• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squidboards Monthly Rankings

Static

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kevinjamesfan65
Love the time and effort put into this by BTM, but we might need to polish this system a little.

On a side note... I think the bigger issue is people don't read the thread post and just look at the rankings. Being that they don't understand that this isn't a power rankings list but rather an elo/geko/mmr/ect. system.

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
Made an update, finally finished ranking all tournaments August - November. Will be in the process of adding the rankings for December and the eventual Season 0 once the December events finish!

I decided to separate the Japanese and Non-Japanese teams rankings because of how dominant they were and how much they affected the placement of teams. It should be noted, however, that the score calculations are not affected by this. All I simply did was omit the Japanese teams to show the non-Japanese team rankings.

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
Appreciate your dedication to this, it's pretty cool of you tbh

alexdsw3

Inkling
NNID
alexdsw3
Since Celestial Squids has changed to Team Infinity, for the next power rankings can you merge our current stats from Celestial Squids and the new stats for tournaments we enter under Team Infinity? Thanks c:

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
So, another impromptu update. Did something thinking concerning the impact of the Japanese teams on the rankings. Decided to see what would change if the Japanese teams had no factor at all in the calculations of the rankings. Since some interesting placements got switched around, I've decided to show them.

I am not going to use these as the official rankings since it should be fair to consider Japanese teams' impact on the rankings as they have attended tournaments listed in the Squidboards thread. However, because they have only competed in the Inkstorm series and have generally done so well to drastically change placements as much as 10 rankings, they will not be featured in the Overall thread unless they decide to participate in other Squidboards events other than Inkstorm.

Added a December rankings, will be updated as tournaments happen. Right now the rankings may look a bit wonky compared to the placements of SCL 7. Just remember that this is a new rating period, so it changes the matchups and such drastically. As more tournaments are done throughout December, it'll become more stabilized.

Last edited:

alexdsw3

Inkling
NNID
alexdsw3
Also Team Infinity Splatoon and Team Infinity are the same team, we just had to use Team Infinity Splatoon on challonge because Team Infinity was already taken (just an fyi for future tournaments).

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
Hey guys, December rankings are updated! Soon i will be updating with the Overall, and soon to be Season 0 rankings!

shudder

Senior Squid
Whoops wrong thread, sorry! I was checking the rankings so we could sign up as a sub team for the scrubby squid tourney

Last edited:

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
You don't need to sign up to appear on the rankings. It's just that "Season 0" is going to encompass August-December rankings and will be used for an upcoming league. Other than that, feel free to join any upcoming events.

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
Alright, made a HUGE update to the rankings in terms of format. Added the mid-January rankings as well as changing the overall look of the rankings as a whole.

Last edited:

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
Yes. They will have their own rankings, but the results will also be recorded here as well.

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
Just to let people know, the last event to be entered for the rankings will be @GoldWatson 's Inkredible Tournament.

Also, to let people know, January results will not factor into the seeding of Leagues Under the Ink. The placements have already been decided.

nils57

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mightyhunter007
Squidcepticons underwent a Name change. We are no longer called Squidcepticons but Extermination. Please change it in the ranking, please!

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
Rankings have been updated for the entirety of January!

One thing I've added formatting-wise is greying out teams that have confirmed to be defunct. Please let me know if you see a team on that list that should be defunct. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom