• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Least Favored Weapon That You Have Tried.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
As the title says, what is the least favored weapon you have personally tried yourself? We've all been there when trying new load outs. Sometimes there's a weapon that just doesn't click. Here's how I will be giving my own personal answer...

Least Favored Weapon:
E-liter 3K Scope

Reason(s) Why:
Personally I just couldn't stand sitting in one spot for long periods- even when changing up spots to snipe from here and there. The scope itself also presented problems with having more blindness once zoomed in.

Would You Try Using It Again?:
I want to, but next time without the scope. I would have to look up on good places to perch on various maps too. Since I have a bigger TV to play on now, scopeless shouldn't be as big of a problem.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Mine would be the soda slosher.
I love sloshers so decided to try the soda one but it just can't seem to make it work.
The splat bomb doesn't seem to go well with the weapon, especially since the slosher itself does the job better in situations the grenade could be useful most of the time.
Inkzooka on it is neat though, it can help making an opening for the main weapon but i can't see to make good use of the splat bomb so stick with the normal and deco slosher.

I definitely will give it another whirl sometimes though, i do believe the splat bomb could still be a good asset to the slosher, just need to use it more and find out how?

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
Custom Blaster, it's probably the one I'm least successful, even over the H-3s. I've wanted to get into Blaster for a bit, and I thought I'd try with the original, Blaster or Custom, I wasn't great with either, but I performed way better with the Blaster. The point sensor, although I praise it with other weapons, just didn't gel with the weapon as well as the disruptor did. Once a foe was disrupted, they could barely move and were easily eliminated with one direct or two indirect hits, and I think the movement penalty was really the significant difference. With the point sensor, whilst I could track them, they'd easily hop round and kill me, take one indirect and die on the way. Not only that but, for some reason, even though the bubblers fairly cheap special wise, I rarely got it off, and with a fair amount of special charge up. I tend to overestimate how much turf I ink with blasters, and my score was always the lowest. With the vanilla Blaster though, I could pop off killer wails in no time. I think what doesn't help them is the subs don't ink, but that's ok with the vanilla Blaster with the cheapest special, less so with the custom. I don't think I'd like to try it again, rather stick with vanilla Blaster and then move onto the range blasters as they have very interesting kits.

Lazuli

Inkling
Nozzlenose. Yeah I understand it can be a good weapon if you practice with it, but I just can't be bothered to constantly click in the trigger. If they kept the fire rate exactly the same but let you hold down the trigger I'd use it, but as-is I can can get a similar performance with a regular splattershot.

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
Bamboozler 14 MK I, II, and III.

I don't get why it exists when there are so many AUTOMATIC shooters that kill faster at about the same range. Sure, it has high damage in one shot, making it good at team support and killing damaged enemies, but that's incredibly niche and it's NEVER happened to me. I might have not given it enough time, but the first ever match I played with it (Turf War on Mahi-Mahi) was an 80-20 loss where I got no kills. Now that my aim's better, I might be better, but I've heard bad enough things from others about it to turn me off. It can't even help your team get to the center quickly because the shots are pathetically thin and short-ranged. I just play the Squiffer instead so I can actually one shot.

Also, I'm counting them all here cause they're all bad, but the Mk I's Splash Wall may redeem it.

Last edited:

ShadowStepper

Inkling
NNID
mell.2
Switch Friend Code
SW-5390-6647-3607
For me, any type of blaster is terrible. I don't understand how some people can do so much damage with them!
It's really hard for me to hit anything, and usually my aim is really good. I probably will not be using them again...ever again.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
Bamboozler 14 MK I, II, and III.

I don't get why it exists when there are so many AUTOMATIC shooters that kill faster at about the same range. Sure, it has high damage in one shot, making it good at team support and killing damaged enemies, but that's incredibly niche and it's NEVER happened to me. I might have not given it enough time, but the first ever match I played with it (Turf War on Mahi-Mahi) was an 80-20 loss where I got no kills. Now that my aim's better, I might be better, but I've heard bad enough things from others about it to turn me off. It can't even help your team get to the center quickly because the shots are pathetically thin and short-ranged. I just play the Squiffer instead so I can actually one shot.

Also, I'm counting them all here cause they're all bad, but the Mk I's Splash Wall may redeem it.
huh?

the pink one is wrong,
and the green one is perplexing.

the weapon is definitely not for everyone but it's actually one of the fastest TTKs in the game when you use half-charges effectively.

it's true it doesn't have terrific mobility (even doing full charges you should be equipping ink res up), and you don't always have a great KD ratio, but bamboozler is a massive oppressive force on the battlefield and your teammates will get better KD stats from the support fire weakening enemies -- plus you can bet bamboozler will be getting much better KD ratios now that splat assists are a thing.

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
huh?

the pink one is wrong,
and the green one is perplexing.

the weapon is definitely not for everyone but it's actually one of the fastest TTKs in the game when you use half-charges effectively.

it's true it doesn't have terrific mobility (even doing full charges you should be equipping ink res up), and you don't always have a great KD ratio, but bamboozler is a massive oppressive force on the battlefield and your teammates will get better KD stats from the support fire weakening enemies -- plus you can bet bamboozler will be getting much better KD ratios now that splat assists are a thing.
Being mostly a blaster main, doing 70 damage at meh range is less appealing than 100 damage plus burst damage at bad range.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
The default Splat Charger. I hate the loadout, the weapon feel, and just everything about it. It will forever remain in the back of my Weapon list.

Skyblue39

Inkling
NNID
Skyblue39
Switch Friend Code
SW-3129-0515-2323
The heavy splatling (what a waste of money)
I don't like to charge a weapon, because everyone is faster than you.

squiddoodly

Full Squid
Rollers, at one point I tried giving them a try, but they're really hard to manage. Maybe i'm so inexperienced with them that I just plain suck, inking turf is pretty easy but getting splats is a whole other story. People say rollers are really predictable too, since almost all roller users are flankers.

Would I try the roller again? Definitely, it'll take a while to get good at it though, and I'm not sure I have the patience for it. It didn't take me awhile to get good playing with my mains, so i'll need some serious dedication to pick up a roller again.

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
I HATE DUALIES.
I have that awful habit of jumping a ton and guess what button is the same as jump and roll?
I have killed myself more times by accidentally rolling than I can count.
MAKES ME SALT

squiddoodly

Full Squid
I have that awful habit of jumping a ton and guess what button is the same as jump and roll?
Same goes for me, playing the Splatfest Premiere back in July, where I used the dualies for the first time, was excruciating. Jumping is pretty useful when firing in Splatoon 1, if I do say so myself. So it was habitual when playing with any gun type weapon that I would jump, which led to a long sequence of splats with the dualies...

I don't dislike the dualies for that reason though, I don't dislike them at all in fact. It's more like just something I don't know if I can get use to.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
The Splatterscope has definitely replaced the Splat Charger for me as being the least fun weapon to use.

2shotsofvodka

Give me all your Vodka
I really hate using the rollers, especially dynamo roller. Mainly because I enjoy playing with speed and sneaks, they're just so slow, and just the way to use the regular ones I cant get used to atm uhg.

Doesn't mean I won't try to get used to them, however, will just take time for me to adjust, aha

Moscorat

Inkling
NNID
Themoscorat
Any charger weapons.

I don't like charging shots, with a shooter you can run and gun and get some splats but with a charger I sit there and then some enemy inkling flanks me and I think to myself "Well I guess I'm splatted now". I do want to get good with them but I probably will never get to that.

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
Any charger weapons.

I don't like charging shots, with a shooter you can run and gun and get some splats but with a charger I sit there and then some enemy inkling flanks me and I think to myself "Well I guess I'm splatted now". I do want to get good with them but I probably will never get to that.
Why not use Sub power up on:wst_charge_normalscp00:? :ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange:

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
I will, and will probably always hate the brushes.

I don't think my fingers can handle them, I don't like the playstyle of constantly sharking around, as it can get boring sometimes, or down right unplayable if your opponents ink the map. And I dislike facing them. Everytime I get a kill, there's some brush coming from the heavens with an RKO aimed at my face. Seriously, I hate playing against it because it just forces me to trade every single time, or I have to be extremely cautious whenever I'm against it. Even if I spot the thing first, it can 180 me if I decide to go for two blasts. It's pretty ridiculous. But whenever I kill a brush, it's a pretty good feeling for me.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Aeromeme RG.

Can ink, terrible at literally everything else. Your ttk is so low every other shooter in your range class can outgun you. Zero range, and zero ranged options. Packed with the worst sub and a special that doesn't help it one bit, and you have a really really terrible and boring weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom