• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

ARE YOU HYPED?????

• Total voters

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
DLC 1 seems really exciting, although I am looking forward to DLC 2 most!
Seems like it will be a story revolving around the champions and their past --ergo the name of the DLC.
We knew nothing about the champions so they kinda felt like... "filler" characters in a sense. But this DLC may give us much more info on them-- and make them more sentimental.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
inb4 playable Zelda goes to hunt down the champions

Damn, Hard Mode is a helluva lot more intimidating than I was expecting. I mean, I already got spoiled about the
White Lynel hangin' around the Temple of Time, but for it to be a damned White Crusher Lynel to boot? Why?[/s]

Add to the intimidation factor the regenerating health. I figured my usual strategy of bullrush-and-wallop-'em-'til-they-drop would prove to be a stupid idea this time [spoiler: I was right], so I figured I'd just sneak attack them, hide, and repeat. Not really doable when they're almost back to full health by the time you can land another sneak strike on them. At least they haven't brightened up enough to learn that walking into a brushfire will kill them.

I feel at this stage of the game it's wisest to avoid any head-on enemy encounters I can and focus on building up my heart supply in the meantime. Granted, that's how I played the game when I first started out, but it's been so long, it's like having to re-learn how to walk.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
inb4 playable Zelda goes to hunt down the champions

Damn, Hard Mode is a helluva lot more intimidating than I was expecting. I mean, I already got spoiled about the
White Lynel hangin' around the Temple of Time, but for it to be a damned White Crusher Lynel to boot? Why?[/s]

Add to the intimidation factor the regenerating health. I figured my usual strategy of bullrush-and-wallop-'em-'til-they-drop would prove to be a stupid idea this time [spoiler: I was right], so I figured I'd just sneak attack them, hide, and repeat. Not really doable when they're almost back to full health by the time you can land another sneak strike on them. At least they haven't brightened up enough to learn that walking into a brushfire will kill them.

I feel at this stage of the game it's wisest to avoid any head-on enemy encounters I can and focus on building up my heart supply in the meantime. Granted, that's how I played the game when I first started out, but it's been so long, it's like having to re-learn how to walk.
TIps and Tricks for MASTER MODE
GIT GUD (J/K)

The bow is your friend: keep enemies at bay with the bow, don't let them get up Keep shooting until they die.

Use bombs: Bokoblins and moblins can't swim a well placed bomb can launch them into the water.

Fire: DoT effects like fire keep your opponents from regenerating

"Freeze": Ice wands are amazing and make it super easy to stop powerful enemies dead in their tracks.
Remember the elements circle: the wizzard things will poof with a single arrow of the opposite element type.

Blood moons: they suck don't be afraid of retreating from a dangerous situation.

Be Sneaky: if you don't have to fight don't it's almost impossible to get a 1 for 1 trade with any weapon in the game (any super strong enemy) (kill an enemy before you break A weapon)

Use your buff food:Defense up and extra hearts are always a good choice

I haven't tried fighting any of the super dangerous Monsters.
that is all i got for you guys thanks for reading and have fun. there is zero shame in not playing Master mode or using Amiibo's.

Maave

Inkling Commander
DLC1 isn't really my style. I'll give it a go but .. I'll probably just wait for DLC2 with the story additions

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I had the game a few days early, it's honestly the best 3D Zelda game ever made, IMO. It just blows everything else out of the water and I'm glad they're continuing this very free world style in future titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom