• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[SPOILERS] Unlockable Weapons in Splatoon 2 Revealed!

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
on the topic of the Heavy Splatling, I personally have taken a liking to it in this game. It's almost identical playstyle to the Heavy Splatling Remix (which my gamepad broke before it released, so...) and playing the support role is surprisingly fun. Now, playing with a carpy special and a nerfed sub weapon REALLY ain't too fun. Here's to hoping for a Sprinkler buff in the future. HOPEFULLY just increase the time it takes before it becomes useless, or increase Sub Power Up's effectiveness on it. Right now, Sub Power Up increases the time before the Sprinkler goes into low power mode, but it's effects aren't noticeable at ALL unless you have 3 mains, and even then it isn't worth it at all.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Sprinkler has not really been nerfed, it's been rebalanced with a new purpose just like a few of the weapons and other subs. For the first 6 seconds it spits out ink a lot faster than it does in Splatoon 1, then it slows down to around the same sort of speed as it had in Splatoon 1, then around 12 seconds from the first slow down it goes to super slow speed and you need to throw a new one. Look at the original Sprinkler, for 80% of your ink tank you could throw a sub with infinite ink, constantly covering over an area provided the enemy don't kill it. Combine that with the fact there are plenty of places to put a Sprinkler out of reach of practically every weapon in the game and you had a really cheese way of keeping map control as long as you stayed alive.

Now Sprinkler is there to provide a quick burst of turf in the area it was thrown to, can be used as a quick distraction still and it will carry on contributing to fast special building. These changes have been done in mind to prevent people finding spots on these maps to put them out of reach again for easy infinite inking. Besides, it takes around 18 seconds for it to become flat out useless, how long is the lifespan of your average Sprinkler? It most likely isn't 18 seconds every time, especially when you just want quick turf to take.

Want some final evidence that it isn't nerfed to the ground? Take a look at this image:

That's the Turf coverage you get with it in the first 6 seconds of rapid fire spray. That's basically the maximum amount of turf you'll ever get with it, only having the gaps fill in afterwards and by that point someone will have killed it or you've thrown another one in a different area of the map (that's how I usually utilise Sprinklers). In this new re-purposed form the devs have given us a great inking sub that wants to be moved around as much as possible to capitalise on that inking capability. Yes the ink cost is high, and it might not be the best fit for the Heavy Splatling, but Walls take too long to open and unless Bubble Blower can be easily exploited by the Heavy, I would much rather play this variant due to the crazy ink output which helps keep map control under check. Just my thoughts on it, we'll see how the devs decide to change the Sprinkler in the coming updates should they feel it needs a nerf or buff. I don't know how effective Sub Power Up is, but I don't think it's worth it due to how short the lifespan of Sprinklers usually are, but this change is to stop infinite easy turf for Splat Zones and Turf Wars.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Thanks for the explanation and visual on the new Sprinkler. Frankly I thought it just becomes useless after 7 or so seconds, I had no idea it went through multiple phases. The more ya know.

Luminario

Full Squid
Thanks to the Sprinkler rework, the devs also let them be placed on more out of the way surfaces, like the higher boxes on Port Mackerel.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I felt like Sprinklers weren't really powerful nor very weak in the previous game. It was basically a stealthy and safe way of gaining ground and charging your special. You cannot quickly ink along with your sprinkler because you'll only have 20% ink left.

I think the nerf is to discourage people from tossing it against moving platforms and practically ink half the map with it, which is understandable. The days of it being a distraction and a funny way to splat someone are now gone, sadly.

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
Besides, it takes around 18 seconds for it to become flat out useless, how long is the lifespan of your average Sprinkler? It most likely isn't 18 seconds every time, especially when you just want quick turf to take.

Want some final evidence that it isn't nerfed to the ground? Take a look at this image:

That's the Turf coverage you get with it in the first 6 seconds of rapid fire spray. That's basically the maximum amount of turf you'll ever get with it,
I hadn't thought of it like that. While I still don't really think the Sprinkler is all that amazing; this new perspective on it, plus the recent balance patch giving me hope for a inevitable Stingray buff, I feel like I might be able to really enjoy this kit eventually.

Perhaps I ought to give the Vanilla Heavy Splatling a second chance.

the

Inkling Commander
R

RandomSquid

Does anyone have the actual post content? The 37 thousand safety things my parents set on my phone won't let me view it.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Does anyone have the actual post content? The 37 thousand safety things my parents set on my phone won't let me view it.
Here you go.

We received an urgent notification from Grizzco Industries:

“Due to…uh….tentacle difficulties, the weapons for the Salmon Run shift that starts Friday, September 15th at 5PM PT will be unknown until you clock in. And also, one of my personal belongings was accidentally mixed in to the weapon pool. If you happen to come across it, don’t even think about stealing it or go blabbing to the media about it. Failure to comply is grounds for immediate termination.

Luminario

Full Squid
Here's the image too.

I wonder which weapon it is. I want the Grizzco charger but I'm guessing they'll start with a shooter.

the

Inkling Commander
Have any grizzco weaps/models other than the brella been leaked? I assumed "my personal belonging got mixed in with the weapons" meant the brella.... But other grizz weaps could be cool too

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It might be all three/four grizzco weapons in one rotation?
NVM the splaton tumblr post only says one, so quite unlikely.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Odd... we don't have the full Grizzco weapons in the weapon leaks so far. I guess they're not added to the vs. modes' weapons pools, possibly at all. We still have a lot of unreleased weapons in the queue--42 by my count--enough for another 10 months at 1/week. Maybe the Grizzco weapons will be added to the pool then. I don't think they'll require Salmon Run to unlock, they've been really good about only granting cosmetic options from methods outside the shops and SplatNet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom