs WHEN YOU ACTIVATE IT, not after every shot. This means an Inkzooka is a sitting duck if they pull it out in close quarters as they can't fire straight away, they have to wait .9 seconds before they can fire. A solid nerf that removes the biggest dangers of the Inkzooka but keeps it competitively viable, same as the Kraken.

3. Roller Nerfs are not as bad/good as people were hoping! Surprised? The rollers may have had their hitboxes for a one-hit KO decreased from everything in front of them to everything directly in front of their brush, but the hitbox reduction won't stop me or other pros from doing well (because we know how to aim anyways). People will rage, but the rollers are balanced weapons now, and it's better that way.

Icky

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lillyfield18
4. E-liter nerfs are good and balanced - E-liters that don't stack damage ups will need a full charge to kill in one shot. Those who stack 3 x damage ups will need a 65% (roughly) charge to kill an enemy with no defense ups. What this changes is, if you are running 1 x defense up main, an E-liter with 3 x damage ups will need a 77% charge to kill you, if you stack 2 he'll need an 88% charge and if you stack 3 he'll need a 100% charge. It means that Defense Ups are now important for countering E-liters that don't fully charge their shots. A great balancing nerf.

5. Blasters is actually pretty minor nerf - to experienced blaster mains, the nerf doesn't make that much of a difference. Except no more 3 x damage ups and killing with splash damage.

Ale the Squidling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SuperAle
The roller and the blaster nerf is not going to affect me too hard.
I still kill with a roller in one hit and indirect shots from the blaster still kill in two hits.
I saw nothing yet of the splash wall...

Rowanuki

Inkling
NNID
Rowan12
I've been using the e-liter during my mlg run last night I've told about from the bragging thread and I don't really see anything too different. Maybe it was from my shoes having damage up as the main that helped with that?

Icky

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lillyfield18
I've been using the e-liter during my mlg run last night I've told about from the bragging thread and I don't really see anything too different. Maybe it was from my shoes having damage up as the main that helped with that?
It's probably cause not a lot of people use Defense Up, and you generally use full charge shots to kill as I heard when we played together. That's good, it hasn't ruined E-liters, just stopped those guys who use it like a Squiffer

Icky

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lillyfield18
The roller and the blaster nerf is not going to affect me too hard.
I still kill with a roller in one hit and indirect shots from the blaster still kill in two hits.
I saw nothing yet of the splash wall...
Agreed Alè, i was surprised at how little they affected me too.

Here's my thoughts on Splash Wall nerf:

The cooldown (before your ink starts recovering) after you throw one down has been doubled from 1.3 to 2.6 seconds. Put simply, if you throw a splash wall down and try to hide behind it and recover your ink, the enemy can destroy the Wall and then splat you before you can even start recovering ink. A small change that doesn't really affect experienced SW users like me, because i use it to win fire fights which it still works for, not recover ink. The other nerf, making it harder to put them on the tower in TC mode, tbh I didn't notice any difference at all. It was just as easy to put a SW on the tower as it was before the update.

Rowanuki

Inkling
NNID
Rowan12
It's probably cause not a lot of people use Defense Up, and you generally use full charge shots to kill as I heard when we played together. That's good, it hasn't ruined E-liters, just stopped those guys who use it like a Squiffer
yes, I can still keep the e-liter as my main! I do recall getting a few people with non-fully charged shots but it's likely from their lack of defense ups as you said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom