• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

[SPOILERS] Unlockable Weapons in Splatoon 2 Revealed!

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
IT'S TIME TO GET MORE HYPE. Even more new weapons have been revealed by based Lean. This time, we're seeing a special focus on the two brand new weapon classes, Dualies and Brellas.

First, we have the alt kit for the previously revealed Gloogas-- the Glooga Dualies Deco, which will come with the Splat Bombs and Ink Armor. Rip everything. Interestingly, these were previously going to have the Splash Wall and Baller. Wonder what caused the change?

Now for something totally new! The Dark Tetra Dualies, a special pair of dualies which are capable of dodge rolling four consecutive times! Their stats are 50 range (Splattershot level), 22 damage (Dualie Squelchers level), and 90 mobility (Dapple Dualies level), which seems like a strong combination. They come with the Autobombs and Splashdown.
"The Dark Tetra Dualies feature four ink-ejecting nozzles that allow you to execute up to four dodge rolls in a row! Crazy, right?! With double the dodge rolls, you'll be able to zip around stages with ease and roll your way to victory. Sniff out sneaky enemies with the Autobomb sub weapon, then zip in with a roll and lay the splat down! With the Splashdown special, this is a set for squidkids who like to get up close and personal!" ~Sheldon's Dialogue

Going along with these are their counterpart, the Light Tetra Dualies. We're going full Splatoon Prime 2: Echoes up in here. Now we just need the Annihilator Tetra Dualies. Also Tentatek is apparently so cool they get to make two weapons. Anyway, the kit for these is more turf-focused, being the Sprinkler and Splat-Bomb Launcher.
"The Light Tetra Dualies have the same specs as the dark ones, but they come in a set geared toward turf inkage! Toss out a Sprinkler to ink the area around your team while you dodge roll your way to the front lines! Once you're up there, support your allies with the Splat-Bomb Launcher and push the enemy back into their base! This set's just the thing for those who value mobility but also want to cover the world in ink!" ~Sheldon's Dialogue

For Brella info, no pics were shown, but the "Dynamo Brella" from before is now known to have Point Sensors and the Bubble Blower, and its alternate kit is Splash Wall and Ink Armor. There is also a mini brella in the works which will likely have less protection in exchange for more speed. Its default kit is Ink Mines and Splashdown, and its alternate kit is Splat Bomb and Baller.

Edit: NWPlayer123 has released an image of "Brella_Compact". Doesn't look too much smaller than a standard brella.
Edit 2: Made the image smaller so it doesn't take up such a ridiculous amount of space ;p

Also, quick updates to this thread in general. I'm adding "[SPOILERS]" to the title due to the nature of the thread, and I'm also changing the link in the OP to instead link to Lean's data sheet, as that is nicer-looking and has much more content than the one it currently links to. Plus most of the recent info has come from Lean anyway, so it only seems right.

So... how hype is this?

Last edited:

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
IT'S TIME TO GET MORE HYPE. Even more new weapons have been revealed by based Lean. This time, we're seeing a special focus on the two brand new weapon classes, Dualies and Brellas.

First, we have the alt kit for the previously revealed Gloogas-- the Glooga Dualies Deco, which will come with the Splat Bombs and Ink Armor. Rip everything. Interestingly, these were previously going to have the Splash Wall and Baller. Wonder what caused the change?

Now for something totally new! The Dark Tetra Dualies, a special pair of dualies which are capable of dodge rolling four consecutive times! Their stats are 50 range (Splattershot level), 22 damage (Dualie Squelchers level), and 90 mobility (Dapple Dualies level), which seems like a strong combination. They come with the Autobombs and Splashdown.
"The Dark Tetra Dualies feature four ink-ejecting nozzles that allow you to execute up to four dodge rolls in a row! Crazy, right?! With double the dodge rolls, you'll be able to zip around stages with ease and roll your way to victory. Sniff out sneaky enemies with the Autobomb sub weapon, then zip in with a roll and lay the splat down! With the Splashdown special, this is a set for squidkids who like to get up close and personal!" ~Sheldon's Dialogue

Going along with these are their counterpart, the Light Tetra Dualies. We're going full Splatoon Prime 2: Echoes up in here. Now we just need the Annihilator Tetra Dualies. Also Tentatek is apparently so cool they get to make two weapons. Anyway, the kit for these is more turf-focused, being the Sprinkler and Splat-Bomb Launcher.
"The Light Tetra Dualies have the same specs as the dark ones, but they come in a set geared toward turf inkage! Toss out a Sprinkler to ink the area around your team while you dodge roll your way to the front lines! Once you're up there, support your allies with the Splat-Bomb Launcher and push the enemy back into their base! This set's just the thing for those who value mobility but also want to cover the world in ink!" ~Sheldon's Dialogue

For Brella info, no pics were shown, but the "Dynamo Brella" from before is now known to have Point Sensors and the Bubble Blower, and its alternate kit is Splash Wall and Ink Armor. There is also a mini brella in the works which will likely have less protection in exchange for more speed. Its default kit is Ink Mines and Splashdown, and its alternate kit is Splat Bomb and Baller.

Also, quick updates to this thread in general. I'm adding "[SPOILERS]" to the title due to the nature of the thread, and I'm also changing the link in the OP to instead link to Lean's data sheet, as that is nicer-looking and has much more content than the one it currently links to. Plus most of the recent info has come from Lean anyway, so it only seems right.

So... how hype is this?
I'm not going to use those dualies, but they look so rad. The weapon designs in this game are amazing.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
This is ridiculously hype, I can't wait to mess around with those dualies when they come out. Which is hopefully NOT in a year, or so. ;p
We need 1 or 2 more brushes, another splatling, and another slosher now. I get Dualies are the next big thing, and it's great that theyre making so many, but I seriously hope Sloshers, Brushes, and Splatlings don't get left out in the cold, as we have no data on any new versions of those as of now.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Ooh! I just saw the compact brella. Im gonna refer to it as the Carbon Brella until we get a name for it cos the carbon roller is known as Roller_Compact in the files as well. ;p
I was really hoping for a cute little parasol like this:

But this brella looks like an umbrella used for the rain. Maybe you can hold it up to defend from Tenta Missiles, Ink Storm, and just general attacks from higher ground? that would sure be nice.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
This is ridiculously hype, I can't wait to mess around with those dualies when they come out. Which is hopefully NOT in a year, or so. ;p
We need 1 or 2 more brushes, another splatling, and another slosher now. I get Dualies are the next big thing, and it's great that theyre making so many, but I seriously hope Sloshers, Brushes, and Splatlings don't get left out in the cold, as we have no data on any new versions of those as of now.
This. Dualies are still technically shooters in my mind, and that class is ballooning. I want more variety on the battlefield.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
This. Dualies are still technically shooters in my mind, and that class is ballooning. I want more variety on the battlefield.
Splattlefield* FTFY
and yeah, i sorta consider Dualies off-shooters as well, and I get that this is...you know, a shooter, but one of the best things about Splatoon is that you can use a brush, a massive paint roller, a bucket, a god damn gatling gun, and an umbrella in a shooter. And it would be a massive shame if shooters began to snuff out all the alternate classes of weapons. :c

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
That's now 5 different types of Dualies, with variants. That's more than any other class of weapon except for shooters and chargers (eventually). That's crazy.
The only way to fix the clash blaster is to make it a dualie, too. I'm serious.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771

Edit: NWPlayer123 has released an image of "Brella_Compact". Doesn't look too much smaller than a standard brella.
Edit 2: Made the image smaller so it doesn't take up such a ridiculous amount of space ;p

So... how hype is this?
Jeez, that crazy... being able to roll up to four times in a row? That sounds really good, and the kits aren't to bad either... I'm looking forward to this they seem pretty good on paper.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288

Brella_Wide or as i referred to it earlier in this thread, the Dynamo Brella. It's seriously unfinished, but now we got a better idea as to what it looks like at least.

image dump over! for now, until things start leaking again.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Those dark tetra dualies seem terrifying on paper. . .

Range of a splattershot, with the power to 3hko, can dodge roll at the speed of dapple dualies AND can roll 4 times?

And I didn't even mention it's subs and special lol.

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
The Tetra Duallies sound really strong, the kits seem pretty decent as well.

(I'd rather have new Splatlings tho)

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
So what's the downside of the Tetra dualies? I'm not seeing it so far, and no weapon in this game boosts an attribute without sacrificing something else.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@Dessgeega We know the range(in between splat dooly and doolysquelcher),

mobility(it has a sheldon vaue of 90, vs the dapple's 80 and splat 'n' dual S.'s 70. But this may just be factoring in the 2 extra rolls and NOT the speed of the rolls: dapple may still have the fastest rolls)

damage(same as the splatdooly and dual S., so 4hko)

and the quad roll thing for the tetra dualies.

So we don't know ink consumption, fire rate, etc. (there are more, dur, but these two are the big ones, imo)

P-Kong

Full Squid
@Dessgeega
I imagine the rolls are shorter, making them slower doesn't sound right.
And they will possibly consume much more ink, from the weapon's looks the fire rate shouldn't be slow too.
Maybe it is half as strong but shoots twice as fast or has lower accuracy (probably not).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom