• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The new Bamboozler 14mk III

Bamboozler vs squiffer

• Total voters

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Well, it's not really a sniper. Requires the mentality of a shooter to use it well. I also advise against relying on one-shots despite how many people preach its effectiveness. Unreliable in the end and teaches bad habits.

If anyone is interested I used it for almost all of the Messtival 4 tournament. Our team finished 4th. These are all the matches I played, both wins and losses.
I usually use shooters, so maybe that'll help me?
Next time I get on, I'll try adding more damage up to my set(Jungle Hat, Varsity Jacket, Blue Moto Boots)

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
I do like the burst bombs, really that's the thing/ fact that I like about using this charger. :)

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
I liked the Bamboozler line before, but it never clicked with me until I tried this one out. Burst Bombs are an absolutely fantastic sub ability for it and they alone make the Mk III worth using. Everything surrounding its special, though, is really strange. I can't really fathom why it got Inkstrike or why it has heavy special depletion. Probably for balancing issues, or to further its role as a support weapon? Still doesn't really go well with it, but it has its uses. I'm growing to love this weapon.

karl childers

Full Squid
I liked the Bamboozler line before, but it never clicked with me until I tried this one out. Burst Bombs are an absolutely fantastic sub ability for it and they alone make the Mk III worth using. Everything surrounding its special, though, is really strange. I can't really fathom why it got Inkstrike or why it has heavy special depletion. Probably for balancing issues, or to further its role as a support weapon? Still doesn't really go well with it, but it has its uses. I'm growing to love this weapon.
They were probably worried about the Bambie being extremely powerful with Burst Bombs so they made it weak with regard to its special weapon. They might buff the special depletion in the future depending on how the meta develops after this latest patch.

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
Yeah it's probably balancing. I believe if it had any other special it probably would've been too powerful, bar maybe bomb rush. Also Bamboozler isn't really a support weapon, don't know where this idea came from. MK II might be, but with MK I and MK III you're not really providing anything that directly helps your teammates.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
Team spongebob lost! I'm mad too, because this charger that I am talking (the bamboozler 14 MK ll ) about was what I kept losing with, all I saw was burst bomb, explode, and when I re-spawned, then I got hit by a inkstrike! so maybe this is a hint that I should take to use this charger. And the splatfest next time, I'm just going to choose the less popular team, and choose that team on the exact date, so I WONT, lose to the less popular team again!

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
It cant even charge splat unless you're right in front of the person, it cannot compare to anything....!!! unless you have the same thing.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
It cant even charge splat unless you're right in front of the person, it cannot compare to anything....!!! unless you have the same thing.
One, it has the same range as a Splat Charger regardless of how long you charge it. And you'll need to hit them twice(or once if they're already damaged), with the second being a quick tap. And two, I beat my friend(we're about the same caliber of skill, me probably a little better) with the Mk lll. He had the Fresh Squiffer(and both of us were new to the weapon-I had started playing it the day of).
Team spongebob lost! I'm mad too, because this charger that I am talking (the bamboozler 14 MK ll ) about was what I kept losing with, all I saw was burst bomb, explode, and when I re-spawned, then I got hit by a inkstrike! so maybe this is a hint that I should take to use this charger. And the splatfest next time, I'm just going to choose the less popular team, and choose that team on the exact date, so I WONT, lose to the less popular team again!
And I would suggest trying before judging. (Also, least popular team does win, although I had thought Team Patrick was more popular and people had Patrick v Patrick battles)

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
I only like to use the charger when I have to ink the turf/ splat some people, but I will have to use the clothes with the damage up abilities.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
How do you get every gear ability damage up? I need to know so I can actually use this charger!

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
Does anyone like to make symbols with this charger? this charger seems like the only one you can "write" with.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
Okay, I only use this charger when I plan to dance around, because I wont need to fight then.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
One, it has the same range as a Splat Charger regardless of how long you charge it. And you'll need to hit them twice(or once if they're already damaged), with the second being a quick tap. And two, I beat my friend(we're about the same caliber of skill, me probably a little better) with the Mk lll. He had the Fresh Squiffer(and both of us were new to the weapon-I had started playing it the day of).

And I would suggest trying before judging. (Also, least popular team does win, although I had thought Team Patrick was more popular and people had Patrick v Patrick battles)
I Should try that next time!

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
Do the burst bombs help at all?! I got knocked out a lot because for some reason, the burst bombs use up ALOT of ink, even with the ability meant for the ink used by the sub weapon to be reduced! The ONLY reason why I like it is because It comes with an ink strike, but you CANNOT use this weapon on Moray Towers, I.E splat zones, nor rain maker Unless you wanna lose, seems like its only good for tower control, where the tower goes close/within range:wst_charge_light00:.:(:mad: Nintendo knew what they did, the worst charger comes with an inkstrike, I actually was wondering why none of the chargers came with ink strikes.:inkstrike:
I'm replying back to me because... I think "Bamboozle" means fool! which it did fool me!!!

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
Does anyone hove any new ideas to do/use with this charger,?

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Do you know how to skillfully use this charger?
Ish
I panic in up close situations, but I do decent in battles. This isn't really meant for sniping, but I've gotten some really great Burst Bomb snipes. I'll attempt to use the weapon this weekend, and give you more accurate results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom