• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squid Parties: Yay or Nay?

KrackHead

Inkling
Squid Parties ruin the game. Period. I bought the game to play and enjoy the game the way it was intended. I don't get a whole lot of time to play the game and I use it as a way to destress from the day and wind down. So when someone ruins a match by AFKing, Squid Partying or some other randomness, it tends to piss me off. I want to be able to enjoy the game, not be irritated by those who want to ruin it.

Luckily, it does not happen nearly as much in ranked as it does in turf wars, BUT I usually play turf wars after having a salty experience in ranked and I need or want a break . . . .

Makeshift

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rosesarered14
Squid parties are a 'meh' for me. It's fine in Turf Wars at the beginning of battle and maybe a little bit here and there as a "Good job!" or "Hello!", but way too often I run into squid partiers that hardly help at all and if I approach the other teammate, I get attacked by squid partiers on the other team. It's fine once in awhile, but don't be jerks and make your team do all the work.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
Personally, I don't like squid parties even with randoms in turf war. It's annoying when I want to play the game normally especially when I don't have that much time to play. My main problems are:
  • Everyone gangs up on me for inking up turf even when i'm not trying to sabotage the party.
  • My teammates disconnecting when the enemy side is playing seriously.
  • People doing it in ranked for some apparent reason.
I'd rather only do in private battles with friends because I actually know them and we can switch from ZL ZL ZL to actually fighting. It gets boring fast imo.

WoomyWa

Inkling
I’m 50/50 on them although I witnessed a few during the tortoise vs hare splatfest

Fabrunette

Full Squid
NNID
Fabrunette
Switch Friend Code
SW-8140-7460-1544
I don't mind them at all. It's great fun and it helps making new friends too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom