• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Bragging Thread

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
@ILikeKirbys I was only teasing about the pic. :P

About my score on Trigger Fish, if I remember correctly I believe it was Tower Control, easy targets for a sniper. The mode and the map itself are pretty much made for long range weapons.

Blobface

Inkster Jr.
NNID
everyone1
Literally any time you successfully use a brush weapon. It's so satisfying to just slip around people struggling to hit you while you're simultaneously boxing them in with ink everywhere.

NikeXTC

Inkling
NNID
NikeXTC
Rainmaker match yesterday: had the lead for almost whole match, opponent team pushed to -12 at 5 seconds to the end. We killed them, I got the rainmaker and pushed to -11 at the extra time. That was insane.

Ok, I was playing with my girlfriend's B rank account, a lower league than the one I'm used to, but it was still awesome!

Nozzles

Cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
This is more a joke than bragging

How to get more p when your whole map is green and the entire other team dc'd

picopepin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
picopepin
I had made it to s90 when the japanese splatfest was running then tanked my score and its been fluctuating at about 50ish for the past 24+ hours and tonight i finally got it back up to 91. Im really excited to try for S+ but I had to tell myself to stop heh

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
@ILikeKirbys I was only teasing about the pic. :p
Yeah, but when I saw it I was like "AWESOME! I GOTTA GET A PIC OF-aaaaaaaaaaaand it's gone."

About my score on Trigger Fish, if I remember correctly I believe it was Tower Control, easy targets for a sniper. The mode and the map itself are pretty much made for long range weapons.
Ah, that makes it easier to understand. Triggerfish is awesome for Chargers. Still impressive though.

And now, something longish (warning: It's a bit long):
So I was playing a bunch of games with my squad today, and we played a couple of Turf Wars at one point. I went with Kelp Splatterscope, since I'm trying to learn that right now.
And got two 1000+ point games. With a weapon I'm still getting used to (I normally don't play Chargers, more of an Octobrush/Dynamo Roller/some Shooters player).
The first game (on Urchin), I caught a lucky break and sniped their sniper a couple of times (first time she didn't see me, second time she didn't get her shot off in time so I splatted her), then snuck into part of their spawn area (the raised platform to the right of where the spawn is). So while the rest of my team wrecked them on the rest of the stage (given that we won, I'm willing to bet on this being the case), I tossed some Sprinklers around, inked the platform, and laughed as this one Roller kept trying to splat me and I just squidded back a bit, charged up and sniped her as she came up over the wall. Four times. Eventually, the rest of my team showed up (or at least Pixel did, didn't see the others but they might have been there) and we pretty much kept their base in our color almost until the match ended (didn't look to see if it still was, but it probably was). I got splatted in the last 30 seconds, but still had enough time to push myself over 1000. Which felt great.
The second game (on Arowana), we pushed up a bit slower than last time, with liberal application of Sprinklers like last time, but at one point I followed a teammate into the enemy's side corridor (left from the center raised area), where we got attacked by a couple of dudes. He got splatted (by the Roller, I think) and I missed my shot, so I pulled out my Killer Wail because f*** it I'm getting splatted anyway might as well drop some dubstep on them first, and fired it down the corridor. And got a triple-splat (two I was aiming for, the third just turned the corner at a bad time I think). With the most telegraphed Special in the game (at least I think so), which I rarely see splat anyone (well, outside of Tower Control, it's pretty effective there, but even then it's rare to see it get splats). Yeah, I got splatted too, but it was so, so worth it.
And then after I respawned and caught up to the others, I rushed into their spawn in the last minute, stood on one of the protrusions (the one to the left of the spawn) and did the Sprinkler-anywhere-and-snipe-all-who-dare-oppose-me thing again toward the end. It worked again (even better this time, since I lived to the end, though I was only there about half as long as the previous time), thanks to my teammates keeping enemies who didn't try (and subsequently fail) to reach me from doing too much inking while I was inking up their base.
Thanks guys. Couldn't have pulled it off without you, either time.
Hit 1000 again somewhere toward the end. Felt crazy awesome.

Kelp Splatterscope is a keeper, that's for sure. Now I just have to get better at aiming.

Also, my squad won a Rainmaker match immediately after that on Blackbelly in about 30 seconds (I think less, but it might've been a little more, but definitely well under a minute) Yeah, it's Blackbelly, and I didn't really help much (shot the Rainmaker's shield once, jumped down from my perch, got splatted, watched my teammate rush the Rainmaker in for a knockout on the minimap: that was my entire contribution to that very short match) so it's not bragging about something I did so much as something my team did, but no match of anything in Splatoon should end that quickly without eight disconnects in very rapid succession.
Incidentally, does anyone know if a match continues to the end if both teams disconnect? And if it does, who wins? I know that'd probably be hard to confirm, for obvious reasons, I just thought I'd ask.

Last edited:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Today, i've managed to splat an inkzooka user one-on-one with a series of uncharged splatterscope shots. I seriously wonder how i pulled that one off...

Also, i've splatted someone who was in the middle of slamming the rainmaker on our pedestal! When the rainmaker reformed, it was right on our pillar. Close call, but the match eventually ended in their favour anyways.

SHUTupNrocK8

Pro Squid
NNID
SHUTupNrocK8

I absolutely love the N Zap '89... just bought it the other day before vacation, but it was putting in so much work on Splat Zones. I also had very good supportive team mates, which is kinda rare to come by lol. All in all, I put in some work and had fun along the way. Moray Towers is awesome for Splat Zones!!

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
I remember back in the eating and sleeping splatfest me and a girl called dos♪cherry won a 2v4 match ( we were the 2, obviously) i was a jr

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Finally made it to A Rank with the Nozzlenose. Got a 15:5 K/D ratio in this rank up ceremony. Run Speed Up help me win a lot of 2v1 firefights today.

But I swear to god, over the course of two days, three times I was at A- 90 and they only gave me 8 points. Twice my next loss netted me a -12 even though I was the best player in both games. Heck the only reason why I am A rank right now is because I was A- 92 and got yet another stingy 8 point win. Somebody at Nintendo hates me.

Blobface

Inkster Jr.
NNID
everyone1
I was playing Tower Control on Moray Towers today, and I was riding the tower over a pit. One of my teammates was climbing up a side of the tower over a pit, but the side wasn't fully inked and he was barely climbing enough to avoid falling off. I threw some ink down the wall and he was able to climb up.

It was not especially skilled and it did not have a massive effect on the outcome of the match.

But it was bloody adorable!

SplatoonFerret

Inkling
Was just playing Rainmaker with the tentatek, activate the inkzooka to break the shield, and after one shot I managed to hit their entire team.
xD

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Had this very close match where we only won by .4%. I had gotten my Suction Bomb Rush ready in the last few seconds and claimed just enough turf to push us into the lead. It was a good thing, too, as most of the match we were being dominated. Total shounen story right there.

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
My team beat Flc's team while he was streaming twice. Second game was a 3v4.

___shan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
illegalcopy
Finally finally finally made it to A- and most of the way to A. Starting to feel out of my league though :p

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Had a beautiful memorable moment in Port Mackerel where I got the jump on two players and splatted them back-to-back. I jumped off one of the forklifts as the Gal shooter started to ink the side in prep to ledgepeek me (he'd done it before the previous bout), so I hopped off, quickly Y-turned to see him panic briefly as I sailed over his head while he was trying to swim up the moving forklift, and time slowed down for me and Rules of Nature began to play in my head as I went all Zandatsu on him with my trusty Inkbrush before he could break free of the wall and counterattack. I then climbed back up to find an Aerospray user with their back turned (shooting at my teammate, or preemptively attacking the ground expecting me to circle around) and got him before he could have turned around.

So what if we lost that match later? That was the most glorious payback I've ever had in days.

Last edited:

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Made it to Decepticon King with only 4 losses. 2 of the 4 losses, I had a teamate D/C.

Used only the Nozzlenose D.....my arms hurt...
Man, that's amazing! I lost my touch with it not long after the Splatfest began and had to revert to my old standby.

That said, I did beat my personal record for highest vibe on my way to King rank. +17.0 may not be much to sneeze at, but I still feel proud of myself.

xXDR.SWOOCEXx

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SupahHotFire17

I absolutely love the N Zap '89... just bought it the other day before vacation, but it was putting in so much work on Splat Zones. I also had very good supportive team mates, which is kinda rare to come by lol. All in all, I put in some work and had fun along the way. Moray Towers is awesome for Splat Zones!!
I was thinking about buying it and your post convinced me.:D

Any way, I set a new record of 1,523 pointts with the RG today during the splatfest and I also won a 3v4 for match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom