• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Official Side Order Spoilers Thread

Cephalobro

@Cephalobro

if you 100% the game w/ all palletes you get agent 8's pattete then you have to beat side order AGAIN with agent 8's BUT the more hacks the less color chips the pallete allows. but if you do beat it you get octo shot replica ;)
Oh wow! I was scared that the Octo Shot Replica wasn't going to be obtainable because of the Order Splattershot Replica, but I'm so glad it made a comeback!

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I figured out the trick I was missing and I know exactly how I'm gonna pull off a No Hacks run.

Use Splatling it's broken as hell lmao.

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
So, I finally played the mode myself, and there's actually something I like that they do at the very beginning. So if you let your copy of Splatoon 3 recognize Splatoon 2's data, the default Agent 8 will actually be the one you have customized in Octo Expansion. While Side Order definitely gives us more options to customize Agent 8 with, I stuck to the one I customized in Octo Expansion for continuity purposes.

Also, Agent 4 was mentioned, but the icon for their Pallette is actually the logo for Cuttlegear, which is actually a nice touch given Agent 4 was part of the New Squidbeak Splatoon.
To this point as well - I'm like 90% sure that for the AI Inkling boss, the Inkling that's predominantly shown in the intro that plays has the same hairstyle that you chose in Splatoon 2. I played this on a friend's Switch to determine if I should buy it or not and I remember it consistently being some female hairstyle, then on my own it always has the male one I used for what little I played of Splatoon 2. Pretty cool detail.

For the game itself, I've been enjoying it. I had the same issue that was mentioned before where if you're playing without any upgrades you're prone to just getting overrun and there's nothing you can do about it. Kinda sucks that it took several runs of this for me to realize, but one hack to boost main weapon damage fixed the problem. I wasn't huge on Splatoon 3's singleplayer because it was easy to the point where it got unengaging for me very fast and I was afraid this would be the same for me but nah, it's just the right difficulty like this and it's fun to see how the playstyle of each weapon changes under the new setting. Really love the atmosphere they gave us here, especially with the music.

Anyways I now have the Order Stamper Replica. Time to grind it to four stars LOL

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
Screenshot 2024-02-22 205813.png

Screenshot 2024-02-22 194040.png

my wins so far

planning on 1000% this, this mode is so addicting omg

Cephalobro

To this point as well - I'm like 90% sure that for the AI Inkling boss, the Inkling that's predominantly shown in the intro that plays has the same hairstyle that you chose in Splatoon 2. I played this on a friend's Switch to determine if I should buy it or not and I remember it consistently being some female hairstyle, then on my own it always has the male one I used for what little I played of Splatoon 2. Pretty cool detail.
Yeah, I noticed that the AI boss did have the same hairstyle as my Agent 4, and the ones I fought had the male Inkling "Ouch!" sounds from Splatoon 2 because my Agent 4 is male as well.

Alphine_Agnitio

Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
ngl bros, this dlc was so underwhelming. I understand it's supposed to be short in order to be "repayable" but it has like 1/3 of the content of OE, yet costs $5 more. I guess it's kinda neat to get Inkopolis Square as a completion bonus, but that doesn't justify the price or the year and a half wait in my opinion. Not to mention that the story felt very anticlimactic, which especially burns considering this was advertised as single player dlc. View attachment 9649
for the logistical story limitations of the genre they chose for this dlc(by their nature the game can't assume you'll get to a specific floor without handholding you to it, ala the first run where you get to floor 10) I think they did an amazing job tbh. I was expecting nothing story wise imma be real but what we did get was honestly quite compelling for even Splatoons usually lax standards of story exposition. The overall aesthetic theming was great too, even if a lot of it wasn't elaborated on(even then I'd wager if they were forced to it would probably boil down to "vr go brrr")

Of course if you don't like roguelikes or haven't played any in the first place its going to feel like there's little to no value in playing the spire over and over and over after you beat it with all the palettes but I think the fact they went out of their way to try a new gameplay genre for a dlc(especially one which is notorious for being very beginner unfriendly, with high skill ceilings and floors) instead of doing "octo expansion but again" or "hero mode 3 but slightly revamped" deserves praise. I never played Octo Expansion but now i don't even want to, this is a 10/10 dlc for me. My only real gripe is enemy variety is a tad small, but there is enough variety that it still feels just overwhelming enough for that certified roguelike experience of "oh **** oh **** theres so many of them aaaa"

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
I've beaten the Spire with Blaster, Brush and Splatling at this point, when I beat it with all of the weapons, is there a secret boss or something like Inner Agent 3?

Alphine_Agnitio

Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
I've beaten the Spire with Blaster, Brush and Splatling at this point, when I beat it with all of the weapons, is there a secret boss or something like Inner Agent 3?
Unfortunally no but the last palatte has a neat challenge tied to it which is close enough imo

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
xerneas
Switch Friend Code
SW-5046-3858-9981
well im here now cause my friend from school spoiled LITERALY EVERYTHING

Cephalobro

Oh boy, took me all day to beat it with the Brella, but I finally did it, I finished with the Dualies first, and now I finished with the Brella. Now to begin a run with the Splattershot or the Heavy Splatling, whichever one is next.

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
Currently beat all 30 floors with Splattershot, Dulies, Heavy Splatling, Stamper, Tri-Stringer, and Bucket.
I beat it first with Shot and I figured if I was already having difficulty with a shooter it was probably gonna be a pain with something that isn't as mobile and I was right but it's still fun.
Ironically, Tri-Stringer is the only weapon I got to the end first try but maybe that's only after playing the mode for so long.
I think Luna Blaster is the worst one for this mode but I haven't done Charger yet so maybe I'll change my mind.

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
hacks make the game so much easier
with no hacks it is much more of a challenge, which is why my first completion was so difficult and stressful
i didnt get to play octo expansion so i have no idea how this compares to that, but this game is still so good

Cephalobro

Beat it with the Splattershot first try in record time too. Rigorous floors didn't stand a chance! And also, it's now that I discovered that each Color Chip have new entries based on how many you put in the Pallete in a single run, they don't have to be in a row, just in the same run. And there are off course, weapon-specific chips, so looks like I'm gonna do many repeat, but incomplete runs just to unlock all of the entries about them.

Last edited:

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
did anybody else think that shiver’s favorite weapon was splatana and frye’s was stringer? it’s opposite according to the weapons in their palette in side order

Cephalobro

Replayed with the Order Brella just to get the entries for its specific Color Chips. I turned off the hacks with Color Chip bias to make this possible.

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
xerneas
Switch Friend Code
SW-5046-3858-9981
the emote you can get is nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom