• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

SQ Art of the Month Contest [October] - Inktober Celebration!

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Squidboards Presents a New Community Contest!:

In celebration of Inktober, we're kicking off a brand new project for all you talented squids out there. If you're an artist or aspire to be one, this is for you!

Art of the Month is a monthly Squidboards community contest in which you submit your original Splatoon artwork based on the theme selected for that month. After the month is over, we'll select a winning submission, which will be featured on our homepage and social media!

October 2017
This Month's Theme: Halloween / Fall

For this month's contest, create an original piece of Splatoon artwork that has elements of the spookiness of Halloween and/or some Autumn vibes. Stay fresh!

DEADLINE: OCTOBER 31ST -- 11:59PM EST

How to Enter:

1) Create an original piece of Splatoon fanart.
Make sure, somewhere on the piece, you write "SQ AotM" (don't include the quotation marks, but you won't be DQ'd if you do!) so we know it's definitely an entry for this contest and not something you've made previously. Make sure to include your name/signature, too!

2) Post the image in this thread.
Feel free to include your social media, where you can find more of your work, or anything else that you'd like to include that's relevant to your work, you as an artist, or the contest.​

Once you've done those two things, you're good to go! Remember, you can only submit ONE piece of artwork per contest. Additional entries will not be considered.

How is the winner decided?

The Squidboards staff will consider the following factors when deciding the winning artwork:

-Creativity
-Quality
-Uniqueness
-Likes on the image's post in this thread
-Usage of the contest theme

We might also select runner-ups, so don't fret if you aren't a winner!

What kind of art is eligible?

Since it's Inktober -- Any kind of illustration, painting, mosaic, calligraphy, drawing, graphic art, sketch, prints, and art of that nature.

What kind of art is ineligible?

Memes. Definitely memes. And any artwork that isn't entirely, 100% made by you.

---​

Feel free to use this thread to also discuss the artwork posted, as well! We encourage you all, artists and otherwise, to engage and connect with one another. Meet some new artists, find new art you love, and talk about your work or someone else's! This is as much a contest as it is a place to connect and socialize, too.

With that, start submitting your art! Good luck to all those who enter!

Last edited:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Ohh, this sounds interesting. I'll definitely give this a try!

R

RandomSquid

I might try to do something... actually that's a bad idea. There are people here who wouldn't want me posting my art. It's not safe.

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
Sad no one posted here....or everyone is doing the whole, I'm-gonna-post-at-the-last-minute ordeal....

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
my favorite piece :D
If you're submitting for the contest, make sure you write SQ AotM in your artwork.
I would suggest it being similar to your signature design so people can easily detect you're the actual artist.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I have a burning yet unfortunate question:

Am i the only one who legit joined? Roxy didn't title SQ AotM on her drawing, sooo... did anyone else join in outside of this thread?

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
I have a burning yet unfortunate question:

Am i the only one who legit joined? Roxy didn't title SQ AotM on her drawing, sooo... did anyone else join in outside of this thread?
Technically you were the only one that followed the rules, so you are the only entrant yes, which makes you this month's winner. We'll be following up on this soon.

miiiiyuuu

Inkling
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-0363-3436-1912
This looks interesting, i'm a artist but i think ill wait until i get a drawing tablet,but this will end when i get one for Christmas :confused: So i guess i wont be joining..But ill be up to see the amazing art on this contest!..

Ember-Wisp

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
IceCrystalEmber
Switch Friend Code
SW-6109-1903-3315
Can we do an art contest for December that's holiday themed?

kragling neon2

Inkling
Pronouns
Nathan
Squidboards Presents a New Community Contest!:

In celebration of Inktober, we're kicking off a brand new project for all you talented squids out there. If you're an artist or aspire to be one, this is for you!

Art of the Month is a monthly Squidboards community contest in which you submit your original Splatoon artwork based on the theme selected for that month. After the month is over, we'll select a winning submission, which will be featured on our homepage and social media!

October 2017
This Month's Theme: Halloween / Fall

For this month's contest, create an original piece of Splatoon artwork that has elements of the spookiness of Halloween and/or some Autumn vibes. Stay fresh!

DEADLINE: OCTOBER 31ST -- 11:59PM EST

How to Enter:

1) Create an original piece of Splatoon fanart.

Make sure, somewhere on the piece, you write "SQ AotM" (don't include the quotation marks, but you won't be DQ'd if you do!) so we know it's definitely an entry for this contest and not something you've made previously. Make sure to include your name/signature, too!

2) Post the image in this thread.
Feel free to include your social media, where you can find more of your work, or anything else that you'd like to include that's relevant to your work, you as an artist, or the contest.​

Once you've done those two things, you're good to go! Remember, you can only submit ONE piece of artwork per contest. Additional entries will not be considered.

How is the winner decided?

The Squidboards staff will consider the following factors when deciding the winning artwork:

-Creativity
-Quality
-Uniqueness
-Likes on the image's post in this thread
-Usage of the contest theme

We might also select runner-ups, so don't fret if you aren't a winner!

What kind of art is eligible?

Since it's Inktober -- Any kind of illustration, painting, mosaic, calligraphy, drawing, graphic art, sketch, prints, and art of that nature.

What kind of art is ineligible?

Memes. Definitely memes. And any artwork that isn't entirely, 100% made by you.

---​

Feel free to use this thread to also discuss the artwork posted, as well! We encourage you all, artists and otherwise, to engage and connect with one another. Meet some new artists, find new art you love, and talk about your work or someone else's! This is as much a contest as it is a place to connect and socialize, too.

With that, start submitting your art! Good luck to all those who enter!
Is hand drawn allowed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom