Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Last edited by a moderator:

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
One day, I was playing a RainMaker match, and our team was getting our ***es kicked. One of the enemy nearly made it to that area where you place the RainMaker, where I respawning decide to throw a Suction Bomb at the Rain Maker Carrier.
This killed the Rain Maker carrier but there were still enemy forces near the base so I took the RainMaker, and with just one teammate to back me up, made it all the way to the enemies side of the map, and placed the RainMaker on their tower.
GREATEST. COMEBACK. EVER.

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
I had something happen to me that I thought was pretty awesome.
rainmaker match, my team's doing well, I've grabbed the rainmaker.
A path to the podium has been set, I'm clearly gonna win. I swim up, jump, go into the "slamming" animation...
and then, out of nowhere, i got sniped. on the frickin' podium!
needless to say, I sat in shock for about 3 minutes, trying to figure out who in the world this godly player is.
all I know is that they were Japanese...and that's about it. couldn't find them in Inkopolis plaza after the match, either.

(we still won, if you're curious. seems that having your score stuck on 0 makes it impossible for the enemy to beat.)

Phobos

Inkling Commander
This is probably the best place for this, though it's more a "WTF!?" than a brag: Playing TW on Bluefin last night, in the right-hand courtyard, swimming up the wall into the opposing base. An E-liter on the enemy team is at the top of the wall right on the edge, and just as I'm popping up he hits me with one or two burst bombs. The knockback from the bombs somehow sends me up, over, and around the E-liter, and I land behind him and pop him in the back. I think we were both confused.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Just WON a Rainmaker match with a 3-4 disadvantage due to a disconnect on my crew. Even made the TOUCHDOWN. Props to you two, you crazy Japanese pubbies!

Yellowkirbyguy

Senior Squid
Ever had those times when the enemy activates Kraken and you just hide in ink and move to the side a tiny bit and the kraken just passes you unharmed? I love it when that happens.

Also that one time when the ENTIRE enemy team disconnects. but not worth since it was impossible to get 100% turf covered at that time. (Edit:So yeah, a free win basically xD. 4 v 0. Good game everyone)

(We don't mention those times when everyone on your team but you disconnects... i never stood a chance xD but at least i got the highest points on my err...team?)

soujirou88

Inkster Jr.
NNID
soujirou88
In a rainmaker match on arowana mall, my entire team and I were getting bodied so hard throughout out most of the match, yet we were somehow able to keep the opposing team at bay at around 47 meters. But within the last 45 seconds of the match, I finally broke through and made it to like like 30-37 meters before the rainmaker holder got splatted, then it went to overtime for the other team to comeback, for like 3 seconds till they died. As a testament on how badly my team and I were getting destroyed, I was the second best player on my team with a 9-15 kd, and my entire team had a negative kd ratio at that! Proving once again, that quality is better than quantity in terms of splats in this game.

Kayura05

Inkster Jr.
This one is a shoutout to a team mate. I was on the lower platform on Saltspray Rig and was covering some enemy ink when an camping Krak On stared chasing me. I was surrounded by enemy ink and was as good as splatted, then my team mate who was standing on the ledge above us shot ink in front of me so I could keep ahead of the Kraken until he turned back. Once he did the roller was about to just straight up hit me on the head when my team mate jumped off the ledge behind him and finished him off.

I spammed the "Booyah" button so hard.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Here is how a game went last night:

1) I'm packing the Nozzlenose on Urchin Underpass Turf

2) Dude catches me by surprise and splats me with the .52 Gal

3) Dude squid/seabags me

4) We slaughter his team, I get something like 10 splats and 2 deaths

5) Squidbagging dude is at the very bottom in points and splats, while I'm at the very top

6) Little happy dance

Karma, baby, karma.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I have quite a few things to brag about.

First of all let's start with my first two (and only, as of writing this currently) pure sub ability gear pieces. Check out this Armor Jacket: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkaasXDEg
image.jpg

#m18sgitgud #3RNG5U #NoSuperSeaSnailsNeeded #3SwimSpeedUpOnCuttlegearOnRoll1

I also had the same thing happen with my Crazy Arrows (Takoroka) with getting pure sub abilities on Roll 1 without needing to use any Super Sea Snails to reroll, but since it's a normal brand I got the most likely ability, pure Special Charge Ups, Takoroka's most common ability. Still an awesome piece of RNG though.

Now I'm gonna tell a baiting story. How 2 bait 101. So I was playing on Blackbelly Skatepark in Splat Zones one day (only mode I like that map on by the way), and I was using my E-Liter 3K to work on my sniping. So I went to the perch and was sniping away when this Octobrush sees me and decides to climb up and rush me down. I was like "oh crap" and I jumped off into some ink I had lain down earlier. Then I wait for the Octobrush to come up and see if I was still sniping up there. He comes to the perch and is swiping around like "Where'd she go?" and then I aimed at him and sniped him as if to say "Right here". Then I T-Bagged for about 3 seconds, then I went back to the perch and continued to snipe. Oh yeah, and afterward there were these two Rollers coming out of their maze, a Carbon and a Krak-on. They were coming to ambush the zone I was guarding, and then I sniped the Carbon Roller, who came out first. Then the Krak-on-Splat Roller was stuck in my ink that exploded from the Carbon Roller's splat, and he was like "Where did my teamate go?" and then I sniped him like "I'll show you where your teamate went.". That match was awesome.

Last edited:

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I won a 2 vs 0 match ;-) Wait that's not something to brag about that's just sad... It's true though me and Hiroshi were the only ones RIP other team and the girl on my team named "Shelby :-)" WE HAD THE SAME NAME!!!!!! I THOUGHT WHAT WE HAD WAS SPECIAL!!!

Pallid

Inkling
Not really brag worthy, but during the Marshmallow vs Hotdog Splatfest on Blackbelly Skatepark I had a match where 2 of the Marshmallow team had disconnected during the Setup phase. Splatoon, having no other options just goes, "Welp. Better balance this out. You there! Go be a Marshmallow for a minute!" and I was suddenly transported onto the opposite team. My shirt (and possibly tentacles? I definitely remember the shirt.) remained Team Hotdog though, so I just stuck out like a sore thumb the entire match.

As soon as the round began, my new Marshmallow friends just turned to me and Booyah'd and I had been accepted as a Hotdog Spy. I did next to nothing the entire round because I didn't want to hurt my Hotdog bros. The Marshmallows were totally rolling the Hotdogs without me though, so I was totally happy with just sitting on the centre spire just dancing and Booyah-ing and cheering them on in general.

It was a very silly round and I'm glad I was chosen to balance things out.

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
today, I had yet another bunch of rainmaker matches with good ol' @VeryButter, on Moray Towers.
some things happened that I thought were pretty sick:

1) I'm just wandering around, and all of a sudden I'm splattered by a sniper on the ledge right before mid. (the last drop between Spawn and the mid-ground. you know that one, right?) so, I take a look at him and suddenly realise he's using a scope: all he can see is the mid.
So, sneaking past that laser to make sure he doesn't see me, I went on the little ramp, inked the wall, and swam up right next to him. I stood there for a few secs, waiting to see if he's noticed, then back-stabbed him when he didn't flinch.
obviously, the guy gets real ticked off, and decided to just charge straight back to that ledge, with no-one to back him up. not the best of decisions, especially when I'm rocking a .52 gal with a Splash wall ready.
so, he just charges straight at me, doesn't even try to hide....and then gets murdered by my Splash wall. 7 times over! eventually, he decides to bring the entire team straight to me, and they, too, get wiped out. we won by a long shot.

2) another match, we're carrying the rainmaker, and only @VeryButter remains. I Super Jump to her, then realise too late that she's been surrounded: I'm dead meat. so, in a desperate attempt to get a trade, I throw out a splash wall...and kill the enemies.
no, not just one enemy. four enemies. the entire team was standing there like sitting ducks! and they were up against one team member!
seriously, other team: how do you mess that up?

3) this was on port mackerel, which I wasn't too familiar with. match starts, and I grab the rainmaker. I got someone else to back me up, thinking nothing of it.
turns out, that person was awesome at their job. they splat anyone and everyone who dares come near me, and we won, by knockout, in about 20 seconds. the enemy team didn't even get a chance.
yes, they were an S+ ranker. go figure.

4) so, @VeryButter has the rainmaker, and we're heading for the goal, surrounded. I'm backing her up, and all of a sudden I'm taken out by someone behind me.
So, I'm just standing at spawn, thinking, "It's all over now. she's a B- rank, they're A's. no contest." and then, for some reason, my eyes are drawn to the map on the gamepad. I saw a small line of our ink, surrounded by enemy ink. it went closer and closer to goal, and then....
all over. we win by knockout.

Kudos to @VeryButter for this; you rocked those matches. I managed to rank up at the end of the day, and it's all thanks to you!
and for the record, let me say this: I'm never judging someone based off their rank ever again.

Last edited:

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
So if I want to brag then I guess I can say this:

Yes, that is a perfect order 1-star gear from Spyke.

Playing RM on Moray just now and I was painting a path for my team to go the shortcut realize they aren't following me because they are low key retarded so they went the long way up the winding path directly into enemy fire instead of up the long wall (who does this?! why?! what even!?). BUT then I was like well screw it RM is on enemy side I will just paint their side. Painted a path to the RM goal then went back and realized the enemy is low key retarded as well and is just leaving the popped RM there to kill my teammates when they aren't even in the lead so I took the RM from 65 to goal without anyone realizing it.... and I was playing in an S room. Idk, not really bragging more of just me wanting to share my wtf moment.
I happened to do his on Flounder when I de-ranked somewhere into the A's and I was using tentatek. I already had a path inked up a wall on the right side of our half in the corner, took the RM and decided to solo carry it all the way to the goal. To my surprise no-one noticed until lI took the lead and 2 of my team mates were spamming super jump to me and 2 enemy people started shooting to me. At which point I was already dunking the Rm on the goal.

Last edited:

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
In today's daily dose of Turf War my Sprinkler claimed two more victims. Mwahahaha, fear the Sprinkler of Doooooooom~

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Curiosity: how many hits to kill for the sprinkler? I think it's 3 but I'm not sure.
Should be more than 3 hits, I took some hits without getting splatted removing a rival Brush user's Sprinkler in Arowana earlier.
If you guys actually tested stuff in practice mode then you would know it takes 4 hits to die from a sprinkler.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If you guys actually tested stuff in practice mode then you would know it takes 4 hits to die from a sprinkler.
I learned everything important on the battlefield :D Practice Mode is mainly for grasping the basics of a weapon, and subs aren't really easy to test in hot situations when you've only got regenerating dummies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom