• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Tag

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
It's been a few days since someone posted here. There are eleven guests viewing the thread at the moment, getting lots of information about many random people.

@Marigi174 @Cuttleshock @Maave
1. What does your favorite shirt look like?
2. Are you left handed, right handed, or ambidextrous?
3. Describe your favorite sandwich. (If it has to be a question... maybe "What are your favorite foods to have in a sandwich?")

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
3. Describe your favorite sandwich. (If it has to be a question... maybe "What are your favorite foods to have in a sandwich?")
  1. Probably the Tri Force Heroes one (if you're surprised that it's not Pokémon, that's simply explained by the fact that I have no wearable Pokémon merch). It's this one:
  2. Right-handed; trying to use my left hand for more stuff to reduce imbalance. Wii Fit really drilled that into me, but I also just like symmetry. It'd also be useful if ever I broke my right hand/arm, though I've yet to break any bones (apart from getting a crack in my skull this one time).
  3. Do bagels count? Because I've never found love in sliced bread sandwiches. What really grates me is the insistence on mayonnaise in literally (no, yes, literally) every ready-made sandwich around, preventing me from trying them, as I'm selectively allergic to egg. On a bagel, I love to have a reasonable amount of melted cheese, probably cheddar; enough Residual Meat Product for one layer; and copious amounts of olives. Then another layer of cheese. Fry both halves of the bagel before putting together, then put in the oven (the cheese will melt there). The bagel will be messy and unwieldy. This is part of the experience.
@SleuthMechanism @birdiebee @Anaru @Quibblingsun86 @Ansible @Snake_Joe @Slurmp
Seven should do. As usual, anyone else can also answer these questions if they're that interesting.
  1. Favourite Pac-Man ghost?
  2. When was the last time you got food delivered to your home?
  3. If you had to wear one of these whenever you went outside for a whole week, which would you choose? Classic red-blue 3D glasses; a loud (colour-wise) and conspicuous scarf; a blue wig; trousers with a green left leg and an orange right leg; or high-heeled sandals?
  4. Can you suggest another piece of silly yet plausible clothing to add to that list?
  5. How do you peel bananas? What about oranges? Do you struggle with either?

Quibblingsun86

Full Squid
NNID
Quibblingsun86
  1. Probably the Tri Force Heroes one (if you're surprised that it's not Pokémon, that's simply explained by the fact that I have no wearable Pokémon merch). It's this one:
  2. Right-handed; trying to use my left hand for more stuff to reduce imbalance. Wii Fit really drilled that into me, but I also just like symmetry. It'd also be useful if ever I broke my right hand/arm, though I've yet to break any bones (apart from getting a crack in my skull this one time).
  3. Do bagels count? Because I've never found love in sliced bread sandwiches. What really grates me is the insistence on mayonnaise in literally (no, yes, literally) every ready-made sandwich around, preventing me from trying them, as I'm selectively allergic to egg. On a bagel, I love to have a reasonable amount of melted cheese, probably cheddar; enough Residual Meat Product for one layer; and copious amounts of olives. Then another layer of cheese. Fry both halves of the bagel before putting together, then put in the oven (the cheese will melt there). The bagel will be messy and unwieldy. This is part of the experience.
Seven should do. As usual, anyone else can also answer these questions if they're that interesting.
  3. If you had to wear one of these whenever you went outside for a whole week, which would you choose? Classic red-blue 3D glasses; a loud (colour-wise) and conspicuous scarf; a blue wig; trousers with a green left leg and an orange right leg; or high-heeled sandals?
  4. Can you suggest another piece of silly yet plausible clothing to add to that list?
Clyde
2 days ago I think
The 3D glasses
Mabye some rainbow striped overalls or a VERY neon poncho
I peel banana's from the bottom, oranges with my nails, and have no trouble doing either

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I like Winky the best. The first DS game I ever played was Pac-Pix on my dad's DS, and the second was Retro Atari Classics (that's not really related to Pac-Man, but whatever). And I once memorized how to get the maximum score for the few levels of the arcade Pac-Man, which is possible because the ghosts don't act randomly.
I had pizza ordered from Pizza Hut about... two to three weeks ago? I usually do that once every month or two.
Blue wig, it seems much less unnatural and uncomfortable compared to the others.
Hmm... it's not really clothing, but maybe something representing a part that's exclusive to certain animals, such as bird wings or a monkey/dog/cat tail.
I (try to) peel bananas down from the stem that sticks out at the top, but usually fail and ask one of my parents to open it for me, or try to do it with a knife if I'm alone. I've never even tried to eat an orange since I hate the smell they emit, but I'd probably enjoy the taste since I like orange juice.

Seven questions, since I started thinking up a bunch of extra questions related to two of them I had already made. Anyone can answer.

1a. Do you prefer baths or showers?
1b. When taking one, what temperature do you like the water?
1c. Do you take them in the night, in the morning, or at some other times during the day? Or maybe both.

2a. Have you played any trading card games, such as Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic: The Gathering, or the Pokémon TCG?
2b. What's your favorite type (if PKMN TCG or Yu-Gi-Oh)/color (if M:TG)/something else (if you play a different game game)? If you've only ever played games with standard cards, you can chose your favorite suit, although you probably know some Pokémon types even if you haven't played the game.
2c. What's your favorite card that you own? Once again, if you've only ever played games with a standard 52 card deck, choose your favorite card from that. Or you can just skip this section of questions, since they aren't answerable if you haven't ever played them.

3. Despite thinking up those 6 questions, I can't think of anything else interesting to ask. So just tell me an interesting story, joke, or puzzle.

Last edited:

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
1: Inky. Because of the star bomb song.
2: I don't remember.
3: Scarf.
4: calf poop yellow bathrobe
5: for bananas I cut a slit in the top and peel it down either completely or as I eat. Oranges I use my fingernail to make a cut then peel around the middle and then twist off the ends.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
  • Favourite Pac-Man ghost?
  • When was the last time you got food delivered to your home?
  • If you had to wear one of these whenever you went outside for a whole week, which would you choose? Classic red-blue 3D glasses; a loud (colour-wise) and conspicuous scarf; a blue wig; trousers with a green left leg and an orange right leg; or high-heeled sandals?
  • Can you suggest another piece of silly yet plausible clothing to add to that list?
  • How do you peel bananas? What about oranges? Do you struggle with either?
1. Pinky. i like pink
2. Ordered Dominos a few nights ago. <3
3. 3D glasses for sure man!
4. A pink collar with a leash
5. Bananas from the bottom. I rarely eat oranges because i suck at peeling them. :(

@Saber @Cuttleshock @Ikaheishi

1. Have you ever had any dish utilizing squid ink? (squid ink pasta, squid ink bread, etc)
2. What is your favorite kind of sauce
3. Please rank the following types of fries: Regular (think McDonalds), Thick cut, Wedge, Crinkle Cut, Curly, Smiley face

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
1. Have you ever had any dish utilizing squid ink? (squid ink pasta, squid ink bread, etc)
3. Please rank the following types of fries: Regular (think McDonalds), Thick cut, Wedge, Crinkle Cut, Curly, Smiley face
  1. No, I have not. What's it like (anyone who knows and feels like answering)? I've had squid itself a couple of times, fried pieces thereof.
  2. I'm happy with most straight spicy sauces - not sweet and spicy, not funny spicy (like vinegar, though I guess that's more sour), just plain spicy. I've recently been enjoying how food tastes without its flavour masked by spice, though.
  3. Hardly ever have any, but have had all at one time or another. Wedges are too potatoey for my liking. Smileys sound to me like potato waffles just with a novelty shape, and if that's the case, they're nice but I'd prefer the others. Between thick, thin, curly and crinkly, I've really no clear preferences.
Too lazy to ask questions this time.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I like Winky the best. The first DS game I ever played was Pac-Pix on my dad's DS, and the second was Retro Atari Classics (that's not really related to Pac-Man, but whatever). And I once memorized how to get the maximum score for the few levels of the arcade Pac-Man, which is possible because the ghosts don't act randomly.
I had pizza ordered from Pizza Hut about... two to three weeks ago? I usually do that once every month or two.
Blue wig, I'd do one that looks like Marth's hair. When I was Marth last Haloween, I actually just dyed my hair using a spray, as my hair is fairly long, especially compared to most guys, and mine looks sort of similar to his already, except blond. But it didn't matter very much since it's night which makes it difficult to notice.
Hmm... it's not really clothing, but maybe something representing a part that's exclusive to certain animals, such as bird wings or a monkey/dog/cat tail.
I (try to) peel bananas down from the stem that sticks out at the top, but usually fail and ask one of my parents to open it for me, or try to do it with a knife if I'm alone. I've never even tried to eat an orange since I hate the smell they emit, but I'd probably enjoy the taste since I like orange juice.

Seven questions, since I started thinking up a bunch of extra questions related to two of them I had already made. Anyone can answer.

1a. Do you prefer baths or showers?
1b. When taking one, what temperature do you like the water?
1c. Do you take them in the night, in the morning, or at some other times during the day? Or maybe both.

2a. Have you played any trading card games, such as Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic: The Gathering, or the Pokémon TCG?
2b. What's your favorite type (if PKMN TCG or Yu-Gi-Oh)/color (if M:TG)/something else (if you play a different game game)? If you've only ever played games with standard cards, you can chose your favorite suit, although you probably know some Pokémon types even if you haven't played the game.
2c. What's your favorite card that you own? Once again, if you've only ever played games with a standard 52 card deck, choose your favorite card from that. Or you can just skip this section of questions, since they aren't answerable if you haven't ever played them.

3. Despite thinking up those 6 questions, I can't think of anything else interesting to ask. So just tell me an interesting story, joke, or puzzle.
1a. Uh, showers
I haven't taken a bath in a long time
1b. Warm/hot but if it's cold then I get what I get (and I don't get upset…ish)
1c. Night, usually
2a. No
2b. For a normal deck of cards, clubs
For Pokemon, I like Electric, Steel, Dragon, and Flying types
2c. 3 of clubs. I don't think I have a favorite Pokemon
3. A favorite Final Jeopardy of mine that I can remember: Name a US state that can be spelled using one line of a (standard QWERTY) keyboard.
I'm just here for the third question (even tho I wasn't tagged)
1. WHY IS WAFFLE NOT HERE
2. Regular
3. Wedge
4. Crinkle
5. Curly
6. Smiley

Mostly since I haven't been tagged :p

@Cuttleshock @Cuttlefish @Cuttlefish's Angels

1. Favorite sea animal?
2. Favorite and least favorite color
3. Can you draw?

Last edited:

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
  1. No, I have not. What's it like (anyone who knows and feels like answering)? I've had squid itself a couple of times, fried pieces thereof.
  2. I'm happy with most straight spicy sauces - not sweet and spicy, not funny spicy (like vinegar, though I guess that's more sour), just plain spicy. I've recently been enjoying how food tastes without its flavour masked by spice, though.
  3. Hardly ever have any, but have had all at one time or another. Wedges are too potatoey for my liking. Smileys sound to me like potato waffles just with a novelty shape, and if that's the case, they're nice but I'd prefer the others. Between thick, thin, curly and crinkly, I've really no clear preferences.
Too lazy to ask questions this time.
Its interesting! A little bitter but with a sweet aftertaste. I dont know if that is a good description, but to describe my experience, I was surprised at the first bite, but I really wanted to keep eating more. It wasnt off-putting or strange- actually quite addicting. I also love fried ika rings~

I really enjoy your sauce preference btw. I tend to agree. Straight spice is superior.

edit: @G1ng3rGar1 URG!!! I KNEW I WAS FORGETTING ONE! I LOVE WAFFLE FRIES D:

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Its interesting! A little bitter but with a sweet aftertaste. I dont know if that is a good description, but to describe my experience, I was surprised at the first bite, but I really wanted to keep eating more. It wasnt off-putting or strange- actually quite addicting. I also love fried ika rings~

I really enjoy your sauce preference btw. I tend to agree. Straight spice is superior.

edit: @G1ng3rGar1 URG!!! I KNEW I WAS FORGETTING ONE! I LOVE WAFFLE FRIES D:
*raises eyebrow* uh huh (It's fine XD)
Best waffle fries?

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
1. Favorite sea animal?
2. Favorite and least favorite color
3. Can you draw?
  1. Oh, you're testing us, are you? What if I said... sea otters?
  2. I like nice purple and nice green, but most shades of one don't go with the other. Rose pink is really nice, too. Brown is a very reliable colour which can mean many things depending on the shade. I don't like yellow, most varieties thereof, but it can look nice in combination with other colours or in the right arrangements - like, flowers and butterflies and similar are all pretty, even yellow ones!
  3. No. Well, physically, yes, I am capable of drawing, but I can't depict much anything, organic or inorganic, with which I'm happy, not that I ever try. Diagrams and such, I can pull off, but mostly functional ones. I at least have enough of a sense of design to do minor things in Paint.NET (like how I've cut out my present avatar... or so I claim, but this one was effectively pre-cut with the white border; the only thing I needed to do was remove some background and do the circle effect. But I've done the same for some past avatars on other websites!) and to draw maps.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
1. No honestly I am a picky eater and I haven't gotten to try anything with squid ink in it
2. Buffalo sauce mild, not willing to try anything too hot after a small taste of ghost chili peppers
3. Curly, wedge, crinkle, regular, thick cut, smiley

@Hitzel @ThatSrb2DUDE @Cuttleshock @sammich

1. If you could spend a day with any Nintendo Characters who would it be
2. What weapon from splatoon would you most want to have
3. What is you favorite nostalgia movie of all time
4. What subject did you hate the most in school

sammich

Inkling Cadet
1. If you could spend a day with any Nintendo Characters who would it be?
villager. let's just wander around, collect bugs and fish, and rake in thousands of bells in return.
or one of the adult links because he's really handsome.

none particularly? i don't see what i'd do with it... i guess the squiffer, because it would make an EPIC cleaning tool for those stubborn stains.

hook, clueless, and troop beverly hills are honorable mentions,
but the winner is probably: a league of their own

it's a nostalgia movie that is ABOUT nostalgia. i was nostalgic even my first time watching it as a child. now it's evolved into nostalgiception.

history
i can remember general trends and effects, but i can't remember people's names and dates, and i'm bad at making the larger connections, which tend to be a large part of the grade.

the only time i did well on a history paper is when i was able to turn it into a literary review with historical elements.

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
Premium
@Saber @Cuttleshock @Ikaheishi

1. No.
  2. Barbecue, when done just right.
  3. Crinkle-cut (DelTaco!), Thick cut, Regular, Wedge, Curly. I can't rank 'smiley face' because I never have had any.
@Pancakesandpens @sammich @Saber @Slurmp @Snake_Joe @SleuthMechanism @Xehias
  1. How well are you able to swim?
  2. What is your favorite marine species?
  3. Have you ever been on any boats or ships?
  4. Have you ever been to an aquarium, and do you like going?
  5. Have you ever been snorkeling, scuba diving, or anything of the like?

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
1. Very well

2. Dolphins they are beryl intelligent, can be trained to preform all sorts of cool feats and are one of the most Social animals on earth

3. I been on a small motorboat when I was on a lake in North Carolina

4. Yes I've been to quite a few aquarium and as someone who loves learning about animals I always enjoy going and see all the unique species as well

5. Went snorkeling in Xel-Ha a natural aquarium that I really recommend

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
1. If you could spend a day with any Nintendo Characters who would it be
  1. Perhaps Professor Layton, although he's kind of second-party. Just, like, would be nice to... actually, I dunno what I could do with him other than talk about stuff he knows. But he's great. I'd be improved by keeping his company.
  2. I might say the Sloshing Machine, similarly to sammich, for its practical uses, assuming it actually functions to clean clothes.
  3. Maybe the first Pokémon movie, for me.
  4. History, perhaps. I stopped taking it after Year 9, so four years ago, and I loathed it until then. Music, which I took for two more years (did the GCSE), then became my most-hated subject, but it was at least much more interesting for me.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
@Pancakesandpens @sammich @Saber @Slurmp @Snake_Joe @SleuthMechanism @Xehias
  1. How well are you able to swim?
  2. What is your favorite marine species?
  3. Have you ever been on any boats or ships?
  4. Have you ever been to an aquarium, and do you like going?
  5. Have you ever been snorkeling, scuba diving, or anything of the like?
1) Pretty bad. I refuse to put my head underwater and I get tired easily, plus I don’t know how to float in place. I can swim short distances but that’s it.
2) Sea turtles. There’s something about the way they move that’s really relaxing to me.
3) I crossed a river on a boat once when I was a kid. Do paddle boats count? I was on one once as well.
4) Nope, but I’d like to go to one someday.
5) Nope again. Maybe I’ll try since these things pretty much remove the danger of drowning, and there’s nothing to fear about being underwater since that’s the whole point :p

I’m realizing that I forgot to tag people last time I replied here… I can’t be bothered asking questions right now though, I’m kind of exhausted. Sorry!

sammich

Inkling Cadet
How well are you able to swim?
proficiently. i'm very comfortable in the water.

What is your favorite marine species?
THIS IS A HARD QUESTION. recently i'm super into sea lions (various species). i guess i feel more connected to them as a fellow mammal. i'm also a big fan of squid, tuna, gobies, whale sharks, dogfish. sea otters, siphonophores, weedy sea dragons, and rattail fish ... among many others.

Have you ever been on any boats or ships?
my family used to own a canoe we used to take around this river. i've kayaked a number of times. i've been whale watching and on ferries, and fishing in a motor boat a few times... i've also taken tours on decommissioned submarines and aircraft carriers.

Have you ever been to an aquarium, and do you like going?
i LOVE aquariums. i've been to a number of aquariums in the US and one in japan. tbh i would go to more but my friends don't like fish as much as me.

Have you ever been snorkeling, scuba diving, or anything of the like?
i've physically worn a snorkel when swimming in a river/pool, but no i haven't really gone snorkeling or scuba diving. i did go whale watching once, and on a gator cruise in louisiana (alligators freak me the ff out, though, and the swamp was filled with snakes which also freak me the ff out).

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
It's been a few days since someone posted here. There are eleven guests viewing the thread at the moment, getting lots of information about many random people.

@Marigi174 @Cuttleshock @Maave
1. https://teespring.com/en-GB/shop/DropDraco#pid=2&cid=581&sid=front
2. Naturally ambidextrous, developed righty. I had to develop a stronger hand because I had two weak hands and as such could barely do anything that needed dexterity.
3. Cold beef with the bread buttered and spread with strawberry jam, raspberry jam or cranberry sauce. I like it with either white or wholemeal bread, but no sweetbread or fruit bread or nut bread or anything like that.

Will ask questions another time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom