• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The new Bamboozler 14mk III

Bamboozler vs squiffer

• Total voters

KayB

Semi-Pro Squid
Also Bamboozler isn't really a support weapon, don't know where this idea came from.
Well I mean it depends on the map right? On blackbelly skatepark splat zones for example, if the enemy team doesn't have a heavy, hydra, splatterscope, or an e-liter, you're basically a god once you get on the middle tower of the map since you're basically a sentinel at that point (as long as you don't get nailed by a special). Moving from that point doesn't really benefit too much since you have a view of every vantage point and as long as you're not one of the four weapons I listed, plus Blackbelly's slopes make it more inconvenient for snipers to move around. If you're on that tower, you're basically playing support. Or area control depending on what you want to call it.

MK II might be, but with MK I and MK III you're not really providing anything that directly helps your teammates.
When would an MK II or MK I be more helpful than an MK III anyway? The inkstrike has much to ask for, but the MK III benefits so much from burst bombs that I don't know if exchanging it for a splash wall + killer wail set is worth it, much less a disruptor + echolocator set.

As for equipment, would ink saver sub be more worth it or are run speed ups more worth it? I use two gears essentially filled with damage ups while my third is filled with either ink saver main or ink recovery up.

Last edited:

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
I no longer use Damage Up on Bamboo. I dropped it a while ago and haven't noticed myself losing out on kills since doing so. I know everyone in the world is going to disagree with this, enough people already did when I tried to advocate only using 1 Main and 4 Subs instead of 2 Main 5 Subs.

MK II Build:
Either 2 Main 3 Subs of Run Speed + 1 Main and 6 Subs of Special Charge Up. Or 1 Main 3 Subs of Run Speed, Tenacity, and 1 Main 6 Subs of Special Charge Up. The build is hyper defensive, you hold back build echo, don't push up, cover ground, get echo, kill anyone that tries to flank, get echo. Basically get echo and protect your team's back. I found this to work best on Kelp Dome, most notably Tower Control.

MK III Build:
This one is harder to use without damage, but I still manage, just have to hold the charge a little bit after throwing a burst bomb. 2 Mains of Ink Recovery Up, 6 Subs of Ink Saver Sub, and 1 Main 3 Subs of Run Speed.

After trying SCU MK II I believe the weapon still has a place in the game. Outside of Port, I can't think of a reason to ever use MK I though.

Run Speed on MK III feels less necessary than the other variants. If you're really that into damage you could probably get away with less Run Speed.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
I got the hang of it, considering all of my gear has damage up, and I use the main weapon first, then the burst bomb, I know now! :)

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Rude much, I didn't ask for that comment. :( this thread is for fun, not for bums like you, lets get that straight first! # R U Mad or Naw?.
I didn't ask for a reply to a month-old reply to an overall irrelevant comment, but here we are.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
SO... you replied to it? it must be somewhat important, but people like you still read things/reply to it, even if it is not about the subject. #It's Just U here 2 start feuds.

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Just wanted to say thanks for showing me a correct usage and side of the bamboozler guys! I've been working on it and this really helped.

Ber

Full Squid
NNID
Bernee
I no longer use Damage Up on Bamboo. I dropped it a while ago and haven't noticed myself losing out on kills since doing so. I know everyone in the world is going to disagree with this, enough people already did when I tried to advocate only using 1 Main and 4 Subs instead of 2 Main 5 Subs.

MK II Build:
Either 2 Main 3 Subs of Run Speed + 1 Main and 6 Subs of Special Charge Up. Or 1 Main 3 Subs of Run Speed, Tenacity, and 1 Main 6 Subs of Special Charge Up. The build is hyper defensive, you hold back build echo, don't push up, cover ground, get echo, kill anyone that tries to flank, get echo. Basically get echo and protect your team's back. I found this to work best on Kelp Dome, most notably Tower Control.

MK III Build:
This one is harder to use without damage, but I still manage, just have to hold the charge a little bit after throwing a burst bomb. 2 Mains of Ink Recovery Up, 6 Subs of Ink Saver Sub, and 1 Main 3 Subs of Run Speed.

After trying SCU MK II I believe the weapon still has a place in the game. Outside of Port, I can't think of a reason to ever use MK I though.

Run Speed on MK III feels less necessary than the other variants. If you're really that into damage you could probably get away with less Run Speed.
Well with a more defensive play style Damage Up is certainly not necessary.
Actually I don't think it's necessary on any of the variants but at least with my play style I've found it helps more than other abilities and I still don't run that much, I run 1 main and 2 subs which is just enough to turn the completely uncharged shots from 4 hit splat into a 3 hit splat on opponents with no defence up.
Run speed is actually the ability I've found the least useful as I rarely run with this weapon, specially the MK III with which I can splatter hop around enemies with the burst bombs.

Not trying to say you're wrong, I'm just trying to show how different play styles can be with this weapon.
And I'm also rank S+ if that means anything.

Last edited:

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
Run speed is actually the ability I've found the least useful as I rarely run with this weapon, specially the MK III with which I can splatter hop around enemies with the burst bombs.
Yeah, I said Run Speed is probably least useful with MK III because most of your movement will be done with Burst Bombs. Run Speed is more of a pressure, positioning, and spacing tool. To hold you distance from them if they either move up or try to back away while still being able to apply pressure with shots at the same time.

D

Deleted member

I don't know if I should get a Bamboozler, I'm not too shabby with chargers, but I also like to keep my distance from my opponents... Do you think I should get one? :wst_charge_light00:

WiseSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Lornomeister
I really believe that it's not the weapon's fault here. In a case where everything's equal, Bamboo only significantly loses to Heavy Splatling, but beats Tentateks, Gals, Blasters, etc. The problem is that you're probably trying to play it like a sniper when it's not a sniper.

The weapons is by no means, bad
Man I wish i could've seen those matches... Probably would've learned a lot.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
@Albatross have you tried running 2 subs of damage on the 3? This makes it so a direct and indirect with two burst bombs kills, and it's not a big investment. I feel like every burst bomb weapon should run those 2 subs unless they have a REALLY good reason not to.

Also, do you still think that the 3 is top tier?

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
@Albatross have you tried running 2 subs of damage on the 3? This makes it so a direct and indirect with two burst bombs kills, and it's not a big investment. I feel like every burst bomb weapon should run those 2 subs unless they have a REALLY good reason not to.

Also, do you still think that the 3 is top tier?
I've gone back to using 1 Main 3 Subs on MK III to deal with defense. 2 subs of damage is good too though. I still think it's a very good weapon, but sometimes I have to supplement my team's composition more with MK I or II.

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
@Albatross Do you have any way how I can watch how you play? I've been searching all over the internet but I couldn't find you anywhere.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
Panda's use bamboo for energy, so why do we use it to fight?!...:):confused::confused:

sega

Inkling
NNID
sagasaves
try using this with bomb range up and ink saver sub....super good, but better than the MK II? dunno there.
iv'e got 151947 turf inked with MK III and 304794 turf inked with MK II (16766 with MK I)
LOVE THE MK II !!!

Magnus0

Pro Squid
This thing would be so much better with light or even medium depletion. The bamboozler is a very aggresive weapon, so if your play isn't on point at all times, you will lose your special. And, I mean, it's an inkstrike. An inkstrike shouldn't have high special depletion. Because inkstrike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom