• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The new Bamboozler 14mk III

Bamboozler vs squiffer

• Total voters

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
Do the burst bombs help at all?! I got knocked out a lot because for some reason, the burst bombs use up ALOT of ink, even with the ability meant for the ink used by the sub weapon to be reduced! The ONLY reason why I like it is because It comes with an ink strike, but you CANNOT use this weapon on Moray Towers, I.E splat zones, nor rain maker Unless you wanna lose, seems like its only good for tower control, where the tower goes close/within range:wst_charge_light00:.:(:mad: Nintendo knew what they did, the worst charger comes with an inkstrike, I actually was wondering why none of the chargers came with ink strikes.:inkstrike:

karl childers

Full Squid
Do the burst bombs help at all?! I got knocked out a lot because for some reason, the burst bombs use up ALOT of ink, even with the ability meant for the ink used by the sub weapon to be reduced! The ONLY reason why I like it is because It comes with an ink strike, but you CANNOT use this weapon on Moray Towers, I.E splat zones, nor rain maker Unless you wanna lose, seems like its only good for tower control, where the tower goes close/within range:wst_charge_light00:.:(:mad: Nintendo knew what they did, the worst charger comes with an inkstrike, I actually was wondering why none of the chargers came with ink strikes.:inkstrike:
Burst Bombs compliment the Bamboozler very well IMO. They're great for keeping your feet inked - we all know how easy it is for the other Bamboozlers to get trapped in enemy ink. They're also really good for finishing off opponents that you can't get a clear shot at (such as when they hide behind objects, walls or inclined planes) or for damaging opponents in advance and then finishing them with off with a charged shot. And Ink Strikes, at the very least, help with stage control which is important in any mode. Ink consumption from Burst Bombs is something you have to watch out for. I plan on using a main of ink sub saver and a main of ink recovery, but you can get by without those if you learn how to economize your ink properly.

Check out the streams by albinoalbatross on Twitch if you want to see the MK III put to good use.

Last edited:

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
MK III is the best of the three Bamboozler and it is going to be one of the most versatile weapons in the game. It actually significantly outperforms both the MK I and MK II on Moray towers and is incredibly viable there. This is a Top 10 weapon.

Try using the Burst Bombs first to trap them and then finishing them off with a shot. This will work more often then trying to hit them with a shot and then finishing off with a burst bomb, but overall use a mix of both.

I am currently working on this chart for how I feel using it in each Map/Mode combo.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
I've got blown up hundreds of times, because of other people with better weapons, then I've lost my S rank, once again!...:mad:

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
What's up with bamboo being a charger anyways?! It should have good range considering that bamboo is tall in real life, how did bamboo get into this game?! that's a question that I'm really concerned about....

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
What's up with bamboo being a charger anyways?! It should have good range considering that bamboo is tall in real life, how did bamboo get into this game?! that's a question that I'm really concerned about....
I'm afraid you'll need to get your priorities straight, then.

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
I've got blown up hundreds of times, because of other people with better weapons, then I've lost my S rank, once again!...:mad:
I really believe that it's not the weapon's fault here. In a case where everything's equal, Bamboo only significantly loses to Heavy Splatling, but beats Tentateks, Gals, Blasters, etc. The problem is that you're probably trying to play it like a sniper when it's not a sniper.

The weapons is by no means, bad

karl childers

Full Squid
The Bamboozler is as good as any weapon. It just requires a ton of precision and patience. You may want to experiment with lower sensitivities and practice with it in Turf Wars if you're concerned about your rank.
?

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
I don't know where that came from but there is random weapons that shouldn't belong with ocean based objects, ok I don't even know, I just don't like that charger too much.o_O:confused:

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
Now I seem a little crazy, I'm just never using this charger again,(until a splatfest heeh-heeh...)

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
That victory picture means nothing!!! I'm just horrible with Bamboozlers anyways.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
I use the clothes with the damage up ability, but, you cant use as many burst bombs, I mean you have to aim directly at the squid in order to knock them out.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
Does anybody else see how long it takes to use the Inkstrike, unless you never get knocked out, you can barely use the special.

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
@Albatross What gear do you like to run with it? I'm having trouble figuring out just what all to run with the mk.III
and will/did you update your bamboozler guide with it? :D
I have not updated my guide. I might just make a new one all together for this one because it's completely different. So many different ways to kill and so much more technical in my opinion. Before it was either half charge or full-tap. Now it's like, half, full-tap, burst-tap, burst-full, full-burst. A lot of damage ranges to it. And so much more this weapon can now that it couldn't before like wall camp. Might take a while, even though I have like 200k points on it right now, I still feel like I barely understand it.

This is the set I currently use. Might be ok to run more damage up to make burst-tapping people more consistent.

Last edited:

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Burst Bombs are by far the best thing that could have happened to the Bamboozler. The thing with chargers is, if you miss or your shot doesn't kill, the target will be entirely aware of you and react, and that's a disaster. It's like hunting. You miss and the prey will be aware of you and run. Now with the Bamboozler, provided you're using a good amount of strength-ups, you may often get to kill with only one fully charged shot, but if the opponent is at full health, it takes two shots. And the second shot is where it gets harder. Of course you don't use the Bamboozler like a regular charger and it's a different situation when you miss an E-Liter shot or when you try to land the second shot with your Bamboozler, but it is still a good comparison. Reason being that the Bamboozler is still a charger, despite all the massive differences. And as a charger, your shot, even if the damage output is massive, doesn't cover much turf to trap the opponent like a shooter does. The second shot is always easier to evade and your opponent will always be aware of you when you try to land it. Now the Burst Bombs have an unbelievable radius, unlike the Bamboozler, which is extremely precise. So if the territorial advantage is in your opponent's favor and evading your second shot from the Bamboozler is easy for him, the Burst Bomb is a much more reliable finisher.

I do have to say that Inkstrike is holding this weapon back though. Funnily, I don't even think it's useful in Turf War. I get that something needed to be done for this weapon to also be able to cover more turf, but that didn't work out. It's by far the worst possible special weapon they could have given it IMO. The fact that it's categorized as a Heavy Depletion Special doesn't help either.

Last edited:

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
I have no updated my guide. I might just make a new one all together for this one because it's completely different. So many different ways to kill and so much more technical in my opinion. Before it was either half charge or full-tap. Now it's like, half, full-tap, burst-tap, burst-full, full-burst. A lot of damage ranges to it. And so much more this weapon can now that it couldn't before like wall camp. Might take a while, even though I have like 200k points on it right now, I still feel like I barely understand it.

This is the set I currently use. Might be ok to run more damage up to make burst-tapping people more consistent.

Ah thanks! I need to get more run speed up gear. And I know what you mean! It has so many options now. My worst habit with it is I burst tap most of the time, breaking myself out of that habit is tough. Which is ironic since I've used mk.II a lot

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
I love my legendary hat, though it has a patch sewn in, its cute to wear. and it helps with the damage up ability because you can use less burst bombs.

Last edited:

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I really believe that it's not the weapon's fault here. In a case where everything's equal, Bamboo only significantly loses to Heavy Splatling, but beats Tentateks, Gals, Blasters, etc. The problem is that you're probably trying to play it like a sniper when it's not a sniper.

The weapons is by no means, bad
Teach me senpai
I can't snipe to save my rank
I don't know where that came from but there is random weapons that shouldn't belong with ocean based objects, ok I don't even know, I just don't like that charger too much.o_O:confused:
It's a remake of an old weapon, which makes sense because before they made weapons out of metal, they used bamboo(which grows well). And we all know they invaded Japan :P

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
Teach me senpai
I can't snipe to save my rank

It's a remake of an old weapon, which makes sense because before they made weapons out of metal, they used bamboo(which grows well). And we all know they invaded Japan :p
Well, it's not really a sniper. Requires the mentality of a shooter to use it well. I also advise against relying on one-shots despite how many people preach its effectiveness. Unreliable in the end and teaches bad habits.

If anyone is interested I used it for almost all of the Messtival 4 tournament. Our team finished 4th. These are all the matches I played, both wins and losses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom