The Bragging Thread

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
yesterday, Rainmaker match.
I'm normally not very good at them, 'specially since i can't use my Sub or Special weapons. (Which I'm usually very reliant on.)
anyway, we're behind by ages, rainmaker is lost by our team about 30 meters away from the goal.
So, the counter gets down to about 15 secs, and I'm just like "Screw this!", snatch the rainmaker, and just make a run for it. another team-mate with an E-Litre 3K decided to back me up, and I manage to slam that sucker on the goal, covered in enemy ink, right as the timer hits zero.
I've never been so proud in my life.

Last edited:

xXDR.SWOOCEXx

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SupahHotFire17
I'm pretty happy right now. I took my .96 Gal Deco into TC and won 5 out of 6 battles. The last one my team was crap and I won it in overtime with the Kraken. That match got me to B+. I didn't want to be demoted so I left and was finally able to unlock the Hero Roller Replica Which seems like it was built for TC.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
My team managed to take all 4 members of the opposing team within the first 10 or so seconds of the match.

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
Just had a couple SZ matches in B rank.
of course, B rank being B rank, my first thought was "okay, I'm gonna have to carry 24/7 because these guys all suck."
well, seems that everyone else on my team thought the same thing: we ended up winning about 10 matches in a row, all by knockout, and I ranked up by the end of it.
I was also using the .96 Deco, which I'd just bought. that ended up netting me 12 kills in one match, and 17 in another.
furthermore, one of those matches was the first time I'd finished with 0 deaths. (6 kills, 0 deaths, specifically.)
Kudos to everyone involved.

(I'm gonna go on the player finder thread and see if I can spot anyone now. that was awesome.)

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Although technically my first quad kill was on TC when I killer wailed the tower with the whole team on it, I feel like my first real quad kill was yesterday. I was holding the northern area on Saltspray with my Carbon Roller when the whole enemy team decided to push in. I was able to get three kills just by swimming around the ledge and ambushing but the last guy saw me. Luckily, a teammate had come to back me up and was able to distract him enough for me to get the final kill. It is such a great feeling having those four names pop up on your screen.

I ended with 11 kills/0 deaths and over 1200 points.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Playing RM on Moray just now and I was painting a path for my team to go the shortcut realize they aren't following me because they are low key retarded so they went the long way up the winding path directly into enemy fire instead of up the long wall (who does this?! why?! what even!?). BUT then I was like well screw it RM is on enemy side I will just paint their side. Painted a path to the RM goal then went back and realized the enemy is low key retarded as well and is just leaving the popped RM there to kill my teammates when they aren't even in the lead so I took the RM from 65 to goal without anyone realizing it.... and I was playing in an S room. Idk, not really bragging more of just me wanting to share my wtf moment.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
22:8 with Nozzlenose. That's my first itme getting more than 20 kills with this weapon.

Last edited:

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
Just had an awesome match with @VeryButter here.
So, we were on a squad, and it was Splat Zones. The enemy grabbed it first, and as the timer kept counting down I thought "it ain't over 'til it's over."
So, the team all push forward and, surprisingly, gain the SZ with one second left!
Thanks to the team's co-ordination and skill, they never got it back, and we won by knockout.

Now, that, kids and squids, is why you should never quit a ranked match. You might just turn the tides.

Last edited:

Yellowkirbyguy

Senior Squid
(This was prior to the August patch)
During turf war. Arowana Mall, using the sploosh, up against 2 E-litre's. And might i add that these two were completely dominating my team. So most likely they were very good with their aim and using motion controls. The latter, is what i don't use.)
Long story short.
That awesome feeling when you move around like an idiot, but avoiding Charger fire.(Or just avoiding Charger fire in general. even if the one wielding the charger has trouble aiming on a regular basis)
During that same game i was a complete nuisance to the other team, found every opening they had, and started inking through their defences. Beakons everywhere.
That game i lost but it was well worth the hilarity of not getting decimated by Chargers(Not to mention that feeling when chargers just give up and aim for someone else.), Not even by the Inkbrush. But rather getting splatted by the Aerospray Haha.
(It happened a while ago, but oh well haha~)

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Just had an awesome match with @VeryButter here.
So, we were on a squad, and it was Splat Zones. The enemy grabbed it first, and as the timer kept counting down I tought "it ain't over 'til it's over."
So, the team all push forward and, surprisingly, gain the SZ with one second left!
Thanks to the team's co-ordination and skill, they never got it back, and we won by knockout.

Now, that, kids and squids, is why you should never quit a ranked match. You might just turn the tides.
So true.

The other day, during an intense Walleye bout, we had such a furious back-and-forth that we managed to stall out a victory. My Mini Splatling did a good deal of work, but I must say the Suctions I stuck on the tower kept dislodging the enemy to the point that their guys started gunning for me because my Sticky game was too scary for them. Somehow whenever I become the target due to being too effective, I feel a great sense of pride even if I get splatted a lot because of it.

jazuren

Inkling
NNID
Jazuren
I have two!

There was this time in splat zones, a looooong time ago at the Saltspray, where the other team just held control until the very last second on the countdown. We fought the whole time, switching between "They lost control" but never "We gained control". I had basically given up but kept shooting. And then it happened. We took control, at the last 5 seconds...went into overtime. We just came back, and we pushed. It was amazing, I'm pretty sure everyone was pumped up on adrenaline (or at least about as much pep as you can have playing a video game). Near the end, their whole team was dead and we still had control! We just "booyah"d until the words "You've taken the lead" which essentially meant we went passed one to zero. And to top it off I got the top of the list AND gained a rank. Unfortunately, I have really changed ranks since, but that was still awesome.

Another time was one ranked play with my chica, you know 2 v 2 vs. 2 v 2. It was once again the Saltspray, this time on Tower control. It was the last couple moments before our tower hit their base and all three of them came up. My friend took out their charger but was splatted by a roller who showed and promptly went after me who was on the tower, along with the other two. And I just splatted them all, and over skype I just kinda scream "Not todaaaaay sistas!" I didn't think I'd actually splat them all but when I did, I was so excited that I just jump up and down on the tower cheering. And I'm pretty sure the whole enemy team saw me. It was a moment of greatness. That also happened to be the day I had some other friends visiting me (not over skype but irl) and they watched the whole match and was so pumped, even though it was the first time they'd seen Splatoon. That's why we need spectator modes, these are just fun to watch!

This games super frustrating sometimes, but other times, like these, when I actually feel like I'm good at the game, I get excited.

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
So yesterday, I was in another SZ match. Can't remember the exact name of the map, but it was the one that starts you right behind a grate, and then splits to left and right areas. (Bluefin depot, i think?)
So, anyway, there were 20 seconds left, The zone was ours, we were gonna win...until I saw someone flinging enemy ink with a roller, off to the side on a ramp.
So, I casually go over there and splat them...and then realise that they were a dynamo, And i should have died two flicks ago.
A couple seconds after that, I manage to splat an E-Litre user on the same ramp.
At that point, the whole enemy team decided to just charge me....and they utterly failed, overextending and getting easily splattered. at which point all of MY team use me as an SJ anchor.

Not sure if I was really good, or they were really salty.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom