The Amiibos are UNDERWHELMING

Krak Rex

Inkster Jr.
Well, would you have rather they locked a considerable amount of content behind these amiibos that would benefit you pretty well compared to players without the amiibo? Would you rather be seriously missing out on locked content if you never got the amiibo? Frankly I'm glad the amiibo arent very useful. People cant decide what they want from amiibo. If it's too important and locked behind an amiibo, then nintendo is being greedy. If it's underwhelming and locked behind an amiibo, nintendo is ripping us off. :/
But how does a re-skin give any advantage? Im pretty sure there are better sets then the amiibo sets.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Apartment In Inkopolis With His 3 Friends
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
and i definitely understand why you are a bit disappointed with the amiibo functionality. I think it'd be nice if we got something else out em, like maybe having the tracks from the first game play in battles instead of just in squid beats.
Yea. I would've liked to at least listen to some beats from the original Splatoon.

Platinum Inkling

Senior Squid
In my opinion that's a great thing. I'm not a figure collecting person, so the amiibos never interested me. You don't know how happy I am that the hero weapons aren't amiibo exclusive anymore. I saw that as a major flaw in splatoon 1, so I'm happy it was fixed in the second game!

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
My only annoyance is the no sharing policy. I wanted to let my fiance use mine, but he can't get the gear from them. Like why should every family member need their own amiibo. >_<
I share this same issue. I feel like I may just have to switch ownership of the amiibo temporarily in order to collect all of the gear...VERY disappointing when you consider that the first game allowed sharing the amiibos freely.

Windows95

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4161-2129-8915
Though I own all the Splatoon Amiibo, I think it is a good think that they didn't hide Storymode content behind the Amiibo.
In Splatoon 1, the Storymode is UTTERLY boring without the Amiibo. So that is an improvement.

I generally don't like Nintendo hiding important content *cough Epona*, behind Amiibo. I am an adult, I have enough money to buy them all, but it feels like exploiting young people. For Splatoon 1, you'd have to cash out at least €45 on top of the main game to get all the single player content (Roller, Charger, Time Trials). I think that is just a bit too much for a game mode that isn't TOO interesting to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom