• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Super Sea Snails: how will we get them?

teamdelibird

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
teamdelibird
This is what a lack of information and a desperation for a system to be the way you want looks like. That combined with a lack of understanding of how the full ordering system worked caused many of you to practically convince yourselves you could duplicate gear and came up with excuses for it. It's a good thing none of you were in charge of developing this game.

The line you can't handle the truth fits so well here. I tell you the cold hard facts and you deny it because the truth, the reality hurts. It feels better to pretend you can have whatever you want without any actual effort. To even consider dealing with RNG is such a terrible thought you'll deny it until reality hits you in the face. It doesn't matter what you think of Splatoon's gear system. It's here to stay whether you like it or not.

The best part? I've known full well ordering gear doesn't copy its abilities for weeks. I've known there is no way around the RNG of the ability upgrade/re-rolling system. This is nothing new. Welcome to the real world.
What the hell is your problem?

We didn't "convince ourselves" of anything except what we had some evidence for. It seemed like it would be cool if it worked that way, and we had reason to believe it did. You gave no evidence for what you were saying and you were a prick about it- and still continue to be. If you've known for weeks, why didn't you say that and prove it somehow, instead of scoffing at us like we're idiots and being a gigantic prick? I don't have the game so I can't really say I know how it works. Pretty sure that's true for everyone else here too. Could you just leave or something? You're toxic.

Honestly, I'm pretty "meh" about this news. It's a bummer, but it's not like I'm not used to grinds- like I said, I've farmed quest rewards for over 25 hours in other games. The only thing I "can't handle" here is how much of a miserable wretch you are being.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
This is what a lack of information and a desperation for a system to be the way you want looks like. That combined with a lack of understanding of how the full ordering system worked caused many of you to practically convince yourselves you could duplicate gear and came up with excuses for it. It's a good thing none of you were in charge of developing this game.

The line you can't handle the truth fits so well here. I tell you the cold hard facts and you deny it because the truth, the reality hurts. It feels better to pretend you can have whatever you want without any actual effort. To even consider dealing with RNG is such a terrible thought you'll deny it until reality hits you in the face. It doesn't matter what you think of Splatoon's gear system. It's here to stay whether you like it or not.

The best part? I've known full well ordering gear doesn't copy its abilities for weeks. I've known there is no way around the RNG of the ability upgrade/re-rolling system. This is nothing new. Welcome to the real world.
You must be a lot of fun at parties.

But really, a lot of what we know about the abilities and gear is vague and confusing especially if you weren't following it or actively trying to figure it out. Several of us mentioned we didn't know for sure and we also asked you for some evidence like the other guy provided. As this clearly shows (And how many of us from Smashboards know) "leaks," misinformation, and misunderstandings are common so it is easier to be less skeptical with actual screenshots from said game.

Also rubbing it into their face by acting really smug isn't going to net you many friends, bud. You were right, true, but they weren't purposefully trying to be wrong you know.

I do however agree that its here to stay whether people like it or not so there is no sense for them to mope around and complain about it, but hey- its a forum so they have to find the something to discus I suppose..

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Glad to see their are alternatives besides Super sea snails.

To be honest, getting that kind of money sounds easy. Especially just getting it naturally through playing the game.

We will have to see though of course. It isn't even like a main thing either since the buffs are so small, so that can always be a side project type deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom