• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Squidbagging Opinions

Daxxie

Senior Squid
NNID
Dax
Switch Friend Code
SW-3813-3439-7790
Normally I wont do it unless someone does it to me, or unless I sneak up on a brush user and splat them as a sorta revenge for the annoyance they cause me.

What about you guys? Do you do it? What's your opinion of it and those who do it?

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
there was 1 turf war match awhile ago..i never had such bad match in turf war ever..they were literally at our base killing us over and over again,at some point i splatted 1 and i octobagged this person before i chased a sniper and splatted this 1 as well celebrating it with octobagging too,i did got splatted but i really didn't care,i don't regret it since it was a unfair match to begin with but it felt so good splatting 2 of them so i rubbed it into their faces -.-

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
I was pretty darn sure I've seen an entire topic about it - but failed to find it - so I'll write my current stance on seabaggers.

It's rude.
It wastes time that could be used to push forward.
People who seabag me (pretty rare for some reason) might possibly do it as a sign of "I finally got you, you stupid sniper!", so I don't feel too strongly about it.
...or maybe they seabag me because they know I can't aim. (again, r00d)

... but at any rate, I will make sure to target them extra rough if they're on my turf team, and b00li my friends. Nobody b00lies my friends, except me.

Ikalula

Inkling
Whilst I’m new to the game, I’ve noticed squidbagging is a problem.

I agree that it serves no purpose other than to be rude. The game gives you an option to celebrate a kill or an achievement without having to stop to harass the opponent after killing them, whilst also serving to hinder your team. Take out one person but squidbag to celebrate effectively puts the disadvantaged team back on equal playing field temporarily.

It also serves to tilt the player on the receiving end and, in effect, the entire team. So in a way I view it as a method to gain an unfair advantage over the other team.

All in all, just booyah. Simple celebration of your achievement without having to harass other players.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I don't do it. It's just a waste of time. I kill, I move on, there's no time to waste on such trivial things. If I do something worth any fanfare, like wiping 3 people, a simple Booyah! will suffice.

It gives much much satisfaction when I see somebody squidbag only to be taken out immediately because their negligence.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
As Gameboy224 said, it's a waste of time and technically reportable. Though people who do it excessively are almost always unpleasant, to put it politely. Just make note of the troublemakers, report if you feel so inclined, and move on.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
taunting happens in many games though..idk who of you people are familiar with the smash games? but there they actually have a button to taunt other players,and i get it,it can be annoying at times even i got squidbagged at times for no reason at all,but reporting people because they like to taunt? that goes a little to far if you ask me >~> i would just squidbag the person back if they squidbagged me.

Ikalula

Inkling
taunting happens in many games though..idk who of you people are familiar with the smash games? but there they actually have a button to taunt other players
Wouldn’t Booyah’ing technically count as a taunt though? Whilst people might not see the text displayed, surely the death-cam would show the animation of the player’s squid/Octo celebrating? Idk, though. Taunts in Smash aren’t nearly as annoying as Squidbagging, the noise produced from the action is rather aggravating.

Daxxie

Senior Squid
NNID
Dax
Switch Friend Code
SW-3813-3439-7790
Wouldn’t Booyah’ing technically count as a taunt though? Whilst people might not see the text displayed, surely the death-cam would show the animation of the player’s squid/Octo celebrating? Idk, though. Taunts in Smash aren’t nearly as annoying as Squidbagging, the noise produced from the action is rather aggravating.
As far as I know the animations are only visible to your team.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
The difference is, Booyah! is just a cheer, a fist waving in the air. Squidbagging is derived from teabagging in FPS's, and is an obscene gesture.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Don't do it unless it's for revenge, or if I killed someone's who's just been camping the entire game. It's annoying when it happens to you but it's not really a big deal, if you get genuinely angered by it, honestly just grow up. It's more childish to be offended by it than it is to do it.
Going out of your way to report someone for something so silly is just petty. Basically all I have to say on it

Yeroc8

Inkling
I just ignore it for the most part. It's harmless if you don't be bothered by it. I almost never do it myself, I don't want people to think I'm being rude. If I want to celebrate a kill I'll shout out a Booyah! to my teammates instead.
There was one time though where someone did it every single kill they got on my teammates too. I sniped them repeatedly and squidbagged their entire respawn time. Don't mess with my teammates!!!

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Taunts in Smash aren’t nearly as annoying as Squidbagging, the noise produced from the action is rather aggravating.
This reminded me of a glitch in Smash 64 that lets you taunt as you slide towards a ledge, then the edge cancels out the taunt animation allowing you to taunt again. Basically if you get yourself onto a thin platform you can dash back and forth taunting at alarming rates, and it's the funniest thing I've seen on the N64 outside of Superman 64.

As for squidbagging, sure it's annoying but if it gets done to you then it's really just the opponent wasting time they could be using to help their push. I usually only do it in Salmon Run after the final wave is done as sort of a "Congratulations, and well done.".

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
I squid party only when at least 2 people on both teams do

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
The real debate should be what term to use next for squidbagging now that octos are playable lol.

I really don't care about it either way. It's a taunt, people in online games like to taunt, it happens. If Nintendo wants to block it, they could've easily done so. It's a bit discouraging to happen to you when you get bodied for the game but if you get really mad at that then it's better to just stop playing for a while.
The only meaningful thing i have to say on the matter is that nothing's more hilarious if somebody squidbags me after i slammed them for the entirely of the game. That stuff's flattery at it's finest.

superlativeb

Inkster Jr.
I think its rather endearing , I quite like a little bagging in my life . best weapon in the game . squidbag ftw . no squid parties tho , your mom gey

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Someone was going to point out that it's reportable. Whether we like it or not doesn't change the facts. Personally I think it's a waste of time these days like the activity itself.

To expand on my own opinion, it's mostly just amusing these days. My reactions come down to "well this person got peeved", a lot of time it reflects more on their own salt, flattery as Elecmaw said. Considering there's at least one chronic bagger in the thread, my comments about unpleasantness stand too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom