Squid Digs (Clothing Aesthetic Vs. Function)

What Do You Care More About If You Had To Choose

• Style

Votes: 36 73.5%
  • Perks

Votes: 13 26.5%

• Total voters

KniteLyfe

Full Squid
NNID
KniteLyfe
I'm not really sure. It depends on how much the perks affect competitive play.

Also, Kat, your new title is... Interesting, to say the least. ;)

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
If he has no style, he has no grace.

I want to use that outfit you get from the green squid amiibo. It looks incredible. I've played a lot of TF2, so I'll probably change my outfit up from time to time just to enjoy how my character looks. I would be really bummed out if an outfit I like doesn't give bonuses to how I want to play, but if I'm not in a competitive match, it's probably not going to bother me too much. If I have to have an outfit purely for stats, then I'll most likely do it, but it still need to be stylish.

Nin☆Jun

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Dantel
I'll probably go for two sets of clothing, one to wear, one I can take to Ranked Mode while looking stylish.

I'll proably focus a bit more on it's perks though.

Citanul

Senior Squid
NNID
outforprophets
Honestly, I preordered the girl Inkling just so I could look classy with her blazer so I gotta vote style. I hope that stats don't confer a big advantage because I'd really hate to be stuck with perks that I don't like on stylish clothes or great perks on clown clothes.

No offense to clowns, of course!

I'd love a Transmogrification system from WoW or other RPGs that let you keep the look of an item but use the stats of another. I actually don't think that's likely because that defeats the ability for players to "read" the gameplay intent of other players. That is, if a top hat gave great sniper perks for some reason, anybody that I see with that top hat might want to snipe more so I could play more careful/stealthy against them.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Style goes for miles
As in I'm 100% going to make sure I look fantastic and worry about stats later, chances are the effects will be negligible anyways and I'll work whatever buffs/debuffs i receive from my clothes into my playstyle

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
Style, obviously. If stats end being a big deal I will just stop playing the game then.

This is also a cute game about customization, not Call of Duty.
I think you got the priorities in this game wrong...

Im gonna find a balance. Ill find good stats and some clothing that I like.

BioSplat

Inkling
NNID
GraveEclipse567
It depends really. Ill probably end up making 2 different Inklings, cause I like my customization a lot.
I might do the same, but I'll probably end up mainly sticking to one, depending if I really like the perks or the look.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I think you got the priorities in this game wrong...

Im gonna find a balance. Ill find good stats and some clothing that I like.
Good thing you don't get to decide what my priorities are. Plus, I am not the one who is planning to go for stats in a game with emphasis on customization.

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
Good thing you don't get to decide what my priorities are. Plus, I am not the one who is planning to go for stats in a game with emphasis on customization.
:confused::p Alright, alright. Do what you want, the way you play the game wont bother me in the slightest. Ill be trying to do both, between getting a good balance of clothing and my stats.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
It depends really. Ill probably end up making 2 different Inklings, cause I like my customization a lot.
Can you make more than one Inkling? If you can I'm totally going to have more than one! :D

Well said. Preach it.

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
Can you make more than one Inkling? If you can I'm totally going to have more than one! :D

Well said. Preach it.
Im thinking its one per NNID. I have 2, my main is PizzaDeliveryKid and my secondary is SuperMii3D. Not sure why I choose that first one as my main, but not much can be done now....

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
I see I am in the minority here, for now. Haha...perks regardless will always weigh in more favorable in anything competitive to me personally (min max ftl.) I will go all casual mode in the Central Hub so I can just look fly as fuh!

Teeples

Full Squid
NNID
Flow_Teeples
I say style now but when the time comes I'll go with perks since my competitive nature.

Prays for Japanese school girl outfit to have good perks /weeb

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
To make this post appropriate here: I am going to try and balance the two. I can imagine finding some perk I reallly like on, say, some shirt and then using that as a base to make a good style hehe. Though if that DOESN'T happen I think appearance will have some more weight...I tend to do only one thing too much if I focus on bonuses and the like.

Anyway, where is everyone getting this 14 years old to control their form thing though? I have seen it more than once but where did it come from?

Citanul

Senior Squid
NNID
outforprophets
I'm actually pleasantly surprised Style is as heavily favored as it is. I would've thought perks win out in a shooter, even though Splatoon looks more casual than your typical hardcore FPS game.

Gunster25

Pro Squid
I think that style Is much more important than perks, It allows a player to express their feelings and playstyle just through clothing. Perks Is a plus but the best part of customizable clothing is the style

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom