• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The August update will hit 8/6 next Thursday!

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
it is the 5th for US, 6th for EU and other timezones.
Good to know, I was a tally confused, since I saw multiple sources say both dayes, and I wasn't sure which applied to the US. I asset the 6th, since the 6th is on Thursday, which is when a bunch of updates pop up in Splatoon for.

Pyritie

Full Squid
NNID
Pyritie
I don't know, there's just something inconsistent about it to me. 4 player and 2 player parties have more emphasis, while the 3 player parties are shoved off to the side. It kind of makes it feel like a different game mode.

Actually, on that note. Does creating a 3 person party give you a 3v4?

The splatoon tumblr cleared that up:

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/125339575156/when-forming-a-two-person-squad-youll-be-paired
http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/125345713920/if-you-form-a-full-on-four-person-squad-youll-be
http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/125353354877/whats-more-you-can-also-form-squads-of-three

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Honestly, I would have fine if they would have left out trio squads. It just seems like one of those things that is rather pointless to have.

PolygonGeorge

Inkster Jr.
Yeah I think I agree with you. With this implementation I can barely see anyone doing it. Maybe if they had done it so you would only encounter other three person teams. It seems like they aren't keen on people playing on the maps with anything more/less than four people.

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
Honestly, I would have fine if they would have left out trio squads. It just seems like one of those things that is rather pointless to have.
it's literally an extra option for hardcore players, the kinds of players who effortlessly beat the vast majority of splatoon players so to make the game a bit balanced and interesting again gimp themselves. Look at that hardcore glance and pose in that picture on the 3-squad and the "are they for real" confused look on the 4-squad. You ever complained about an optional hardmode before?

Last edited:

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Hard mode doesn't really make much sense in a multiplayer game. You want a challenge, just take on fellow S+ players. All this is gonna do is destroy your rank, who wants that? I'd be very surprised if this feature actually gets used at all.

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
This sounds like a great update, and i'm especially looking forward to the Splatling! If the previous updates are anything to go by , this one'll be a real blast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom