• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Squidbagging Opinions

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I recently learned a fun little trick when it comes to handling people who like to bag. If you suspect someone of bagging, do so when you kill them. Very slightly, only press the button 2 or 3 times and then never again for the rest of the match. That's enough. What does this accomplish? So very frequently, I've found that if that same person kills you after you've done this that they'll waste the full 5 seconds of the killcam heavily bagging you and not actually doing anything. This has won games when it's happened repeatedly! A fun little way to turn someone else's bad habit to your advantage.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
I recently learned a fun little trick when it comes to handling people who like to bag. If you suspect someone of bagging, do so when you kill them. Very slightly, only press the button 2 or 3 times and then never again for the rest of the match. That's enough. What does this accomplish? So very frequently, I've found that if that same person kills you after you've done this that they'll waste the full 5 seconds of the killcam heavily bagging you and not actually doing anything. This has won games when it's happened repeatedly! A fun little way to turn someone else's bad habit to your advantage.

Thanks for this epic tip, I’ll be using this in my ranked games to keep rekting those squidbaggers:cool:

Squidness

Inkling
Used to be very against it, then I stopped caring and now I do it too. Not extensively, just one or two flops, and usually if I've just been coming head to head with one other player over and over again.

But I also sometimes just do it when I do something cool in a game. That doesn't happen often though. :x

DJ Particle

Senior Squid
NNID
DJParticle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0728-9987-8856
I'm against it simply because of the roots of where it comes from (teabagging in other games), what that act means IRL (which I will NOT get into here), and the fact that it's done to other toons without the players' consent.

SmokyWreck

A captain of the darkness.
I personally think it's a dissadvantage more then anything, people tend to think we look at our death cam, but me personally as soon as I die; I look at the map to plan my next action. Focussing on where I should go and adjusting as I see the map get inked and where my team is situated. Plus, squidbagging is loud, it alert your ennemies of where you are and while you get your high off you are vulnerable to getting splatted. It also mean you let your emotions get the best of you, that result in the player being blinded and take irrational decision that can cost the game. Plus, I don't see how someone entering their ink loudly and repeatedly is anything worth attention.

However, everytime one of theses taunting squids and octos get on my teams once, they tend to soften up and try to party with me. I gotta admit if I get constantly wrecked by someone but when I'm on their team, they booyah my everything and look out for me, I'd also soften up to them. I also tedn to get into parties or silent trust with theses taunters that soften up. They are great guys once you show yourself to be friendly. Too bad they let their feelings get the best of them, I'm sure they'd all be wonderful players. (It's also very sad when you see S+ players that squidbags... As a rank X, it just hurt my soul.)

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
I only squidbag in Salmon Run after a tough wave, and I think it's perfectly fine there, as it's done at a point when you'll be basically idle.

The worst thing I've seen was a squid party between two people from opposing teams during a match where the other team pinned us down.

I Honestly see no problems with Squidbagging/Seabagging/Octobagging. . .

why is it so frowned upon?

Not even Halo Players get this salty whenever they get T-Bagged/Tea-Bagged in those games. . .

Last edited:

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
I Honestly see no problems with Squidbagging/Seabagging. . .

why is it so frowned upon?

Not even Halo Players get this salty whenever they get T-Bagged/Tea-Bagged in those games. . .
The biggest problem is if a match devolves into a squid party, and you're playing ranked. I don't like it when that happens, because I'd rather actually play the game rather than hope that I'm on the team that fixed the match to win.

I Still say people are severely overreacting whenever someone is Squidbagging/Seabagging/Octobagging;

Seriously; getting someone's account BANNED just for Flopping around is just Petty & Way more punishment than what is absolutely necessary

Ironically; THAT makes the people who ban them for Squidbagging come across as Sore Losers; who just be salty because they lost; and feel like making them suffer for something that's significantly inconsequential!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom