• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Tag

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
What's your favorite weapon/piece of gear in all of Splatoon and why?
Who's your main in Smash Bros., and why do you like them?
If you could make a pizza right now, what kind of pizza would you make and what would you put on it?
1. The N-Zaps. The NES was the first console I had growing up (along with a Sega Genesis) so I'm fond of all the retro games. I'd probably say the '89 is my favorite, not only because I like its loadout the most, but because I still have the orange Zapper from when I was a kid with nothing better to do than hunt ducks!
2. Hands down, the answer is Ness. He first became my favorite character in 2009 on Brawl, and a year or two later when I first got serious about competitive Smash, he became my main. Since then he became my main in Project M, where I became one of the strongest players in my university's region, and he's still my main in Smash 4. It's kinda hard for me to think about having another main now because it's been 7 years...Ness is practically a part of me now. Plus, you know, EarthBound is my favorite game, so there's that little bonus.
3. Just gimme a supreme pizza--pepperoni, ham, sausage, black olives, mushrooms, and green peppers, then throw some black pepper, crushed red pepper, garlic powder and Italian herbs on top. Can't do better than that.

EDIT: @DualQuelcher I would say Gatorade in that case. Powerade is nasty

Jade

Inkling
NNID
jrhodabio
  1. Adorably delicious or deliciously adorable?
  2. Who put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp?
  3. Care to dance?
I made a reply then accidentally clicked away the page. >_>

1. Deliciously adorable. I like cute stuff, but not necessarily in my food. I used to volunteer at the Prospect Park Zoo, and I really loved playing with and feeding snacks to the petting zoo animals, especially the newborn lamb, Agnes. Years later, when I was eating dinner with my family, I had a lamb shiv and couldn't stop thinking about Agnes. Deliciously adorable just reminds about Koufuku Grafitti, a very cute anime about cooking.

2. Thwomp and Whomp.

3. Not much of a dancer, but I enjoy it from time to time.

I'll tag @SyMag @DualQuelcher and @Msv_Aran.

1.Punk Rock?
2.Anime?
3.Favorite Earthbound memory?
4.Favorite part-time work memory? And is four questions cheating?

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234

1. Deliciously adorable. I like cute stuff, but not necessarily in my food. I used to volunteer at the Prospect Park Zoo, and I really loved playing with and feeding snacks to the petting zoo animals, especially the newborn lamb, Agnes. Years later, when I was eating dinner with my family, I had a lamb shiv and couldn't stop thinking about Agnes. Deliciously adorable just reminds about Koufuku Grafitti, a very cute anime about cooking.

2. Thwomp and Whomp.

1.Punk Rock?
2.Anime?
1. Meh.
2. I've seen Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon up to the Unova region and others like Gatchaman and RWBY if that counts.
3. Figuring out Ness was Sans. I know that doesn't technically count but thwt means some of my favorite games are connected and that makes me happy.
4. No not really, but stick to 3. Also, I've only been doing one job, and that's filing.

ilysm

Inkling
@SyMag Yooooooo! *fist bump* I knew something was up when I saw that username! I hope you don't mind a new member crashing your group—Smash is my jam.

You've triggered my long story function; ooops. Funnily enough, I used to dual-main Ness and Lucas in every game I played. I picked them initially because I love their game series so much. They're the characters I first started my foray into competitive Smash with in Project M. But as I started buckling down and investing my time in getting better, I realized that my game plan wasn't clicking with them, or they weren't with me, or something. I'd hit a wall, I wasn't getting any better, and I wasn't learning anything new about the game or applying what I thought I had learned very well. After a lot of soul-searching and watching tons of Fly Amanita videos (which are still my main influence in terms of playstyle), I slowly made the switch to (you probably guessed it from the avatar) Ice Climbers, in both Melee and Project M. I was thinking about the game in a completely different way and I grew rapidly as a player because of it. They're so weird and cute and creative and insanely fun and I've been having a blast with them. Funnily enough, though, I'm hot garbage at Wobbling and all their other infinites. I try to focus on a solid neutral and their more escapable, mixup-oriented punishes. I guess Fly's a bad influence on me lol. I used to keep Ness and Lucas in the pocket as secondaries, but lately I've come to realize that I just kinda suck with them and it would take some serious adjustment to get better with them. And since I'm so happy where I'm at, why bother?

I still play Ness and Lucas in both Brawl and Smash 4 because those are completely different animals to Melee and Project M, but I pretty much never play those games seriously. Not because I don't like them (I love them both a lot), but because at my core I'm a die-hard Project M player with some semi-serious Melee on the side because my Project M fundamentals carry over a little bit. I play Brawl and Smash 4 casually though! They're definitely really fun.

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
NNID
chaser1234
@SyMag Yooooooo! *fist bump* I knew something was up when I saw that username! I hope you don't mind a new member crashing your group—Smash is my jam.

You've triggered my long story function; ooops. Funnily enough, I used to dual-main Ness and Lucas in every game I played. I picked them initially because I love their game series so much. They're the characters I first started my foray into competitive Smash with in Project M. But as I started buckling down and investing my time in getting better, I realized that my game plan wasn't clicking with them, or they weren't with me, or something. I'd hit a wall, I wasn't getting any better, and I wasn't learning anything new about the game or applying what I thought I had learned very well. After a lot of soul-searching and watching tons of Fly Amanita videos (which are still my main influence in terms of playstyle), I slowly made the switch to (you probably guessed it from the avatar) Ice Climbers, in both Melee and Project M. I was thinking about the game in a completely different way and I grew rapidly as a player because of it. They're so weird and cute and creative and insanely fun and I've been having a blast with them. Funnily enough, though, I'm hot garbage at Wobbling and all their other infinites. I try to focus on a solid neutral and their more escapable, mixup-oriented punishes. I guess Fly's a bad influence on me lol. I used to keep Ness and Lucas in the pocket as secondaries, but lately I've come to realize that I just kinda suck with them and it would take some serious adjustment to get better with them. And since I'm so happy where I'm at, why bother?

I still play Ness and Lucas in both Brawl and Smash 4 because those are completely different animals to Melee and Project M, but I pretty much never play those games seriously. Not because I don't like them (I love them both a lot), but because at my core I'm a die-hard Project M player with some semi-serious Melee on the side because my Project M fundamentals carry over a little bit. I play Brawl and Smash 4 casually though! They're definitely really fun.
Yay another Smash Bros player! Go here if you want to join something:
http://squidboards.com/groups/posts...8&comment_type=post&team_id=1206&post_id=5290

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda

FINALLY someone I can fangasm over Project M with! I admittedly haven't played it much since Sm4sh came out, but I'm thinking about bringing it back out of retirement!

Don't apologize for crashing my group, any Smash player is welcome!

woomycheri

Inkster Jr.
NNID
cheridesu
oh boy i've been tagged

1.What video games are your favourite?
I'm really all across the board in terms of games! My favorite game of all time is probably Project M; it and its community hold a special place in my heart. Melee is somewhere up there. Both of those are technically fighting games (competitive free-for-all platformer beat-em-ups?), but I don't really get into any fighting games other than that. I love the MOTHER series to death (Project M's only competition for my favorite game), and those are RPGs. I like Psychonauts and Grim Fandango, which are """adventure games""". I used to really like TF2, which is a shooter. I used to love Portal, which is a weird different shooter. I currently love Splatoon, which is a different kind of weird different shooter. So I 'unno! I play whatever I like.

2. What types of music artist (dead or alive) do you admire the most?

Man, this is another tricky one because I don't have a specific favorite genre; I just listen to whatever grabs me. I love pretty much everything 10,000 Maniacs did when Natalie Merchant sang for them, because her voice is incredible and the lyrics were mad cool. Queen is spectacular. I've caught the Hamilton bug, so I'm pleb trash or something, but w/e, it's really cool. I've started to get more into rap, but I embarrassingly don't know enough about it to know what groups I like. I love the the word play and density and phenomenal intensity rap evokes, though, so I'm into it. I'm not really a music person in general, I guess.

3. What is the Youtube that you watch the most?

Damn, all these questions are questions I don't have a great answer to. Nowadays I mostly use Youtube to catch up on VODs from Smash tournaments (usually PM and Melee). In my TF2 days I used to watch a ton of STAR_ and Jerma, they cracked me up. Anyone got any good, accessible Splatoon Youtubers to recommend to me?

Okay, now I need to do my own tag thing. Forgive me if I goof it up, I'm new here and I don't really know anybody. Thanks for the tag @Legit-Yite, this was fun! And I appreciate the invitation into a neato conversation. ^_^

What's your favorite weapon/piece of gear in all of Splatoon and why?
Who's your main in Smash Bros., and why do you like them?
If you could make a pizza right now, what kind of pizza would you make and what would you put on it?

@Aori
@DualQuelcher
@woomycheri
and anybody else!
1. Right now it's the splat roller and gold aero because jumping at people with a roller is hilarious and the gold aero has rapid firing
2. Zero Suit Samus when I used to play. I dunno xD
3. A cheese pizza with spinach and mushrooms. owo

No questions again because laptop is being laggy

Jaden Yang

Inkling
NNID
ethankyang
Everythings been liked :D! Balance has been restored, also someone had a question way up about what kind of stage you would make for Splatoon, do one with the sponges from story mode! It's the only element that hasn't been put in an actual stage (besides invisible platforms but no).
@SyMag, @Babycowland, @Jaden Yang because I haven't done this in a while and now's probably a good time:
1. Brawl or Melee (Smash)
2. Melee or Project M (Smash) (It's on my mind now)
3. Red Bull or Monster
VS catagories are all I can come up with right now but hey at least I'm doing this. I mean I haven't done this since what, page 15?
1.Melee (Brawl was Sorta Stupid)
2.Project M XD i was on that game 24-7
3.Depends on what I feel like, I don;t drink energy drinks often but majority rules so I'll say red bull

Jaden Yang

Inkling
NNID
ethankyang
  1. I don't know! I've always wanted to take one but don't need glasses, unfortunately (I bet they'd look great on me).
  2. At least 8. 9 if you count the combined dining/living room as two. 11 if you count the upstairs landing and downstairs, uh, entry corridor.
  3. I've got several in the 300~500 hour range and none really go far beyond that. I think that Splatoon actually takes the peak position, perhaps at around 600 hours, but I haven't checked in a while. Most embarrassing one? Pokémon Shuffle, just over 490 hours, was never quite my record holder but is, I think, second only to Sploon.
@Jaden Yang @FlyingInk @SurrealSquid
  1. Favourite fictional ape (or just one that you particularly like)?
  2. Favourite fictional teacher/mentor/similar (or just one that you particularly like)?
  3. Favourite non-fiction book (or just one that you particularly like)?
1.Donkey Kong, KIng Kong is good, but I enjoy playing DK more.
2.Mrs. Nelson lel I loved that book as a kid owo
3.I don't really enjoy non-fiction, I'm more of a fiction guy, than, I'd choose Captain Underpants (I don't like books much at all anymore, so just one as a kid).

Jaden Yang

Inkling
NNID
ethankyang
1: Night owl
2: That brown-yellow-green
3: YEEESSSSSS

@Splatfan 222 @SilverBlue-Neko @Jaden Yang

1: What's your favorite thing to draw with?
2: Callie or Marie?
3: Favorite food?
XD I haven't been on this chat for a while
1. I love those premium colored pencils that you buy at art stores.
2.Marie!
3.For some reason I have great interest in Korean food IDK why though.

Jaden Yang

Inkling
NNID
ethankyang
I first want to remark that your post is #198,641 (in its URL) and your member number is 19,868. I find that really cool.
  1. Hair grows faster in warm weather!
  2. Probably Flounder Heights. Love the prevalence of walls and freedom of movement.
  3. Christmas, because it feels Christmassy... and because I like presents.
@Jaden Yang @Aori @DualQuelcher
  1. Are your clothes drawers/cupboards/whatever neat?
  2. What time do you usually set your alarm to, if you use one at all?
  3. Just from the pictures, if you don't know the games - which is your favourite Pikmin? (Red, yellow, blue, purple, white, rock or winged?)

1.Yes I organize every day :)
2.7:30 a.m
3.I've played Pikmin 3 and found the white one the most useful

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Okay, this is hard XD

1. Whats your favorite drink (Water is Fine too owo)
2. If You had one change you can make in the world what would it be?
3. Sushi or Pizza?
@Ansible @G1ng3rGar1 @Aori
1. White grape juice (then water, maybe)
2. What?
More open minded people (because this world is a mess)
3. Pizza (sorry sushi), but that would depend on the kind of pizza. If it's plain then sushi.

@SilverBlue-Neko @Glacei @Smashling79

1. Favorite day of the week
2. Do you like the beach or the boardwalk?
3. Rain or snow?

Last edited:

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
1. Whats your favorite drink (Water is Fine too owo)
2. If You had one change you can make in the world what would it be?
3. Sushi or Pizza?
@Ansible @G1ng3rGar1 @Aori
1. Pepsi
2. I simply want Disneyland to have cheaper tickets. That's the only change-
3. Can I please say both....

I'm very sorry I cant think of any questions. I'll send some as freebies after a bit. I just got up.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
1. White grape juice (then water, maybe)
2. What?
More open minded people (because this world is a mess)
3. Pizza (sorry sushi), but that would depend on the kind of pizza. If it's plain then sushi.

@SilverBlue-Neko @Glacei @Smashling79

1. Favorite day of the week
2. Do you like the beach or the boardwalk?
3. Rain or snow?
So I'm here since I got tagged in a notification........let's see now.

Favorite day of the week? Friday of course! (Inserts Rebecca Black's Friday song)
Definitely the beach. I like the feeling of hot sand underneath my feet.
Rain or snow.......probably rain. I live in Canada and snow can be quite bad up here. Stalling cars, slipping on ice, it sucks.

I'll tag @DualQuelcher.

1. If you play pokemon go, what team are you on?
2. What is your favorite animal?
3.What is your favorite season?

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
NNID
chaser1234
So I'm here since I got tagged in a notification........let's see now.

Favorite day of the week? Friday of course! (Inserts Rebecca Black's Friday song)
Definitely the beach. I like the feeling of hot sand underneath my feet.
Rain or snow.......probably rain. I live in Canada and snow can be quite bad up here. Stalling cars, slipping on ice, it sucks.

I'll tag @DualQuelcher.

1. If you play pokemon go, what team are you on?
2. What is your favorite animal?
3.What is your favorite season?
1. I'm on Valor because I believe in what she said more. Pokemon are kindhearted creatures that have great potential and strength within them.
2. Dog
3. Winter, but I live in Florida so...

Msv_Aran.

Senior Squid
NNID
punkboy56

2. Thwomp and Whomp.

1.Punk Rock?
2.Anime?
Ive been tagged. Im it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom