• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squid Digs (Clothing Aesthetic Vs. Function)

What Do You Care More About If You Had To Choose

• Style

Votes: 36 73.5%
  • Perks

Votes: 13 26.5%

• Total voters

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Perks all the time. Unless that one piece is so ugly that I will never wear it.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
It'd be hilarious if all the good quirks were on ugly gear so when you're online you can tell the bonus lovers and the fashonistas apart because those who dress for quirks are probably gonna have poorly matching outfits

Anyway, I wanna look the best, so I'll take whatever perks I get with my gear and work my style around them, pretty soon they won't even feel like theyre there.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
Style all the way. Perks are nice but not nearly as important for my character to look amazing. Before I even knew that the gameplay was going to be fun, I loved the amount of different and unique costumes that were available.

edit: I already know my guy is going to have headphones. *points down to sig*

Just A. Hunch

Inkster Jr.
The thing about the perks in Splatoon is that at least some of them directly affect gameplay. By which I mean, for example, having a larger tank of ink. I know I will want to prioritize something like that before I have enough gear to go for looks and by the time I have good gear to go for looks I will probably screw myself over running out of ink before I feel I should. I will admit that this is the only game where I might put myself in that position if I find something I like enough. By I would REALLY have to like it.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
i'm not one to believe in form over function. min/maxing and optimizing my loadout are going to be more important to me than my appearance, i think. although as a tf2 player who's been spoiled by all the cosmetics in that game this kind of hurts me a little, lmao. i wish that perks weren't assigned to clothes and were just... perks that you can select when creating your loadout, like how most games do it

if perks have barely any added benefit, i'll probably go with what looks better, though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom